User Tag List

Page 260 of 654 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A family members desktop computer was acting up. I'm not a computer expert but I offered to help. They decided to buy a laptop computer on sale(they haven't opened it yet) in case the desktop failed (warranty is gone) After several days of trying, phoning their internet provider, I finally figured it out. A cable at the back was too loose, small piece broken, and needed replacing. Plus other tinkering with drivers etc. So it appears to be working now. Everyday while fixing it.. "Is it working? I want to check my emails!" in demanding voice. Ummm.. no not yet. After my fixes, their claiming the power button on the tower is not functioning. They need to push it 8-10 times for it to turn on. Weirdly when I press it once, it turns on fine. I had them try it in front of me and it came on. Strange. I never received a thank you. I find some people are so thankless. I make a point of appreciating someone for they help they give. I will continue to help people but certain people I won't.
    Last edited by toban; Fri, Jan 16th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Seriously. Wal-Marts laughing right now, CEO's with their feet up. I wish Giant tiger would expand locations - at least they're Canadian based and don`t have insane line ups. Waste of my life.
    I seriously dislike my local GT.It's small, dirty, empty shelves and unpleasant staff....
    Ciel, macw1960 and Candini like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Is there such thing as bogus tracking number bc BTR sent me an email notification of shipment...doesn't link to carrier site so I tried the tracking number on Purolator, CP, DHL and Fedex...none worked.

Cineplex haven't give me a reply about an order that was sent out prior to X-mas that I still haven't received. Want to give up online shopping after this. So not worth it.

Note to self never buy low rise PJ pants again...bought some from Old Navy and Mark works wear house and they are so uncomfortable...shrink even more after washing.
    Beyond the Rack sometimes ships from their supplier in the States. The print off the shipping lable but the tracking number doesn't become active until the package is in Canada. It's so annoying because you have no idea where your package is until it crosses the boarder. Once it's in Canada they almost always use Canada Post.
    Ciel, macw1960, lecale and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    Emailing companies is useless. They don't read the email and give dumb responses that don't answer the question asked. What a waste of time. At least when you phone they cannot just say something stupid and hit send.

Oh and BTR ships Canada Post. Though I have gotten some good items from them, they are yet another company with useless email responders. I emailed them about a round item that was listed as 10" W x 1.25" L x 10" H. I emailed them that that must be wrong since the item is round, but got back an email that said exactly what was wrongly posted on the page - word for word like all they did was copy/paste. How annoying.
    Always call BTR, customer service is much better over the phone.
    Ciel, macw1960 and Decaf like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

feeling bummed about target.

whenever i consider going out shopping, i usually will consider target as a potential stop! and today, i was thinking of going out, thought about target, and was bummed. i can't enjoy the trip like i would have before! im not even there, and im just thinking about the employees, and about how i shop at a new renovated location- like, what a waste! all that time and effort to turn a crappy old zellers location into a sparkling target that is gone in a shorter amount of time than it took to construct. meh. mehhhhhhhh.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

ok.. i just need to get it out and to ramble...

i'm sad... my child is sad... she's having friend issues... this morning she wasn't looking forward to going to school (and for my kid this is a rare odd thing she LOVES school-she's 7 and in grade 1) it seems she's having issues with one of her friends at school.. her friend is a type A personality, must be in the lead, in control and can lash out verbally (will yell) when frustrated... and my daughter is the type who will shut down when yelled at (you can literally see her melt when she's yelled at) they play great most of the time.. but then something happens... type A friend no longer wants to play the game, wants to be in the lead, doesn't like how things are going, or she's feeling left out because my daughter is also playing with other friends(and it seems she's doing more of this during school hours-at lunch and recess) and and i think type A is feeling threatened by this and my daughter is a very empathetic child, what i think is a great thing for her... but it can cause long term effect.. where type A girl once it's out 2 min later she's fine... well this still bugs my daughter later in the day and we have talks about this... you just want to cry when your 7yr old says "mommy i can't sleep because i keep thinking of all the negative things that happened today" i don't want to separate the two girls because when they are 1 on 1 they play great when they are all playing as a group they play great.... at the park after school they play great 90% of the time... they've known each other for years...but.. it just kills me that my daughter is feeling this way about what should be a positive thing (friends, school)

i have a feeling type A girl is feeling threatened... my daughter has been playing more with her best friend during school hours, my daughter is very close to her best friend (often says, she's like my sister) and best friend has a similar personality (calm, easy going, go with the flow, very positive) and she is protective of my daughter (of someone pushes my daughter over best friend is the first to run and give her a hug) so this issue is coming up to a larger degree (more so since school went back in.. ) because my daughter would rather spend more time with her best friend (who she only sees during school hours) then be yelled at because sometimes you just want to have positive play and not be yelled at
    Last edited by Midnightly; Fri, Jan 16th, 2015 at 03:03 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960 and toronto166 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

▲ I have no advice but boy that just broke my heart. I hope your daughter feels better soon.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    ▲ I have no advice but boy that just broke my heart. I hope your daughter feels better soon.

