User Tag List

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am loving Maui-just went across the road to the beach to see a huge sea turtle hanging out on the rocks and a smaller one swimming around in the water. Plan to go whale watching one day too. Found a grocery store I liked but things are fairly pricey. I saved up for this trip and I am enjoying the sun, greenery, flowers and the ocean. Groceries are kind of pricey but certainly cheaper than eating out all the time. Booked a condo on air bnb and my car rental through Costco so found the best prices I could.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Jan 12th, 2018 at 05:20 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We’ve used up a variety of food items this week. Large empty jar from pickles - I washed it and want to use it for growing my bean sprouts and alfalfa sprouts. Cheese Whiz - my neighbour gave me a brand new jar last week because someone had given her too many. The end of a bag of corn chips before they went stale. Another jar of unsweetened apple sauce - cheaper than apple sauce cups. We enjoy it with a bit of cinnamon mixed in. Finished a block of marble cheese and opened a new one. I had two blocks of unopened marble cheese in the fridge. Good thing I checked them out because one had a broken seel, so I made sure to open it next. I called the company and they are sending me coupons for the trouble. I made 8x8 and 9x13 pans of lasagna a couple days ago. I used all of the frozen cheese curds and a bag of frozen grated mozzarella cheese. We are it for supper the last two nights and froze more for future meals.

Tonights’ supper plan is pork steaks, unsweetened apple sauce, noodles, and cooked veggies. I think I’ll bake a pan of apple crisp, using free diced apples that are in our freezer.
    I think we might have perogies tomorrow to use the end of the small container of sour cream. I also have 1/4 head of cabbage in the fridge that needs to be used up.
    Home made corn chowder too, which I posted about before. It’ll use up the end of my celery and red garden potatoes.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jan 12th, 2018 at 06:58 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

snagged the free razor offer.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just snagged a $19.95 sunset whale watching cruise for tomorrow-great price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I am loving Maui-just went across the road to the beach to see a huge sea turtle hanging out on the rocks and a smaller one swimming around in the water. Plan to go whale watching one day too. Found a grocery store I liked but things are fairly pricey. I saved up for this trip and I am enjoying the sun, greenery, flowers and the ocean. Groceries are kind of pricey but certainly cheaper than eating out all the time. Booked a condo on air bnb and my car rental through Costco so found the best prices I could.
    Enjoy! Well, duh, of course you will!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@lizzie bargain Maui is amazing @Giseledta those Kate spade blankets sell as fast as they get them in and then I see peopl trying to sell them on FB for double what they paid. As soon as they are spotted at Costco a mom posts to out local groups, but I work in the city so will never snag one.
    This has been a good week of cleaning out the pantry and freezer. Lots of things used up and all meals at home. DH is on board and just asks that we menu plan so he knows what to prepare. I received my finish Mir yesterday. I have a list of things I am not buying this year until I run out and dishwasher tabs is number one. I will use a Mir to get more free but I currently have enough to last me until spring of 2019. All free and then Miele just sent us 60 tabs more as we complained about the cleaning quality of our brand new dishwasher.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

the blanket is nice. worth 20.00 for a queen... not sure if I would pay more. they are popular around here as well on the buy and sell sites.. insane prices they want.. just silly personally.
    I am glad we have a nice soft blanketfor her... but...
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just got an email from Westjet giving me $150 in WJ dollars. Maybe hanging out on the tarmac in Calgary for an extra 2 hrs 10 minutes yesterday while they unthawed the plane was not so bad after all-people rarely( read never!) pay me $75 per hr to sit on my duff doing nothing!! I will use that towads my daughters flight home next Xmas.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    the blanket is nice. worth 20.00 for a queen... not sure if I would pay more. they are popular around here as well on the buy and sell sites.. insane prices they want.. just silly personally.
    I am glad we have a nice soft blanketfor her... but...
    My sister wanted one of the Kate
    Spade BLANKETS for Christmas

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Just got an email from Westjet giving me $150 in WJ dollars. Maybe hanging out on the tarmac in Calgary for an extra 2 hrs 10 minutes yesterday while they unthawed the plane was not so bad after all-people rarely( read never!) pay me $75 per hr to sit on my duff doing nothing!! I will use that towads my daughters flight home next Xmas.
    That is great!! sad that you had to wait around.. but love that you can use that for your daughter.!!
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    My sister wanted one of the Kate
    Spade BLANKETS for Christmas

