User Tag List

Page 1181 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 181 681 1081 1131 1171 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1191 1231 1281 1681 2181 ... LastLast
Results 17,701 to 17,715 of 38274
Like Tree169184Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Tired tonight after a long day of cleaning so.....scrambled eggs with cheese on top and toast. Called everyone....suppers ready...as they showed up said you just have to make your toast. Dirty trick but hey....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tonight I think I`ll order.....:D

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Husband bought liver yesterday, so he'll cook that for himself!
    I'll make some sort of potatoes to go with, along with a salad.
    Have to come up with a meat for myself - probably do something with the chicken from soupmaking yesterday.
    harbie, Crochetlady, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

None of us are very hungry tonight, had DS's party from 1 - 3 and had chips, pizza, etc. But we have leftover crockpot pork if we need it, and I've put some other pork chops into some marinade, going to grill them on my Cuisinart griller later if we need something else.

Editing to say, they're hungry, I'm not. I had a couple leftover cooked chicken thighs, so I made what looked a lot like a Crunchwrap at Taco Bell. Put some bits of cheddar into the centre of a tortilla, added diced chicken, a pinch of taco seasoning and some salsa, folded it kind of like a hexagon and sprized with olive oil before putting it on my Cuisinart Griller. It got nice and brown, cheese melted, boys are happy. Only had enough chicken for two of them so I didn't get any, can't say for sure how good they were, but they did seem to be enjoying them!
    Last edited by Zonny; Sun, Apr 6th, 2014 at 05:37 PM.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

today we had a super super early dinner. Ribs with salad and sautéed veggies!
    Natalka, ROMEO, harbie and 3 others like this.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

dinner for both Sat and Sun was " pick what you want " from the dishes I made early in the day and had in the fridge. DS and DH had chili and a burger with roasted veg. DD had basa fillets with steamed veg and mashed potato. I had a 3 variety kale/gai lan/roasted garlic/cooked beets mixture and basa.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

First barbecue of the year! It was 11 degrees at suppertime!

I made potato wedges, got all the fixings for the burgers ready - got pork burgers from Co-op last week - really yummy, a bit spicy for me, but okay when I ate with other stuff.
    Son came over, wanted to man the BBQ and made the burgers perfectly.
    Dessert was to be brownies, but everyone was too full!
    Son got very generous care package to take home, though - burgers, potatoes, and buns which were left, plus some fresh veggies, cookies, and brownies.
    harbie, Crochetlady, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Met a friend for coffee this afternoon. By the time I was ready to come home it was late so I picked up a pizza
    Natalka, harbie, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Suppose to be sunny this afternoon/evening so time to fire up the bbq again....steak and a salad will keep things simple...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Was going to make fried chicken wings tonight and realized we were out of chicken wings , doh!

Pulled out ribs instead so will sauce those up on the bbq for dinner with wedges and carrots

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I cooked some pork sirloin last night, browned it then simmered it with some soy sauce, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, pepper, garlic (no salt since soy is so salty). Tonight I browned some onions, poured in sliced pork and its juice, a dash of ketchup and more Worcestershire since it seemed to be lacking something. Added carrots and peppers just lightly cooked, and served with pasta. It was good, but not awesome.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I have a big pot of Chili which is beyond loaded with veggies simmering on the stove and won't be done for a couple of hours yet

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I haven't made chili in awhile. Sometimes I make vegan chili, I find that mushrooms make a good substitute for meat, they have a good texture for that.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am in love with doing whole bulbs of fresh garlic roasted in the oven now. Just tried this the other day after watching how to by Martha Stewart and finding some that was Organic grown in Canada garlic at No Frills. ( I was giddy! bought 4 packs) I never buy fresh garlic as they are mostly from China. Anyway this was a treat! I spread the delicious roasted paste onto my GF toast, now no one here will talk with me.......... ha ha
    Natalka, harbie and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I am in love with doing whole bulbs of fresh garlic roasted in the oven now. Just tried this the other day after watching how to by Martha Stewart and finding some that was Organic grown in Canada garlic at No Frills. ( I was giddy! bought 4 packs) I never buy fresh garlic as they are mostly from China. Anyway this was a treat! I spread the delicious roasted paste onto my GF toast, now no one here will talk with me.......... ha ha
    Oh yes, roasted garlic is lovely! I rarely buy fresh garlic anymore, I find that the grocery store ones mostly are sprouted and old, I buy big jars of minced garlic at Costco for cooking.

But whole bulbs, if they're good, drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil and bake. Add to your mashed or baked potatoes, rub on your steak with some olive oil before grilling. I have a recipe for foccacia bread for my bread machine, make the dough in there, then roll it out like pizza dough. Spread with olive oil, caramelized onions, thinly sliced browned mushrooms, bits of roasted garlic, fresh Parmesan cheese, a bit of mozzarella on top....YUM!
    Natalka, harbie, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information