User Tag List

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Which do YOU prefer?
    I'm going with mainly diet....I have no urge to crush walnuts with my thighs.

That diet+exercise is just ewwwww. I dont like seeing girls in a man's masculsr body. Eewww!

On another note, i found this useful article about yoga.
    http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/y...=popularstream

I dont know how effective yoga is for losing weight but i am doing 3 poses out of all these shown ih this article and i found that it basicalky stretches and tones the muscles. I am doing mountain pose these days. Its very good for leg muscles. Plus full body stretching.
    i also do standing forward bend pose although i cant reach my toes for now. But that much flexibility will come with practice i guess.
    i have also started seated forward bend. I like all three of these, plus i will slowly add other poses
    depending on how flexible i can be and how much time i have for myself.

And i will also like to be a diet spoiler on this forum. Lol. Everyone, Try to skip my posts from now on (only in this thread).

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    Up and out as always had to commute to one of our other locations which surprisingly was not bad due to as many have said winter is back.

I am not working out right now and would not even consider starting until I get my health in check, right now I would probably cause more issues then help. With that being said when I get to the point I can work out I find it is important for myself to find something I can do inside at home so there are no excuses like the weather or not making it to the gym that night. I am very realistic and know a gym would never work for me, I am one of these people that after work I like to get home, get dinner started and I do not go back out once I get home. I have learned the best work outs for me are in my home so I can get dinner in the oven get my work out in and carry on with my night. But right now I think that is still a ways off.
    I joined a gym with a friend last summer... we did GREAT for a couple months, then the excuses started. "It's too far", "It's too hot", "It's too cold", "I'm too tired", etc. I actually enjoyed working out but the gym just isn't for me. Too expensive and it IS too far to drive after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning, everyone!!!!!

Yep that freeze, ice-storm, white crap, blowing white crap, and howling winds hit us yesterday, too. Looks like winter has finally decided to show up, dang it. I truly hate it. I had wanted to go to Fabricville (aka Fabricland) and pick up some knit fabrics to sew a few nice t-shirts with no sequins, foil prints of lions, or 'sayings' on them, which are impossible to find out there in plus sizes but.....gulp....it's cold out there! I hear Hubby snow-blowing out the driveway, since he asked me if I still want to go, so....we're going!! The sales are great anyway, and even though I likely don't need any more fabric.....I mean...how much IS too much, really???

Okay, troops!!!!
    Week 2 for most of us! Got menus at the ready? Determination in place?
    Then we're all set to get through our second skirmish of, what I think will be, for most of us, a prolonged, but successful engagement!!

Keep up the great work, don't negate all the good stuff you did last week, and have a wonderful day!!!!
    Ugh, it's FREEZING here today! Snow blowing all over the roads, black ice... it was horrible this morning.

Meal plan is coming along, we're cleaning up leftovers tonight- still have some taco chili left and the chicken parm leftover from last night. I'm either going to have some chili on a baked sweet potato or chicken parm with a green salad. Tomorrow night is an Asian Stir Fry with shrimp, snow peas, peppers, mushrooms, and any other veggie I feel like throwing in!

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    That diet+exercise is just ewwwww. I dont like seeing girls in a man's masculsr body. Eewww!

On another note, i found this useful article about yoga.
    http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/y...=popularstream

I dont know how effective yoga is for losing weight but i am doing 3 poses out of all these shown ih this article and i found that it basicalky stretches and tones the muscles. I am doing mountain pose these days. Its very good for leg muscles. Plus full body stretching.
    i also do standing forward bend pose although i cant reach my toes for now. But that much flexibility will come with practice i guess.
    i have also started seated forward bend. I like all three of these, plus i will slowly add other poses
    depending on how flexible i can be and how much time i have for myself.

And i will also like to be a diet spoiler on this forum. Lol. Everyone, Try to skip my posts from now on (only in this thread).
    I've done some yoga in the past, I like it! It's very relaxing
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I know it's posted elsewhere on the forum but DAVID BOWIE I can't say I was a die hard fan but I always enjoyed his music and the movie Labyrinth was part of my childhood... I think "The Goblin King" was one of my first crushes.

Sorry, off topic, I know!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Okay despite the fact that it is -16 with windchill my hubby and I managed a 1.5km walk today. I am soooo happy to be home and in the warmth now. lol But we didn't let it deter us!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Okay despite the fact that it is -16 with windchill my hubby and I managed a 1.5km walk today. I am soooo happy to be home and in the warmth now. lol But we didn't let it deter us!

Good for YOU, Tara!!! THAT is awesome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I still don't claim that I am on a diet or anything of that sort, but I am happy to say that I have already eaten 4 different types of fruit so far today (blackberries, kiwi, medium banana, and 2 small apples). I'm trying to make some healthier choices. It is pretty cold and windy here right now, so we aren't going out today. I might take our 3yr old son swimming on Friday. Our local Lion's club sponsors a free swim from 4-6pm on Fridays from October to March.

