User Tag List

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain you are a baby magnet, great job with finding another set of twins to work with @Frugalbigmama I'm a jealous as I cannot switch to the Elite Pc mastercard.....wish we could but I don't make the necessary wage earning and definitely we don't make the combined salary @thriftygranny I'm glad you got some me time at the lake even if it was a for a cup of coffee and changing the bedding. I also love fall so pretty and cooler temps that this crazy hot summer we had in Ontario.

Well supper for the adults is moose chili and the kiddos will be having hot Italian sausages as dh it's tired of them.

I have 3 packs of ground moose thawing for tomorrow's double batch of chili for dh to take with him hunting. We are slowly making head way on the ground beef considering the amount we had. I just hope if the guys get a moose this year it's not an old boy (yes the rack is nice) but the meat is so much more gamey.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    WOW. Amazon had a deal on the Step 2 Art/craft desk for under $60 with FREE DELIVERY! Just bought one for my niece for her birthday next summer Checked my PC PTS. I just upgraded to the new World Elite MasterCard so should see my pts add up even faster. I have $296 on my MC and $44 on my 2nd PC plus pts card. I am trying hard not to redeem so I can save them for a shopping spree in the future. My freezers are full so really only going to be buying fresh stuff the next few weeks hopefully. (unless they reduce the roasts that they have in double packs at RCSS because no one is buying them then I will be buying tons
    @Frugalbigmama
    I just looked the card details up and there is an annual fee of ( .....gulp! ) $120.00 to use that World Elite MC. Did they waive the annual fee for you automatically or did you have to ask?

This is the part in the week where I try to sit on my hands, or play " hide the car keys ", anything to just NOT go out to any stores. When I shop for the week on the very first day ( which for me is the Friday ) by Monday I can develop the " need " to go get something. I know we don't need a thing, so fingers interlocked and crossed!
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Sep 14th, 2015 at 01:37 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It said no annual fee on the message I received. I will have to go look again to make sure! thanks for the heads up!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This weekend I picked up the book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing" - I have heard so many great things. But I am little bit scared to start reading it. I might throw everything I own away!

Anyone else read it?
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Check this out. This says no annual fee. http://www.pcfinancial.ca/whyjoin/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
    This weekend I picked up the book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing" - I have heard so many great things. But I am little bit scared to start reading it. I might throw everything I own away!

Anyone else read it?
    No I haven't but let us know how it is . I am decluttering the house. To me less is more.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

No I haven't but let us know how it is . I am decluttering the house. To me less is more.
    I feel like I am always decluttering, always throwing stuff away or donating but somehow I still have a house full! Having a baby has made that even worse! My husband is always on my case about throwing stuff away. I am hoping read this book encourages me that less is more. My closet is bursting.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Having kids brings stuff in the house lol. Once you are past the baby stage it gets easier. As my youngest grows I am better at getting rid of his too small stuff since I don't need to hang on to it for another child.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just went through my closet the other day and got rid of a shopping bag of clothes. They were in great condition but I just didn't wear them so why keep them. I still have a hard time getting rid of stuff but somedays it gets easier. I am also in savings mode and not buying anything but necessities so this helps too.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Having kids brings stuff in the house lol. Once you are past the baby stage it gets easier. As my youngest grows I am better at getting rid of his too small stuff since I don't need to hang on to it for another child.
    This is where I am struggling, he is 17 months and our first so I am hanging on to everything; just in case.
    my blog - imonglue.com

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just went through my closet the other day and got rid of a shopping bag of clothes. They were in great condition but I just didn't wear them so why keep them. I still have a hard time getting rid of stuff but somedays it gets easier. I am also in savings mode and not buying anything but necessities so this helps too.
    I have to be in the right mood to throw stuff away. Part of me feels like I already spent the money on it - I might as well keep it otherwise I might have to spend money in the future to buy it again. :/
    my blog - imonglue.com

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There has been some kind of bug going through our house over the weekend, our 3yr old and the twins got it. Our son seems to be feeling better today. I managed to spend an hour in the back yard with big brother. Brought baby girl out in the carrier for half of the time. Picked about a gallon of ripe tomatoes, not sure what I am going to do with them. Managed to do a bit of weeding too. Big brother dug in the garden, told me 3 times that he needed to go pee (tried in the yard before he eventually had a big accident in his pants), and then colour the wood borders of the garden with coloured chalk.

At the end of last week we started seriously potty training big brother again. He is in underwear at home and pull-up when we go out. He gets a night diaper to sleep in. He still asks for a diaper during the day, sometimes with tears, but we continue to insist that he only gets a diaper to sleep. We bought him two new packages of boxers at WM yesterday.

Dh and a bunch of our friends are going to Saskatoon this weekend to attend Saskatoon's Entertainment Expo (somewhat like comic-con). I'll be home alone with the 3 children for 3 days. I know they'll have fun, but I'm not looking forward to this. I have arranged for that older lady to come and give me a hand some just so that I'm not absolutely alone. I might also make a point of visiting our neighbour with all the children so that we get out and big brother can play.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
    I have to be in the right mood to throw stuff away. Part of me feels like I already spent the money on it - I might as well keep it otherwise I might have to spend money in the future to buy it again. :/
    I share your sentiment. Dh likes to purge, it takes me more effort to do so. I really want both of us to go through our closet. Dh is running for MLA in our area, so he now has more dress clothes, etc. hanging in the closet, but he still has old stuff hanging in there that he doesn't wear. I need to rotate out my maternity shirts from the closet. I need to give my other maternity clothes one last wash before I box them up. I want to try and sell them next spring, when the twins are bigger. I don't plan on needing them again. I also have some items that I don't wear anymore, but don't know what to do with them. There are some clothing items that I have passed on to my younger brother (that dh wanted to just throw out) and some other stuff to my mom or younger sister. There are three different places in town that will accept clothing donations. I find it difficult to successfully sell adult clothing.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Check this out. This says no annual fee. http://www.pcfinancial.ca/whyjoin/
    thanks! The link I used was just one I searched typing in " World Elite MC " I used your link instead and confirmed on the phone with them that there is in fact NO FEE.....so hooray to earning more PC points.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , I remember when my Aunt was trying to potty train her youngest, she used to go and put herself in a diaper. You dress her without a diaper and the moment you stopped watching her or went around a corner she was in her room putting her own diaper on. So my aunt hid the diapers so she hid the underwear, even with bribing her months later we still has not found the underwear.

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information