User Tag List

Page 239 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 739 1239 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1. I hope you have a great day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sounds like you're having a great time @Lynn49 . It's just started raining here, so I hope it stays nice there.

What a scary thing to witness @walkonby !!!! I'm so glad that you, and no one else was involved.
    Really not a nice way to start the day.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OMGosh, @walkonby , I missed your post somehow! Thank Heavens that you or anyone else wasn't involved in that spin-out! When we're on tge 401 or 400 it amazes me that tgere arn't more of thise, esp how some cars play that zooming lane-changing game putting themselves and everyone else in danger. There never seems to be a copcar when they're on the road.
    Thank God you're safe!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!

Packing up for camp today, so of course it's cloudy.

@Newfiescreech, I did a little research and watched a video of those caplin.....really interesting how they come onto the beach to spawn....but do they then die or do they return to the sea? Do people still collect them like we do our little smelts here when we dip nets into some rivers and haul buckets of them up to clean and fry? Oh those fun days into late nights when we lived on the island...big smelt parties! @avoncallingu, I loved those crispy critters!!

@flemeth, I hope that cream works for you, but like Avon said, if you don't feel it's doing a darn thing, head into emerg or your doctor for a more intense antibiotic therapy. All the best, Hon.

Okay, must run....have a lovely day, everyone!!!
    Hi Lynn ... ohhh we still keep tradition alive here .. we normally get buckets of Caplin and salt them ..then dry them on flakes outside .. love them on BBQ or baked on cookie sheet in oven ..best way is in woods wintertime..over fire so yummy.. they normally roll in on beach and they roll out again .. we use net to dip them up .. some will die on beach .. usually when waves of ocean will normally wash them back to ocean again .. we fish for smelts here winter time .. have wonderful weekend camping and Take good care yourself sweetie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Is this a normal occurance? I know when I was a little kid that at a certain time of year, people could just wade out into Lake Erie with a bucket and scoop up smelt. Hardly " fishing" - but very productive. My family (probably my mum) didn't like smelt.

Do people eat the Caplin or do the wash up already dead? (Couldn't think of a more " delicate" way to say it.)

Woke up early this morning - a friend is coming over later to take away some of the empty boxes for her nice and also help me. I need to rearrange a few things and also clean out cupboards before putting things away.

I bought tickets to 2 plays at Stratford as a gift for my one friend and that is coming up on Saturday. Romeo and Juliette and also The Pirates of Pensance. Looking forward to the break.

How are your feet this morning, flemeth?

Waiting for the morning smile from dededi.

Hope everyone has a great summer day! We are due for some thunderstorms today.

Take care!
    Hi avoncallingu.. yes we do eat Caplin.. normally they come in last June or early July..Caplin do come in alive ..they get washed in by currents.. once people know their on beaches ., look out .. become packed with people trying fill their buckets with Caplin.. they use dip net to get Caplin .. bring Caplin home and wash them . Then put salt in buckets and then Caplin .. wait couple hours in soaked.. spread them on flakes let sun dry them ..once this is done freeze them and enjoy them when you want some .. I like them on BBQ but really enjoy them winter time ..having wonderful feed in woods .. with a Fire going and roast Caplin over fire .. so good.. and yummy.. love them .. Take good care yourself sweetie and try take it easy relax some 😘😘

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks for the info, Newfiescreech. It was making my mouth water- and I have never had call in.

Today was like LIVING a Shakespearean play -suspense drama, mystery, good guys and more good guys. Conflict, apprehension, satisfaction, tears and laughter, time spent with friends, music, it was all there! Fill you in later!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, glad you had such a great day!

Hoping my weekend will get better with our son coming over later! (not that it's not great with just my husband, but Milan adds just that little extra....)

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning Kids....

How's everybody doing? How is everyone's summer going? Great I hope.... Yesterday was my anniversary of severely breaking my leg. Finally got a new computer, had a massive flood back in April with all the rain, and spring thaw. Lost the computer in the flood. Walking now, played golf twice with a brace on my leg. Have had a few tests since I was here last, Bone density is good, Blood flow is good, nerve conductivity, Not good, all the sensual nerves are gone in my foot permanently. Don't have a lot of feeling in my foot. That is the BIGGEST problem right now. Leg gets very sore if on it all day, and I've been on it lots over the last 3 months now, and have a pile of work to do before the fall. So I'm back, but unfortunately will not be able to be back every day, but will do my best.... Great to see everyone again... You have all been missed...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ HELLO @Redneck Charger !! So nice to know the only reason you have been MIA is because you are so busy keeping as active as you can! Good for you. Good news on some of your health test results is great!! My sympathies wrt the numb foot. Wishing you all the very best, hope you can get everything done that needs doing before the Fall.

Great Cow joke btw!! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello!! Back from camp and a drive through, had it been snow, would have been a white-out! Cars were pulling off to the side of the road until it broke a little, but we pushed through. Slowly, but we got home. Just phoned the kids and they're all safely home too. It's about a 1 1/2hr drive, and with the rain it wasn't much fun.

