User Tag List

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2595Likes

Thread: January 2016 frugal chat thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Not as cold today but still winter lol. But the days are staying lighter longer so I know Spring is right around the corner . DS spotted the Pilsbury cookies I put in the freezer (paid .47 after clearance and coupon) and he said "I love these" so he made them last night. I sorted them in snack bags for his lunch. His brother must love them too because all but one bag was gone when I woke up this morning. So thinking I should go to Superstore on my lunch and use the last of my coupons to stock the freezer. The good thing is that I don't like them so I won't eat them
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

took the car this morning -off to donate to value village and got my card stamped
    -also took back the 2.79 puzzle that was missing half the border -found a coke puzzle never opened for 1.99 and another for 1.99

-then popped into giant tiger for a few deals and home so hubby could have the car at 12.00
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Great deal on the coke puzzle coupongirl!! I bought a 1500 piece coke puzzle for my son in law for Christmas and paid 20.00 for it!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasperandchar - You made me check my SDM coupon offers and I had Spend $60 get 16,000 pts. So had to pick up a few things for work. I found the glow in the dark stars (kids put on ceiling) for $3.99 Reg $19.99 and a minion bubble bath ball for DS stocking Reg $3.99 on for .79. I have started stockings. woo hoo! (and received 17,110 SDM points)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama -I did not know Shoppers had glow in the dark stars! The ones I purchased from Mastermind-the large ones hold a glow that dims over several hours. The medium and small ones-my brother moved the ones I had stuck on the hallway walls to the edge of the back stairs. As long as someone has a light on for a few minutes, the stars glow enough to be visible when the light is off and one has to ascend stairs. I did not use the putty pack but put on double-sided craft squares from Staples (Elmer brand in school supply aisle). I have two large ones, a medium one and two small ones glowing on my bedroom walls for a nighttime light display after I'm done reading for the night.

Yesterday found out that the bulk foods section does not have flour in a bin. Monarch Cake & Pastry flour bag was $6.49 at Fortino's-popped back across road for the same bag on sale for $3.99 at Food Basics. Mom was upset thinking I bought more all-purpose but I had to explain we did not have this flour in the house. And as I was making a coffee cake, discovered we were low or out of three more baking things (which I obtained this morning at Walmart).
    The second coffee cake made last night-forgot about the melted butter until after I had combined wet and dry ingredients (and forgot all about the sugar). Result-looked I had tea biscuit type "cake" sitting on the apple and mixed berries like a crumble. Well, that "cake" is my snack this week. Made a new cake this morning and decided frozen raspberries were better with the apple and I got a decent cake out of the oven! Smells so good!

Almost all 2L pop brands are 99 cents at Food Basics-Dr. Pepper and Schweppes included! Last day for the price, in case anyone needs pop for a party or upcoming Super Bowl.!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Frugalbigmama -I did not know Shoppers had glow in the dark stars! The ones I purchased from Mastermind-the large ones hold a glow that dims over several hours. The medium and small ones-my brother moved the ones I had stuck on the hallway walls to the edge of the back stairs. As long as someone has a light on for a few minutes, the stars glow enough to be visible when the light is off and one has to ascend stairs. I did not use the putty pack but put on double-sided craft squares from Staples (Elmer brand in school supply aisle). I have two large ones, a medium one and two small ones glowing on my bedroom walls for a nighttime light display after I'm done reading for the night.

Yesterday found out that the bulk foods section does not have flour in a bin. Monarch Cake & Pastry flour bag was $6.49 at Fortino's-popped back across road for the same bag on sale for $3.99 at Food Basics. Mom was upset thinking I bought more all-purpose but I had to explain we did not have this flour in the house. And as I was making a coffee cake, discovered we were low or out of three more baking things (which I obtained this morning at Walmart).
    The second coffee cake made last night-forgot about the melted butter until after I had combined wet and dry ingredients (and forgot all about the sugar). Result-looked I had tea biscuit type "cake" sitting on the apple and mixed berries like a crumble. Well, that "cake" is my snack this week. Made a new cake this morning and decided frozen raspberries were better with the apple and I got a decent cake out of the oven! Smells so good!

Almost all 2L pop brands are 99 cents at Food Basics-Dr. Pepper and Schweppes included! Last day for the price, in case anyone needs pop for a party or upcoming Super Bowl.!
    Probably just brought in for Christmas like the other toys/games they have/had. Discovery brand

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My folks spent the afternoon so I served the homemade soup I made yesterday with sandwiches for lunch so very frugal.

Dh keeps raving about the pasta sauce and noodles I made on Sunday so I have 2 more containers of sauce thawing as I will make another batch for his work lunches, etc. The 1/2 and 1/2 is on sale at freshco for $1.99 for litre so it all works out to a lovely pasta sauce and super cheap.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just got done sewing buttons on over 50 towels. Now I have to fold them and put price tags on. Will deliver them tomorrow after my eye appointment. A friend told me there were some afghans gone from AnnaMae`s so I guess I don`t get to take a break after all...no rest for the wicked.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hey all, still not able to sit at the computer ( sciatica pain in leg ) but today as I was on my way to pick DD up from work I thought I'd grab the new Giant Tiger flyer. I go in and the first thing I see was my son's " weakness" of Five Alive cartons of juice on for .88 each!1 a limit of 4 so I'll be heading back there tomorrow......
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

walks, sorry to hear you are still having trouble - are you getting massaged? That's what works best for me when my sciatica is bad.

Good morning, everyone!

We had a lovely celebration for Christmas Eve yesterday - it was really nice.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@YOU AND ME

Hoping your day is wonderful; wishing you a great year ahead!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Finally getting my winter tires and rims put on today! (In my defence I bought a new vehicle so had to research the best deal/tire etc. so it wasn't me being lazy pulling them out of the garage lol) Drinking my coffee at work, brought snacks and leftovers for lunch so I am looking good for another no spend day! My fun money is sitting in my wallet and I'm thinking I will treat myself to a pedicure next week
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have put a reminder in my phone to save the PC Plus offers. I keep forgetting & then the next week I have an offer that would have worked out well. For now I am saving any unused produce offers. DH has strawberries on his app so that will be used next week to PM the 2.50 at Food basics.
    I have a great 400 pts for English muffins. But I already have 5 packages so I am letting that one go.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@YOU AND ME wishing you a wonderful birthday
    @walkonby hope your pain subsides soon
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Was up til 1:00 this morning getting things ready to deliver today.
    Got good news this morning. My eye is stable so I`m being put back on maintenance. I`ll be getting an injection every 8 weeks and hopefully with time that can be extended. @walkonby Hope your sciatica improves soon. I know it can be very painful. Knock on wood...mine hasn`t bothered me for quite a long time. @YOU AND ME Happy birthday! @Natalka Merry Christmas!

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information