it breaks my heart too.. i'm not so much looking for advice as just needing to get it out.. my little girl is feeling sad and hurt by her friends.. i want to protect my child but i know i can't protect her from everything i just have to give her the tools to process the feelings.. and help her find the right words to say something without hurting other friends feelings.. i know i have a sensitive child.. and i don't have an issue with that she spends most of her life happy.. but if she's feeling constantly beat down she's going to curl up into a shell and i just don't want that.. i want her to be a confident young girl who is considerate of others but not afraid to express her feelings
    Ciel, macw1960, Candini and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Midnightly -that other girl must have seen someone at home act like that. I'd want to ring her home and inquire if that is how they act in front of her. But seconds later, I recalled something from assertiveness training decades later (I was a shy young kid who did not know what heart on her sleeve meant but suffered for it). Next time the girl with type goes off, your daughter is to tell her: when you act like that towards me, it frightens me and ruins my day. (I'm hoping that saying that once or twice will clue the other child that she's doing something WRONG).
    But I still think the teacher should be told so this does not go on without end. As a schoolkid, not knowing when a "bad" schoolkid was going to stop teasing/bothering me/hit me up for change did not help with my anxiety. So offer that assertive line to daughter (she's not to say more to the other child after saying it, to see if the other kid responds) just to see if she's relieved of having a solution to try. Let her know you'll get in touch with the school if this continues after the one day she tries the solution.
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It took a lot longer than 10 minutes to lose some negative thoughts on my walk today in the sunshiney cold afternoon for the LCBO magazine. (Grateful for the sun this week-it's getting me outside each day.)

Positive rant-loving the lack of snow in January!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Getting super annoyed and can see the frustration from other OPs on here mentioning the same topic.

DD's birthday is end of this month, I sent out invitations promptly on the first of this month. Out of 4 kids, nobody RSVP'd so far.
    2 weeks today is the party. Last night I messaged two Mom's on Facebook asking if they got my mail. One of them read the message at 8.30 this morning and still did not reply.
    I KNOW these women have their phones permanently attached to their hands, it takes a second to glimpse your calendar and say yes or no.

I`ve already purchased everything for my daughters party and she wont stop talking about how excited she is. Not to mention I`ve gone out and purchased toys and books to replace crappy gift bags.

If nobody shows up my daughters going to be heart broken.

So two people have confirmed after I called them. One told me they would get back to me after I called them. Two kids still not confirmed.
    Annoyed to the extreme, is it just me, or is this super rude? It's not like these people are maxed out with time.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Midnightly -that other girl must have seen someone at home act like that. I'd want to ring her home and inquire if that is how they act in front of her. But seconds later, I recalled something from assertiveness training decades later (I was a shy young kid who did not know what heart on her sleeve meant but suffered for it). Next time the girl with type goes off, your daughter is to tell her: when you act like that towards me, it frightens me and ruins my day. (I'm hoping that saying that once or twice will clue the other child that she's doing something WRONG).
    But I still think the teacher should be told so this does not go on without end. As a schoolkid, not knowing when a "bad" schoolkid was going to stop teasing/bothering me/hit me up for change did not help with my anxiety. So offer that assertive line to daughter (she's not to say more to the other child after saying it, to see if the other kid responds) just to see if she's relieved of having a solution to try. Let her know you'll get in touch with the school if this continues after the one day she tries the solution.
    girl A and best friend are now getting along BUT they are leaving my daughter out (girl A's mom talked to us at the park on Tuesday because girl A was feeling upset about being left out.. sorta what started all this and i'll admit my daughter and best friend were leaving girl A out because she was just mean towards them) knowing best friend's mom she probably had a long talk with her daughter about being nice and not leaving out girl A...

but talking to girl A's mom today.. and after having time to think about it i suggested that maybe the issue has come up because best friend is trying to be protective of my daughter so she straight jumps on asking if i'm accusing her child of being a bully... and i'm not doing that.. but she cannot deny that her child has done things that have directly hurt my daughter's feelings and made her cry i hate using the "bully" word (it's a powerful word in childrens circles) and 90% of the time everything is great... but her child being overly assertive is hurtful to my daughter and her best friend is being protective over that (or atleast that's how i feel about it)

my daughter is sensitive she knows she's sensitive and i've taught her to use her words and the "i feel like..." and have told her if your friend is being mean say "i do not want to play with you if your going to be mean"
    Last edited by Midnightly; Fri, Jan 16th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960, Decaf and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The other kid must take after her mother...

You've done your due diligence as you conversed with the other parent.
    I better understand where you are now.
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I don't know what I can do about this situation bc the new flyer delivery person only deliver newspaper and flyer once per week (on very late Friday night)...even though they're supposed to deliver them on (Wed), Thurs, and Friday. So now basically is I can't do PM until Saturday morning and sometimes items were sold out by then. WTH!
    Ciel, macw1960, Kwala and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm guessing its lazy parents? They forget it is a child's birthday and the child will suffer if they get their hopes up. Sorry for their annoyance
    So two people have confirmed after I called them. One told me they would get back to me after I called them. Two kids still not confirmed.
    Annoyed to the extreme, is it just me, or is this super rude? It's not like these people are maxed out with time.
    Ciel, macw1960 and toronto166 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Thread Information