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    You may have to camp out at Costco.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i got mine first thing in the am . and they were selling fast. there were staff there making sure you did not get alot of them . They didnt say anything if you picked up one or 2.. but.. I saw someone just start taking like 5 of them... one of the staff went and had a chat... I grabbed my 1 ... and left........ quickly.
    I will say they are very warm.

ok sat. Part of my Christmas decorations are coming down. i wll head to mand M ( have a 50 gc) and get some stuff. then to foodland ( local store) and get the rest of my groceries. I need very, very little. ( use some airmiles) then I am home.. and board games and movies. .... I might pop into walmart.. and get new slippers... my dog ate mine again... she is 6 months ( I have 2, one who is 6 yrs and one 6 months... ) so I will forgive her.. but man.. she needs to stop it..
    oh, and laundry.. cause yea laundry.

I jsut got a refferal under me for gifthulk. it adds up slow. but its more amazon money.. and really takes 5 min per day.

thats it from here. I am hping for nice, nice nice weather this week coming.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

oy, busy but good frugal..
    used a 50.00 gc at m and m meats. - recieved as a gift from a teen my husband drives to school. he drives 2 of our kids as well.... so its no biggie. but sweet of them to give him the gc

used a 25.00 gc I recieved at Christmas from a dc parent. again, very sweet.
    cashed in 50.00 in airmiles.
    got 55 more airmiles... cashed in 10.00 on co 51, and .50 on caddle.

and I did the lays offer for 20.00 in free product.

oy. working the points.

hubby has chips.... I have natchos for a natcho supper night..

I am off to cleaning, and Christmas putting away. sb is running.. and then its movies and relaxing with the family.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday's wet morning was rare chance to wear my spring jacket with a cardigan and my knit hat and slog through two trips in wet boots. But I got a couple of specials, a free extra ticket when I bought my Poker Lotto ticket and found a McCafe sticker. Then seeing freezing rain/icy fall out of the sky around 1:42pm, followed by curls of feathery snow less than 45min later--priceless as I was indoors at the time.

Today is Chicken Veracruz dinner day-just need to get the chicken thighs and fire roasted tomatoes (not big tins and the Aylmer Accents cans are only at Fortinos so I'll need two to get the quantity I'll need). The deal with those special green olives is that they come from Sicily (according to the PC Black Label jar I read). As I have not made crystallized ginger yet, the glazed scones recipes will have to wait until next week.

Have three good PC Plus pts offers-will see if I can find celery on clearance to get the 500pts, the new issue of First for Women for the 200 pts per $1 spent and next week will be time to restock on PC free detergent (1600 pts per $8 spent).

For the Value Village fans-there's an e-mail coupon offer for 50% off women's clothing wus $50 or more on a product from any dept. I'd like to ask if I buy $50 in women's clothing (accessories and shoes are not included), could I get 50% off my total? Offer ends Jan. 20 and coupon has to be shown. It'll print as 2 pages if you open the coupon on the website.

I was fine with snow shovelling around suppertime yesterday but this morning's windchill had me going "meh" at the idea of shovelling anew. Like knowing that @lizzie bargain is soaking in some sunshine from Maui!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Back to the Thyroid Healing book-I have the chapters on Sleep left to read. There are three detoxes listed in the book and they involve drinking some juice at start and or at the end of each day plus not eating certain foods in order to assist the body to detox and to help the liver get better. Author suggests doing each one for 30 days and maybe starting from the lightest version then progressing to the next one or picking whatever detox you think works for you. Still not keen on the idea of celery juice, let alone 16oz worth in a day (that's two measuring cups of liquid).

Author indicates that the current medical obession with assuming genetics explains chronic illnesses will set back real medical progress for years. Not to mention that path makes individuals feel like they are fundamentally to blame for being ill. Not at all. He foresees his book still being advanced in 10 years' time.

He also states that some labs have charts, where depending on what number shows up on lab tests, possible illnesses are listed to be given to a patients as likely reasons for their health situations. Author states that those charts are nonsensical for certain illnesses like lupus-you either have it or not, as it's not a maybe situation. So he's not super enthused about current lab testing results or processes.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Jan 13th, 2018 at 03:18 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information