User Tag List

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I don't think of us are ready to admit it as we are all in the September thread, but it's October. Welcome.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Andit, 22hicks, barbis9 and 7 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

lol. yes it is . OMG. this year is flying by. I cannot believe its already October.
    hmmmm will have to think on some goals for the month.

today.. laundry hung, meals at home( even though I reallllllllly wanted pizza)
    still working on my decluttering.
    Andit, Natalka, 22hicks and 8 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    lol. yes it is . OMG. this year is flying by. I cannot believe its already October.
    hmmmm will have to think on some goals for the month.

today.. laundry hung, meals at home( even though I reallllllllly wanted pizza)
    still working on my decluttering.
    Yes, it is hard to believe it is October already. I purchased my kids' Halloween costumes for a grand total of $10. I'll need to buy some candy and we will be set for Halloween.

Twin baby girl hasn't been very happy since yesterday. We think it might be her teeth, poor little girl.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Oct 1st, 2016 at 09:30 PM.
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

it ( Autumn ) arrived just in time for me ( the cooler temps I mean ) . Not putting much hope in staying very frugal from now till the New yr. All the b'days here are in that time frame, and then there is Xmas. I'll be staying the course with PM-ing at least and using a few precious coupons , that should help.
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 8 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow October -I agree with walkonby I will be price matching ,using checkout51,caddle and coupons plus I started xmas shopping earlier for the grandkids clothing (even have a few easter items for them in clothing)plus a new lovely grandson to add to xmas shopping -my daughter will not want as much she told me they are in a small condo (she never had a baby shower either but I tell you they have quite a bit of clothing for him from friends and family already )-but hey there's always cash to help out right
    -love the cooler temps also now if only I can get better
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh and I cleaned out the front closet after the kids went to bed last night, it's almost done. I think I need some type of clear drawer thing to keep all of our mitts, toques, scarves, etc. in. This morning I dug bins out of the shed, took out what I needed and updated the labels. I also dropped off the next size of clothes and footwear to my neighbour. I was very happy when I realized that I have two pairs of those leather winter baby boots. I also have a few other pairs of baby winter boots for the twins. I took the small clothes out of our son's room and put it in the appropriate bin. Dh will stick the bins back out in the shed for me after lunch. I folded and put away a load of laundry. Second load of laundry is in the wash. I still need to finish going through the grocery flyers. Still getting stuff done.
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 5 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am going to an on call doctor today as I am half way thru my meds and I still have same raspy awfull croupy cough and since they never seen me last week just prescribed over the phone -I am glad I am going
    -3 loads of laundry almost done today

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better and they have some answers for you Coupon Girl
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Was glad to put my recent $10 Air Miles redemption for a couple of items at Sobeys-the items went into a raffle gift bag that Mom donated to a fundraiser.
    Will put almost all of my HST credit along with some grocery funds I still have on Wed. towards casual winter boots at my favourite shoe store (clearance location)-I've not had boots in over 10 years and these ones are actually larger than my size. Since I cannot find cross-trainers, the boots are the next best thing (rugged soles-hope I don't wear them down during winter).

Made a double batch of banana chocolate chip cookies on Friday and let's say that breakfast has been an easy decision these past two days along with some reduced price hot cross buns and a few spoons of hemp seeds.

Saw the bright white new location of Fabricland (South Hamilton Square) after I finished with the Comic Con (Catherine Bach & Denise Crosby were gems of panellists!). Sewsociety members had 50% off store items yesterday only.

Had seen a pair of navy pants at Talize that is a size I don't usually wear. Will wait to see if women's pants go on sale again soon to try them on (if they are still there).

I spent part of this afternoon checking out Uniqlo Canada's Facebook page plus watching Cityline's Fashion Friday segment (the start of the show began with some Uniqlo looks for women & men). The people waiting for the store's opening got treated well-music, water, treats, tote bags with $75 purchase promotions.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Happy October all,

I made a batch of blueberry and a batch blueberry/raspberry muffins for this weeks lunches, 1 dozen for the guys to take hunting next week and 1 dozen for the freezer.

I've been price matching, using coupons like crazy and wowzers I had $500 left a the end of the month, what a difference all these changes make. I've only been buying things on sale and if not doing without. Using up what we have on hand, etc.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & month.
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Frugal and not frugal day. I used100.00 in PC points and was able to use up my buy 2 get 1.00 off for catelli smart source so I paid. 47 cents a box for pasta. I bought 12 boxes. I had 200 points on beef so took advantage of the prime rib sale at Fortinos then the not frugal. Came home to discover the door to the freezer was left opened. So the menu plan changed, I lost a pack of turkey burgers and a box of sausage. But dinner is now meat loaf not prime rib and a package of chicken and one of sausage is getting cooked now for the dinners this week. It could have been worse as the freezer is presently full.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lillo I think my heart would have stopped when I saw that but good news only a couple things were lost
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

good thing lilo regarding the freezer ,it wasn't a lot,well went to the on-call and he said if the pills haven helped yet stop them -and he put me on 2 puffers -have to pick one up on Monday -so lts see
    -tonight supper was harveys with a coupon 11.20 to tired with all this sickness to cook tonight
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I weeded out front lawn this afternoon while Dh took care of our napping kids. Most of the weeds are on the West side of our house. It doesn't get a lot of sun because of our neighbour's large house. I pulled four 5 gallon buckets of weeds and I can feel it some now. Dh should be done mowing the lawn soon.

I will be roasting a picnic ham on Tuesday, I'm waiting for it to thaw. It's my last ham, so I'll buy more with the next good sale.

They are forecasting -1 to -3 from Wednesday to Saturday this week. So I'll need to harvest my vulnerable vegetables. I'll sell or trade most of my green tomatoes again this year. I'll be grating zucchini by hand. I'll freeze a bunch in labeled lunch baggies and then put them in gallon buckets into the freezer for later use. I think the carrots and potatoes can handle this frost before I need to dig them up too.

edit: They are now warning possible 10-15cm of of rain/snow this week. I might be better off digging my carrots and potatoes too.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 3rd, 2016 at 07:48 AM. Reason: fixing auto correct
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 5 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I keep misplacing my coupons. I sort them and can never find my book when i go to shop

Raining today so our potatoes ended up havinh to wait to be dug....the tops finally died so they will be cured.

Also holding off on planting my tulip bulbs.

Frustrating dr apt on Wedenday has resulted in needing travel to yk for general anathsetic to have my iud removed as its not where its supposed to be and causing cramping. Now to play the waiting gameon when it happens. Ive been asking since feb to see the gyno.

Bf resubmitted yhe insurance cliam...we ended up with another 20 dollars covered on his but not the other 348.
    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Oct 2nd, 2016 at 08:10 PM.
    Andit, 22hicks, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information