@Redneck Charger...yay!!! SO nice to hear from you....we were wondering where you were, and it's nice to know that you're okay, doing fine and dropping in! As for the numbness, yup, same with me...no feeling all along the outside of my leg and under my foot which means that if I walk bare-foot anywhere, it's like walking on gravel. A very uncomfy feeling...is that where your numbness is, too? And do you still have shooting neuralgic pain? Aren't they a lovely surprise now and then...haha. No. But we both survived and I'm so happy to hear that your circulation has improved...that's the big one!! Hope to see you here again soon!

@avoncallingu.....lol...at least you and your friend GOT to that play in spite of the drama!! Too funny...NOW...but not then, right? Must have aged you a few years, though.

@walkonby, omgoodness!! I saw the newscast about the shooting in Scarborough last night!! 200 people at a b-day party, the birthday gal is in hospital in serious condition, 2 guys dead...and no one is cooperating with the police! Sure hope it's way far away from you, my Friend!!! Seems the police were "familiar" with the gal previously....sheesh!!!

@Newfiescreech, so jealous that you can still enjoy those caplin and smelts...we don't go out of our way to dip for them since it's so far, but oh......they good ol' days and those smelt parties!!
    Screech, I just rec'd a quilt panel for a winter quilt I want to make for our Grandson, and had to order it from Clothesline Quilts in Hawke's Bay NL!! I may do more business with them in the future!

@Natalka, seems like you had a yucky week? I hope Milan can cheer you up today!

Well, time to unpack a few things and settle in.

Stay well, everyone, stay safe!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jul 23rd, 2017 at 03:38 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks!

Welcome back, Redneck Charger!

It's been a "Help other people achieve their goals." day

Not exactly as I had planned but got many things done.

Laundered many big things. Starting to re-organize my bedroom and bathroom. I had 6 drawers full of things in my old bathroom. I have NO drawers in this bathroom and a funnily laid out medicine cabinet. I was under, the mistaken impression that there was a walk-in closet-I must have been remembering another one of the multiple master bedrooms I had seen in my hunt -and no linen closet. I do have under my bed drawers that can hold linen.

My brotherB and his wife are off to Lost Wages 😉 to celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary at the end of July, which, it seems, has snuck up on us. Their kids are running back and forth to camp at the other end of the province this week and sil's mother is having hip replacement surgery this Thursday -also at the other end of the province.

I need to find time to see the banker, investment guy and dr. This week. The ganglion on my middle finger knuckle has continued to grow and I need it -drained-removed-zapped-whatever!

My brother has been "dog-sitting" while I have run out a couple of times. I have a line-up of people who would like to see me re-home Sadie since she nipped -OK actually bit a friend the 3rd day we were here. Her barking has caused an issue with a neighbour. I will only consider this if it continues as we get more organized.

Well, must get on with other things. Have a great evening!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have a line-up of people who would like to see me re-home Sadie since she nipped -OK actually bit a friend the 3rd day we were here. Her barking has caused an issue with a neighbour.

@avoncallingu, you may have guessed it by now, but I'm not one of them. Sadie is your comfort and she's worth fighting for...there are things you can do to prevent both the barking and any subsequent nipping. She's anxious in her new home...please try other things before you have to give that darling little pooch up. Just sayin'. Again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    Good Morning Kids....

How's everybody doing? How is everyone's summer going? Great I hope.... Yesterday was my anniversary of severely breaking my leg. Finally got a new computer, had a massive flood back in April with all the rain, and spring thaw. Lost the computer in the flood. Walking now, played golf twice with a brace on my leg. Have had a few tests since I was here last, Bone density is good, Blood flow is good, nerve conductivity, Not good, all the sensual nerves are gone in my foot permanently. Don't have a lot of feeling in my foot. That is the BIGGEST problem right now. Leg gets very sore if on it all day, and I've been on it lots over the last 3 months now, and have a pile of work to do before the fall. So I'm back, but unfortunately will not be able to be back every day, but will do my best.... Great to see everyone again... You have all been missed...

Ohhhh my goodness gracious Redneck.. it's darn good see ya back on sc again.. don't you go missing in action like that anymore.. making me wonder if you were feeling ok or not .. like my dear dad would say I take u across my lap and spank ya arse you does that anymore .. so now your heard that huh lol .. just joking ... great have you here again.. Take good care yourself sweetie and hope pray everything keeps getting better every day 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Thanks for the info, Newfiescreech. It was making my mouth water- and I have never had call in.

Today was like LIVING a Shakespearean play -suspense drama, mystery, good guys and more good guys. Conflict, apprehension, satisfaction, tears and laughter, time spent with friends, music, it was all there! Fill you in later!
    Ohhh avoncallingu.. sure wish I could give you some .. you live to far away for me delivery some to you .. I would share forsure with you .. ohhh sounds like some good things happen and some not so good .hope tomorrow it will be happier day for you my dear friend.. Take good care yourself sweetie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1718.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  148.1 KB

Thread Information