User Tag List

Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Saundyl-that is insane. I hope the higher wages or tax breaks help to make up for the higher cost of everything it seems-good grief!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Mrs. S.: we have a dog so & a beagle at that so the squirrels don’t like our yard. But I did leave the lights on just in case & surprisingly other than the cases of chicken I just bought from RCSS we had no chicken except for a small package lost at the back so we are having some chicken thing for dinner on Saturday. Turkey on Sunday…that was what started this whole lets clean the freeze nonsense but it looks great now.
    The final count was 11 packs of bacon so not too crazy. The best was the 7 packs of shrimp. We do a lot of shrimp pasta dinners as it is easy and the older son loves shrimp so this was a bonus. I also found some prepared stuff that was forgotten so dinner this week will be easy. Mince, hot pot & pulled pork …yummy. I have a wicked deal for PC Plus this week of 800 points for every old mill English muffin. But since I now know I have 6 packages I will resist the temptation.
    Saundyl: that is just crazy, but at least you had a decrease even if you had to be away from home.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

OMG Saundyl! That's incredible! We could NEVER afford to live where you do!

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    My god. Propane makes me want to cry. We got our propane bill for Dec. We weren't home for the last 12 days so heat was only at 15 degrees Celsius for that time and it was still a 500 dollar bill.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-saundyl -my friend lives in a trailor home near flamborough and she has propane she is in her early 70 and last year it cost her almost 2,000 for winter -unreal so you are not alone

-my friend around the corner anna michelle(fellowsmart canucker) won a 2015 nisson rogue from chch cha-ching contest-so happy for her -she really works hard at couponing ,price matching to save her family money

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Somehow, I'm not seeing the possibility to "like" any of these comments. Please know I DO like your comments! I basically "took the day off". Terrible weather and I am trying to train my dogs to just use the small area near our back door which is sheltered so we can just zip out, do what they need to do and get back in before we freeze. The groomer said that their pads on their feet get as cold as bare hands and to use that as a guide. The poodle learned the lesson really fast. The schnauzer is, I swear, Attention Deficit Disordered. He can get to the point where he's ready and then a bird will chirp and off he goes to investigate. We've been successful twice, though!
    We've been trying to clear all the left-overs out of our fridge - and unfortunately many things had gone "off" as my mother used to say. We're going to have to keep better track of what we put in as "left-overs" and use them more quickly. We're getting another small freezer that goes in the basement which will help. I just have to tidy up so there is room near the plug.
    I have been sending in insurance claims for drugs and trying to "reclaim" money we've already spent. Got caught up with that today, too so. I'm feeling good.
    DH has forewarned me that the next 3 days are all about FOOTBALL so he is not complaining about a night of "Say Yes to the Dress." He usually can't stay in the same room while I watch it!
    I realize I have to start to get organized for INCOME TAX - bleck! I better do it soon, because DH goes in for surgery Feb. 9 and who knows what will be happening after that! Hopefully not like last year when all this started.
    Good to see you back Ashley!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

My god. Propane makes me want to cry. We got our propane bill for Dec. We weren't home for the last 12 days so heat was only at 15 degrees Celsius for that time and it was still a 500 dollar bill.
    I know! It's absurd. We live in a condo with shared tanks so we can't even shop around. We are stuck with Superior. Are you on equal billing? We started that a few years back when we were in over our heads with $800 bills in the winter.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I like how @SassyAshley mentioned the weather is rude. The cold part-definitely. Love the sunshine as it makes up for the grey December. Snow is just powder and easy to clear off the walkds.
    @Andit -see if you and Lily can pop out for 2 minutes from the building then run back in. Arctic Zone should be in retreat by Monday (two day shift back but it's coming). Storage locker could be your Treasure Island when you retrieve the present for your friend! Think Eaton's Uncrates the Sun campaign and go!
    @coupon girl @Anna michelle- AWESOME prize win! Was hoping an SCer would win the Nissan prize. Anna Michelle what fun you'll have putting the vehicle through its paces (you want driving gloves for either Mother's Day or next birthday)! Thanks coupon girl for sharing the news!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 It's grand that your friend had her baby on the expected day-so exciting for you to see a new little one! January work schedule is gaining momentuum.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Popping in with a HI!

Not much going on here, body hasn't been co-operating, but it's nothing serious - and the sty is a little better. Have been doing the teabags, and being careful to not spread anything to the other eye!

Still freezing here, gah!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I know! It's absurd. We live in a condo with shared tanks so we can't even shop around. We are stuck with Superior. Are you on equal billing? We started that a few years back when we were in over our heads with $800 bills in the winter.
    No we arent. I dont get a say to change it as its under bfs name. He says he likes it in the summer when its under a hundred dollars...i personally would rather equal bill and not have to play catch up.

When we find out who the power contract to supply to the town gets moved to ive got him convinced we should swap to equal billing. He doenst want to switch now as the town just announced they may not renew northland utilities (attco).

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Date night tonight. Went to the Legion for drinks (bf went for a smoke ) i bought 20 dollars of nevadas...and we won $101 so we cashed it in and quit.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

No we arent. I dont get a say to change it as its under bfs name. He says he likes it in the summer when its under a hundred dollars...i personally would rather equal bill and not have to play catch up.

When we find out who the power contract to supply to the town gets moved to ive got him convinced we should swap to equal billing. He doenst want to switch now as the town just announced they may not renew northland utilities (attco).
    But if you aren't paying it in full every month you're paying interest on it. With equal billing there is no interest.

I wish we could drop Northlands too. I think there is still like 10yrs on our contract!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    But if you aren't paying it in full every month you're paying interest on it. With equal billing there is no interest.

I wish we could drop Northlands too. I think there is still like 10yrs on our contract!
    Its been in full so far since march last year. We'll see how receptive he is next time i suggest it lol.

Hes starting to decide i know what im doing because i budget a certain amount for certain bills and move surplus for times we are over budget.

His ex wife used to put smalll amounts like 20 dollars on each bill a month until they got cut off warnings so hes a taf leery of $$ issues.
    Last edited by saundyl; Sat, Jan 10th, 2015 at 01:03 AM.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Saundyl I feel your pain. We heat with oil and are on equal billing. Last summer we still ended up with a bill of over $700...almost $3000 total. This year they raised our monthly bill by $50 so with the price of oil decreasing hopefully we won`t owe them anything in July.

BTW Nice win on the nevadas.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Going to get the ribs boiling soon for soup to make later. Always drives me crazy to do this, because the aromas in the house are then just amazing!

Will send husband shopping to hopefully catch some of the Independent and Sobeys deals.
    I really, really miss Extra - they haven't been great since the switch to Ind.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Happy Caturday!

Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information