User Tag List

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2595Likes

Thread: January 2016 frugal chat thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@walkonby hope you are getting some pain free moments days, sciatica is awful I had it really bad when pregnant for ds1 I had to go off work 3 months before my due date
    @sweet sparrow so happy you made the decision to purchase the necklace
    @lilo0003 hope your dh is getting somewhat of an appetite back and feeling a little better

My folks came today which was pleasant, we had a good chat and giggled which was nice.

I made 2 packs of chicken drumsticks (shake n' bake) served with scalloped potatoes, fresh bread and bean salad. There were tons of leftovers which was my plan for supper and lunches for dh for the next few days.

I have been discharged by my nurse (home care) as my incision from my sweat gland removal (October 29th) has finally closed completely. She said 2 more months without soaking in the bath which sucks as I am a bath soaker but grateful that it's finally healed.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh so tired -ashlyn is in a big girl bed -her crib converts to a day bed that's close to the floor -but she is 2 years 3 months and doesn't care to nap anymore -I tried today laying up there with her for awhile to no advail -my daughter gave up naps at around age 2 also -but by 5.00 p.m she is asking for a nap too late then she goes down at 7.30

-ahhh wednesday dentist -teeth cleaning
    -anit sorry about your friends dad

-my go to meal kraft dinner for hubby and boiled egg for me on an English muffin -we had that tonight -too darn tired to cook when we got in at 6.45 p.m

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Inquiring Minds Want to Know????

What is your go to meal in a pinch? ie forgot to take something out the night before...or just feeling lazy.
    Pre-LO, it would have been wonton noodle soup. Toss homemade wontons and noodles in chicken broth, chop up vegetables and toss in, bring to boil, done!

Nowadays, it's pasta (cut up peppers, wash and steam vegetables) with jarred sauce, or shrimp, pan-fried with garlic, with buckwheat noodles and steamed vegetables. LO loves the garlic shrimp and doesn't care for pasta, so it's usually the shrimp dish we have.

@walkonby : Glad to see you back and I'm sorry to hear you're in such pain.
    @lilo0003 : I'm going to add my well wishes to the hat for your DH. I hope he's getting better from here on in.
    @Andit : I'm really sorry to hear about your BFF's dad. Take some time for yourself to celebrate your transplant anniversary!
    @jasperandchar : That's wonderful to hear that your incision is healed!

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -ahhh so tired -ashlyn is in a big girl bed -her crib converts to a day bed that's close to the floor -but she is 2 years 3 months and doesn't care to nap anymore -I tried today laying up there with her for awhile to no advail -my daughter gave up naps at around age 2 also -but by 5.00 p.m she is asking for a nap too late then she goes down at 7.30
    I can completely sympathize. LO doesn't want to nap anymore either. There are episodes where it takes more than an hour for her to fall asleep. We tried not napping, and it was a nightmare around dinnertime for a few days. We try napping or quiet time every day now because we're all afraid of the consequences!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Wed, Jan 20th, 2016 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Spacing!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hoping it's a good day for everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

still cool here -11 but not as cold as out west-I remember my mom telling me (-I was born in Brandon ,Manitoba)she put me out in -35 below in my buggy on the back porch all bundled up for fresh air -lol
    -yesterday I took ashlyn out after struggling cause she hates winter boots ,coat the whole shebang for only about 10 minutes as she started crying outside and it was -18 -well at least I got her out for a bit of fresh air

-off to dye my hair this morning in about an hour(I do it-very frugal ) ,then head off to dentist -usually relax after watching ashlyn 2 days in a row -but this was the only time this week I can get the hygienist of my choice and I always want this one girl as she is excellent

-well at least with this cold we don't have to shovel snow we don't have much

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

morning coupon girl, Natalka, sweet sparrow!! Yes, these temps are a challenge! Just not feeling like taking the dogs for a walk, I'll keep letting them out back till they figure out we ain't goin! I know it is unfair to them, but maybe once the sun has been out later I'll give in. This dang numbness is so persistent in my right foot. I am on the mend but the progress is s-l-o-w! Have a great day everyone!

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Even without kids oh how I remember the napping nightmares. I used to babysit my cousins and the oldest of the girls was the worst, she would not nap during the afternoon but always fell asleep somewhere between 4 & 6 and would nap till 7 or 8 pm missing dinner and then up until the early hours of the morning.

Well looks like I will be on the road next week *fingers crossed* for the branch. Hopefully they will have a new person start by the end of the week so I will go next week to work on training with him. They have been short staffed since November and it is effecting them since they are a small branch of only 3 staff members so to be down one, they feel it. I on the other hand have my finger cross for nice weather to travel in.

Next week is going to be super busy, will be out of town Monday to Wednesday, then Thursday morning I need to head back as I have a meeting at 1 pm here, then Friday one of the Order Desk girls is off so I will be covering her. As well I am already booked for almost the whole month of February, right now I have one week free which I know will change very soon and then March is also a write off as we have a stack of projects that all need to be done by the end of the month so there will no travel except within the 3 commutable branches. This will probably lead to April being insane when I can go back on the road.

