User Tag List

Page 475 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 375 425 465 473 474 475 476 477 485 525 575 975 1475 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good not so sunny morning, everyone!!

+7 predicted today, though, and the snow continues to melt, so all's well. Yikes...Jenny is at the front window protecting me from all those "shifty" people who walk by (which is anyone who walks by), or she's protecting us from the mailperson who she insists is stealing our mail. Sigh....

Anyhoodles, DH is at the kids' house helping our SIL with 'stuff', like putting all the kitchen supplies back into cupboards again, we were there yesterday when the installers finally left, and omg.....it's just beautiful, elegant.....what a change in our former home!

@avoncallingu, poor critter, I hope you're feeling better this morning and are able to rest today...you're always on the go-go-go, Hon...please take time to be a wee bit kinder to yourself. SO! When is your brother's moving date??!!

@GoJays, what a crock, wrt the Jays getting kick-backs off scaplers' tickets!!! Instead of looking after their fans, they're ripping them off?!! Nice. I'm sure they're all very proud of themselves now that the news has hit the fan. Making millions, yet screwing fans, the very people who support them. Disgusting.
    What I don't understand is why the new laws in Ontario banning scalpers and "bots" from buying tickets isn't working. Aren't the new fees, surcharges on those tickets in place?? Some new law! Hah!

Wow...: One Toronto ticket broker who owns more than 30 seat licences for each of the Leafs and Blue Jays claims his business is “skyrocketing” and did $2.23 million in sales last year (up nearly a million on 2015) on an average profit margin of 15 per cent.“Where we make our money is sheer volume,” the broker, who didn’t want to be named for the story, said. “We deal with thousands of tickets every month.”

Well!! Have a wonderful last day of the work-week, everyone!!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Mar 29th, 2018 at 11:13 AM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Just got back from grocery shopping with my aunt and it was so busy everywhere. Anyway before she picked me up I asked if I could borrow a chef knife to cut a few things before I buy one next month. I would give it back to her Friday. So I do all my shopping at Walmart and when we leave she says here I bought you a knife lol. Yes I appreciate everything she does for me.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Thu, Mar 29th, 2018 at 04:13 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Gee willikers, that's a lot of angry faces

I hate to say it, but I don't blame the scalpers one bit. They're in it for the money, this is a great business for them. And, no, the Jays should in no way, shape or form be profiting from this. They should be doing their best to shut it down. But it has to start with the people. The people have to finally say, no more. No more ridiculous prices to sit in a seat for three hours. And it's not even a guaranteed win! But, ss long as the demand is there, the scalpers will be right there also. We don't buy from StubHub, or any scalper on the street. If we can't get the tickets directly from Ticketmaster or the box office, then we don't go. Psshh, it's not like we have time anyway, what with the kids monopolizing every single weekend with their tournaments. But you know what? I don't miss going. Even if the prices were still manageable, I still wouldn't want to go. The place has been overrun by drunks and idiots. They're everywhere. It's no longer a fun family outing.

Last summer, we went to games in Detroit and Pittsburgh. No drunks and no idiots. It's a fun family atmosphere in both ballparks. Hell, I'd go back to Detroit before Toronto any day. Yes, Detroit. As long as it was a day game. Pittsburgh, you wouldn't have to ask me twice.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Go Yankees!!!! Yeehaw!!

Sent from my iPhone
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Go Yankees!!!! Yeehaw!!

Sent from my iPhone
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, another very frigid one here...

Some food prep to do today - will 'supervise' husband blanching cabbage leaves for holubtsi, and will bake ham this aft - I swear that's the worst part, since today is a strict fasting day. We really don't have to, since I'm not well and my husband is a senior, but we try our best. Husband won't eat til evening, but I have to eat bits so my blood sugar doesn't go low.

Husband will go this aft to the Plashchanytsia service at church - veneration of the Holy Shroud. There are Matins this evening as well.
    Milan will come over this afternoon for a while, so I look forward to seeing him.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone!!

Name:  1466b73a5040ddfb9a385c8e562cbad9.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  35.2 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good cold morning!!!
    So help me if that weather guy is right, and we get snow in the next few days!!! After so many days of nice, melty weather, we get this. Sad story......

The kids are coming for dinner tonight, my breadmaker is working on my hot cross bun dough, and later my crockpot will be making my sticky chicken strips....my work is never done around here, I tell ya!!
    I swear I can feel my tiara slipping down!

Have a lovely day, everyone in spite of the cold.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

almost good afternoon all!
    I realize now i am not the only one that was disgusted ( but not totally surprised ) hearing that the Blue Jays profit greatly off scalpers. DH and I have been to 2 live games at Rogers Centre and both times our tickets were bought legally, as in NOT from Stub Hub. So damn expensive!!
    Mind you seeing the Jays play 4 games in TB was way more fun and we had way better closer seats for cheaper!

I taped the home opener mainly to see the tribute to Roy Hallady, I knew the Yanks would pummel us with HR's.
    The final score was not as bad as I thought it might be.
    So I am thinking Saturday a.m. I will be heading to the darn clinic for an antibiotic ( again ) as this congestion/cough/phlegm thing seems eerily familiar. It wasn't that long ago that I had this same thing. Kind of like bronchitis.
    The sneezing, and other cold like symptoms are still lingering, but I might also ask the clinic Dr wassup with the darn nausea I am getting? What is that all about?

Hope everyone has the best Easter weekend possible.
    @Natalka keep directing your hubby wrt the cooking, everything will taste superb in the end I am sure. @Lynn49 ha ha to your tiara slipping! Enjoy the delicious food and the company!!
    @coupon girl don't forget to have wine on hand! ha ha
    @cabmonk I'll be venturing into WM on Saturday!! Wish me luck fighting the crowds.
    @22hicks thanks so much for your sweet replies. I don't think this is a flu....good grief! Don't let it be that!! ha ha
    @GoJays are your two still game enough to hunt for Easter eggs? I recall the year that ended here, DH and I were the sad ones....ha ha
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Mar 30th, 2018 at 11:35 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good afternoon everyone . Hope everyone day is going according to plan. I on the other hand have a very Terrible headache not sure if I am coming down with something I hope not because I have to go and look at houses that my Younger DD wants to rent next year with friends for university @walkonby hope you are feeling better. Have a great Easter weekend all

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I hope you all have an amazing long w/end.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good Afternoon, folks!

I am wishing you all the best on this Holy Good Friday and every day.

I am virtual-sniffing all the wonderful smells from the baking and cooking going on.

I am getting overwhelmed by paperwork and trying to make sense of the non-sensical but I have a cutie little girly asleep in her stroller beside me and that puts a smile on my face.

I am keeping her safe from random attacks from the disgruntled cat. I must admit- his familiar world is getting packed up and boxed away which is upsetting for him.

I will push on and wish you well - hope family and friends-human , virtual, furry and feathered are surrounding you with love.

Oh, almost forgot -a pair of Canada Geese seem to have decided that our building rooftop is a good place for a nest. They certainly Don't like it when I take Tootie out for a walk. I think I had better let the superintendent know so that someone can disrupt their intentions. Don't want tiny goslings falling from 5 stories up.

BFN!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby At least Walmart wasn't as crazy as food basics. They were just as busy but had every checkout open so all the checkouts went fast. Hope your shopping goes well. Saturday I'm going to my cousins for his yearly easter weekend fish fry.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I wish to all a very good long week end of Easter ,.Enjoy it with familly ,friends and good food!!!!! I purchased today at harvest market -marche public-some smoked maple ham yum!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Thread Information