I haven't mentioned on here yet, but I have a water bottle habit that I picked up in about Grade 8. I always carry a re-usable water bottle with me. I drink and refill it several times a day. All I drink throughout the day is milk and water, rarely do I have anything else. I'm not a coffee drinker.

Exclusively breastfeeding my twins, whom haven't started solids yet, burns 800-1,000 calories per day.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jan 11th, 2016 at 05:11 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning everyone

thats great walking in the cold @TaraF . I guess I don't have an excuse just because it's raining here today (polar opposite from yesterday)

I started the day with my usual smoothie that consists of skim milk, Greek yougurt, a banana, and some frozen blueberries and raspberries and chia seeds to help make me feel full for the morning until lunch. I'm going to get my butt in gear and go for a walk despite the rain and then the rest of the day is going to be doing major cleaning and laundry for more exercise

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Good morning everyone

thats great walking in the cold @TaraF. I guess I don't have an excuse just because it's raining here today (polar opposite from yesterday)

I started the day with my usual smoothie that consists of skim milk, Greek yougurt, a banana, and some frozen blueberries and raspberries and chia seeds to help make me feel full for the morning until lunch. I'm going to get my butt in gear and go for a walk despite the rain and then the rest of the day is going to be doing major cleaning and laundry for more exercise
    That's my morning smoothie, Harbie, except that I use almond milk instead (I just don't care for milk); this morning I tossed in a banana, about 1/4 c frozen mixed berries, a tbsp of cocoa, 1 c almond milk, a splash of water, and a sweet 'n low: chocolate fruit milkshake!! This is dieting?!!
    Unlike SOME people I know (you listenin' Walks?) I do find they fill me up until lunchtime, amof I often tend to forget my morning snack.

Dinner tonight was simple: ham and scrambled eggs, Hubby made himself an omelet..some nights are just like that. So no....I didn't plan this day much at all...I had to (had to!) run to Fabricland and pick up some new fabric and patterns, donchaknow.

Have a lovely evening everyone!!

Here are some snacks you may want to add to your repertoire: *with the new Smart Points, you'll have to break down the ingredients and do the figuring yourselves if you're on WW, or the calories if you're not.

"apple pie"

chocolate popcorn
    ( melt 1/2c chocolate chips, dark or white, mix into 4 cups popped popcorn (about 1/4c unpopped)

apple wedges with fruit dip
    (2oz nonfat yogurt, 1 tsp peanut or any nut butter)

banana pop
    (freeze ahead: 1/2 bananas, covered in fat free yogurt which you can sweeten of course, then rolled in your favourite crushed cereal...do the math..)

cuke slices
    : spread 10 cucumber slices with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese

"nachos"
    (10 "Scoops", filled with some salsa, topped with a sprinkle of low fat cheese, nuke) (one of my favourites!) (you could also use little rice snack crackers)

"nachos 2"
    (dip Scoops into salsa, then in fat free sour cream) (another fav of mine)

fruit brulee (sliced fruit into small bowl..like canned peaches, top with some Splenda brown sugar, crushed nuts if you want, or mix with rolled oats...broil)

not chips: (4 wonton wrappers: mix cinnamon with Splenda brown sugar, set aside: llightly spray baking sheet, place wrappers on it, bake @425 2 minutes, flip, bake 1 minute, sprinkle with mixture, bake 1 more minute)

There! That should hold you for a while! Hope you find something you enjoy!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jan 11th, 2016 at 07:02 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Oh Lynn those snacks sound yummy, especially the chocolate popcorn . Tomorrow I'm going to add a dash of coco powder and surprise hubby :D

So I dragged my butt out for a walk and ended up just shy of 3 km (2.836 to be exact). Of course the rain has now slowed to a light drizzle AFTER coming home Oh well, at least I went out. Now I'm having a big mug of my peppermint tea to warm me up and help me not want to eat snacks.

Not 100% sure about dinner tonight. I'm thinking of some kind of butternut squash soup and using chicken stock and something other than cream to thicken and cream it. Any suggestions???

My my tea is calling me.......

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You could add some rice and puree it
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Oh Lynn those snacks sound yummy, especially the chocolate popcorn . Tomorrow I'm going to add a dash of coco powder and surprise hubby :D

So I dragged my butt out for a walk and ended up just shy of 3 km (2.836 to be exact). Of course the rain has now slowed to a light drizzle AFTER coming home Oh well, at least I went out. Now I'm having a big mug of my peppermint tea to warm me up and help me not want to eat snacks.

Not 100% sure about dinner tonight. I'm thinking of some kind of butternut squash soup and using chicken stock and something other than cream to thicken and cream it. Any suggestions???

My my tea is calling me.......
    Ooooo, I SO look forward to my peppermint tea in the evenings! It's 'green peppermint tea' and I know I kept and froze some peppermint from our garden this summer, I should look for it.