I have decided this weekend I am going to attempt to make my own yogurt. My pressure cooker I got last year has a yogurt setting which is part of the reason I bought it. Lately we are finding it harder and harder to find the yogurt we like at a good price, whenever it is on sale we have an issue finding vanilla which is the only kind we buy. So I am going to try to make my own, the process is going to take about 12 or so hours but the pressure cooker does most of the work. So I think this will be my Saturday project.

Well time to get back to spreadsheets which have taken over my desk and by desk I mean the boardroom table behind my desk which I took over yesterday and claimed as mine.

Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Got laundry on the go last night but will have to continue tonight. Oh well. It never ends.
    The tacos were a hit last night. I put a good size container of the taco meat in the freezer to pull out for dinner in 2 weeks. Another good size is in the fridge so thinking I will serve that to the kids tonight since they love it and I will just have a simple egg and English muffin. Then I can get on some house cleaning. I will pull out a pork roast for the slow cooker tomorrow and peel potatoes tonight so I can just turn it on quick tomorrow. Will serve up the leftover rice, sliced cucumbers etc with it too as well as canned corn (to get rid of it). There dinner planned for tonight and tomorrow
    It is snowing heavy here now and calling for squalls later today and snow all night. Glad I don't have to go far. Pick up DS at the afterschool program on my way home and we are in for the night.
    Natalka, Ciel and bobbiegirl2010 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -yesterday I took ashlyn out after struggling cause she hates winter boots ,coat the whole shebang for only about 10 minutes as she started crying outside and it was -18 -well at least I got her out for a bit of fresh air

-well at least with this cold we don't have to shovel snow we don't have much
    I remember how trying it was to get LO out in her first winter (standing). I stuffed her in snowpants, a coat, hat, mittens, extra sweater, .... Took forever! Then I took her on the back porch to make some footprints in the snow. She stood and cried for about 10 minutes. She couldn't move after all the bundling. I took a photo of her crying to tell her future self that we tried and brought her back inside.

From 15 - 19 months, she cried whenever I tried to put on those snowpants, mittens, hat, etc. to walk her home from daycare to the bus stop. It wasn't a little cry either. She made all the daycare workers come running! Thank goodness she keeps her hat and mittens on now and puts on her snowpants without a fuss. The first winter was certainly difficult!

Winters are difficult now for a completely different reason. Last year, she weighed a lot less so it was less effort to haul the stroller over the snowbanks. LO with a packed stroller might be over 40 pounds which is not easy to carry or lift over anything, and especially through snow!

The snowplow that does the sidewalk at the nearest bus stop does a horrible job of just plowing the walkway and leaving the pile of snow at the curb, but still on the sidewalk. This means I have to get LO off the sidewalk, onto the road (a six car road with two turning lanes, and speed limit of 70 km/hr) and back onto the crosswalk on the other side of the snowbank to press the walk signal. By the time we make it off the bus, it's around 5:45 PM and a safety concern. I wonder if it's plowed by the city, or the gas station nearby. I need to call someone about this!

LO's front stroller wheel has fallen off each time we try to get over the snowbank at the end of the curb. I'm trying to hold out on ordering one because the cost of the shipping is more than the cost of the wheel, which is the most expensive one they have. It just pops back on but it must be missing some small peg. It's been like that since last winter, but has never really been a problem until now.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    morning coupon girl, Natalka, sweet sparrow!! Yes, these temps are a challenge! Just not feeling like taking the dogs for a walk, I'll keep letting them out back till they figure out we ain't goin! I know it is unfair to them, but maybe once the sun has been out later I'll give in. This dang numbness is so persistent in my right foot. I am on the mend but the progress is s-l-o-w! Have a great day everyone!
    29 more daycare days until March! I hope that's when the temperatures come back up and there's no snow on the ground anyways.
    @walkonby : Great news that you're getting better, albeit slowly. I know when it's cold out and you have things to do, it must feel like a jail sentence. Maybe you can attach some skis to your feet and let the dogs take you for a walk!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

walkonby-glad your on the mend
    -well went to dentist this morning -no cavities but cost 271.00 cause hubby forgot to pay in end of nov when he had a filling -I didn't budget for that so put it on visa and will pay next month

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hola from Argentina! Enjoying getting out to see the sights and it is plenty warm here.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Well i have been missing in action since the beginning of January fell and broke my wrist in 3 places so haven't been able to do much and Dr says the cast can probably come of the 24th of February.I will come back later to read all the post i've missed.Later
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@YOU AND ME

Oh, my, that's just awful!
    HUGS to you!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lizzie have a wonderful time

You and Me Hugs, hope you heal quickly

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain - have fun and soak up some sun for me
    @YOU AND ME oh dear that's horrible, here's to a speedy recovery
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information