User Tag List

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sitting here looking for my ambition, I did not get as much done yesterday as I needed too and now I feel like I am running out of time. I really needed to spend one day this weekend working the house, the other doing work. But I slacked off yesterday and today is not looking much better.

I cannot believe how close we are to Christmas, my goal is to have a functioning living room by Christmas and really this is the only weekend I have as next week I am on inventory and working a good part of the weekend (hoping for Saturday only but I have been voted if someone has to go in Sunday it is me, yippee (really no comment this is a HUGE issue we have every year as 95% of the staff feel they are above doing the Sunday so me and another girl have to rotate well everyone else gets the Sunday off and it shows as they do not work as hard to get everything done in one day, I think the new rule should be you screw around you automatically have to come in Sunday). So I really need to go into Super Woman mode and just get it done but I have lost my ambition my whole body is screaming for a nap but I cannot give in as I was spoiled last week and got to sleep in till 6 but this week I have to go back to 5 and a nap would mean issues sleeping tonight.

Why is it when you have to get something done you fight yourself?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Okay SA-I am going to help you crack the whip! 2 hours of chores to be rewarded with 20 minutes of screen time! I am a tough task master-lol.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Yikes you are a saint, I would have drawn a mustache on her wedding picture!
    Oh so tempting lmao

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh happy day. DH sorted out our basement storage the other day and our fridge freezer today-you can actually get quite a bit in when it is neatly stashed!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Ashley i'll send ya some of my ambition,
    cleaned my bathroom, made 4 dozen cake cookies(cake batter turned into cookies), a huge loaded brownie.
    made one wreath, cleaned two fans.
    next is another wreath, make two small ornament trees.
    do some laundry.
    then hopefully tidy up before dinner/bed.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Can't remember if I've posted this.

http://www.dw.de/program/advent-calendar/s-101310-9798

Today is all about pfefferkuchen.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Ashley i'll send ya some of my ambition,
    cleaned my bathroom, made 4 dozen cake cookies(cake batter turned into cookies), a huge loaded brownie.
    made one wreath, cleaned two fans.
    next is another wreath, make two small ornament trees.
    do some laundry.
    then hopefully tidy up before dinner/bed.
    I don't suppose I can have some of your energy???

And can we please please please see pix of your creations?

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy Ashley -I feel I have to fight myself today too-thanks for the input about my watching "ashlyn" -I am only doing it til january my son /his wife is then putting her in daycare(parttime 2 days a week-my son will watch her on his days off) where my daughter-i-law works -then he will only need me once or twice a month
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm feeling lazy and tired today too. Went for groceries. Laundry going at my moms. So will make the bed and put clean laundry away. Tonight's dinner is either chicken stir-fry or steak on bbq. We can't decide! We have the fixings for both and will have one tonight and the other tomorrow night. Had a $1 sale today but she left me $2 lol. Need to get posting. Have baby Christmas new pjs so should make sure I post that today. Kind of forgot about it!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'll trade two bickering boys for some ambition. They're driving me bonkers today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well did 3 loads of laundry today -clean sheets yipeee-the little things in life that make us happy
    -talked to my daughter I Toronto -she was walking on the Danforth-and i could hear a band of carollers singing xmas singings -niceee(I asked her if she wanted us to come for a visit before xmas -like next weekend -but they are busy a xmas party sat night and she has to work from home sunday-I guess i want her to know I care about her and hubby too-since I have been babysitting lots and missed a few of her calls
    -just made lovely supper roasted chicken i paid 7.00 few months back,cheap reduce potatoes .97(mashed ) carrots roasted in oven too .97 plus a few tea biscuits(made from the box)see under 10.00 then I mustred up my energy and made homemade chicken soup-3 containers for the freezer-hh and a few slices (2)to make a chicken sandwich-w0w I am impressed with all that I did
    -sold2 bettyboop mugs 10.00-i made last night
    -almost done the tree just putting a few glass balls on it -then a few ornaments-know what I may finish on Monday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes I love clean sheets! Miss my washing machine. Need to get out and buy one soon

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

andit are you referring to my cookies or my wreaths.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well peeps-signing off for a week or so. Hope you all have a great week getting prepped for the holidays!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It was sunny this morning--after cooking the ground beef brother bought last night (and split into two portions for two taco kits) and having breakfast---I went for a walk! Thought I'd check both grocery stores for the Dark Ginger Ale (coupon in hand)-anything that Fortino's had on Monday was gone and no extras displayed anywhere else. Food Basics has no Dark GingerAle. Shoppers-each Kit Kat is $1.29 plus tax and I had $1.10. Did not want to go home empty-handed so spent $1 on scratch ticket-no win.

Found the bagged New Homes & Condo issue with the free Model Home 2015 calendar. They've extended the issue date from 4 weeks to 6 weeks (Dec 6-Jan 17).
    @SassyAshley - pity that all staff don't do the inventory together on same day to make everyone deal with it. More minds means more people who'd know how to do it, right?
    Photos-would you have any with your Nanny in the frames? I'd suggest you get a photo wall started and let the Xmas decorating wait until after inventory. Glad you are not pushing all out today-enjoy a break from routine. The car tires are on, correct? Or is Dad getting you a chauffeur?
    @Andit -so glad you are enjoying your visits to the Christmas market! Hope feet are not too upset about all the cobblestones underfoot. One does feel that after a period of standing/walking (modern pavement seems easier!). Appreciated the Advent calendar link as I will go to the other six days to see what the topics are.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information