Yes, absolutely, for low cal, use fat free cream cheese melted in, or fat free Greek yogurt...a few dashes of Frank's hot sauce...! Here's how I serve it and it's so nice as a starter for company dinners: place a canned 1/2 pear (packed in juice or water if dieting), bum up in the bowl, then ladle the soup around it, not covering it of course, so that it shows. It's a lovely presentation and oh my, SO good with the soup! There. Something else to surprise your hubby with!

About that popcorn: 3T of chocolate chips = 3 smart points, so make sure you have a few to spare, or 'borrow' them from your weekly allowance.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jan 11th, 2016 at 07:04 PM.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Well in the interest of full disclosure, here goes: the 7 lbs that I lost last week from Monday-Friday gave me a little too much confidence going into the weekend lol. Friday night was a popcorn and Coke at the movies, Saturday was my sister's birthday party so plenty of alcohol and snacks consumed plus some late night pizza, Sunday was East Side Mario's for her birthday dinner with our parents and needless to say, I gained back 3 lbs over the weekend lol. Still down 4 lbs since last Monday and here's hoping that this week goes more smoothly. Back on track today so far, had my shake this morning for breakfast, subway for lunch and another shake for dinner. Two healthy snacks and plenty of water, I'm feeling good! Hoping to lose 5 more lbs by Friday.

I do two weigh-ins per week, Friday's to post on here and Monday's to match my girlfriends at work and compare. This weekend I don't have any celebrations so it should be easier to stay on track. Hope everyone had a great Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    um, hi @amira84 ??? in what way will you spoil our diet thread? Oh you mean by posting pictures of yummy chocolate treats? ha ha

Like me I am sure many others who have joined in here need ENCOURAGEMENT and praise only as we venture forward with our weight loss battles, so just keep our fragile feelings in mind when you post o.k?

Today was a weirdo day all around for me. I just had a small serving of my large flake cooked oatmeal with fresh sliced strawberries to start the day and that held me until around noonish. Then i found a great use for the large can of pure pumpkin I never used at Xmas. I made a soup! No fats at all in it. All fresh veg added ( onions, celery, cabbage, carrots, beets, peppers, basil ) and extra shakes of black pepper. Pureed up a large serving for lunch, oh my goodness, so smooth and tasty!
    Pretty good today about knocking back water too. Dinner was around 6:00, 1 large plate with a mixture of small portions of many leftovers. Worth 19 points!
    I forced down a garden salad around 9:30 to use up the remaining daily points ( extra dressing and croutons! Mmmm)

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    um, hi @amira84 ??? in what way will you spoil our diet thread? Oh you mean by posting pictures of yummy chocolate treats? ha ha

Like me I am sure many others who have joined in here need ENCOURAGEMENT and praise only as we venture forward with our weight loss battles, so just keep our fragile feelings in mind when you post o.k?

Today was a weirdo day all around for me. I just had a small serving of my large flake cooked oatmeal with fresh sliced strawberries to start the day and that held me until around noonish. Then i found a great use for the large can of pure pumpkin I never used at Xmas. I made a soup! No fats at all in it. All fresh veg added ( onions, celery, cabbage, carrots, beets, peppers, basil ) and extra shakes of black pepper. Pureed up a large serving for lunch, oh my goodness, so smooth and tasty!
    Pretty good today about knocking back water too. Dinner was around 6:00, 1 large plate with a mixture of small portions of many leftovers. Worth 19 points!
    I forced down a garden salad around 9:30 to use up the remaining daily points ( extra dressing and croutons! Mmmm)

Hey, Walks!!! Nice to see you again!

Your pureed pumpkin soup sounds wonderful!! Good for you!
    It's so easy to stay on track with WW, isn't it? I've lost another pound, so it's working, that's for sure!
    And the added sweetness of fruit to our morning cereal is a bonus....oh, we're going to be SO svelte!!

Kyles_Mama, no worries, Sweetie! We all have set-backs, then regrets, then we beat ourselves up for falling off the wagon, but you're getting back on to join us and that's a very good thing!
    I've been on tons of diets over the many years, and one thing I've learned is that fad diets where I've lost 10 pounds in 5 days means that one day of cheating puts it ALL back on!
    Losing slowly, steadily is the way to go, so that when we have a weak day or moment, we don't lose ALL the good work we've done.

You'll be fine. Get back on and start the process again....you've already made progress by not gaining it all back again, so keep moving forward!! You can and WILL do this!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol. Dont worry walkonby. I wont hurt your or anyone else's feelings. I was just teasing you guys. Lol. When i come to this thread and read everyone's weight/health problems, i think of my mom. She is over weight and i would love to see her move a little bit more than she does for now but then there's this age and all those joints problems and evrything else you guys can imagine. So i know its very hard for elder/mature (i dont know the appropriate word to talk about my mom's age group) people to lose weight and stay healthy.

I think i wont even be coming to SC this week because i am getting behind in studies. Eek. My teachers are messaging me and reminding me everyday that they are keeping an eye on my online studies activities and i need to be on track. (Scary!)
    Talk to you guys soon.

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information