User Tag List

Page 756 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 256 656 706 746 754 755 756 757 758 766 806 856 1256 1756 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    THAT is not remotely funny, @Newfiescreech!!!! I already want this white madness to end!!!
    Hi Lynn ..i know its not funny ..but hey ..there’s not much we can do about this ❄️ snow ⛄️..cold ..winter ..i do sympathize with you sweetie..cause I HATE WINTER TOO ..if i could have summer for 12 months a year ..i be on top of the ⛅️.clouds ..yeah ..i be sooooo happy 😊 so i could walk beach 🏖 all time ..but hey we have to suck it up i guess or go somewhere where its warm ..that wont be here in Canada 🇨🇦
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

However, I'm happy that "Baby..." is back on radio stations again!! That was one heck of a knee-jerk reaction to a few people who have nothing better to do than kick crap on everything. What next? Santa can't say, "Ho Ho Ho" because it offends working women?? (not my original, but I'm wondering why none of those people picked up on that!)
    Lynn ..i think 🤔 people got to much time on their hands these days..we never stop and listen to the words for in a song ..then try pick what can we say about this song or other songs ..all we did was sing 🎤 along with it ..time for those people get of their arses and get out and help people in need or volunteer some hours to some charity organization..STOP !! Going on with trash ..goodness gracious every song every recorded you could say something about try get it ban from radio station..before we know it there wouldn’t be song left on radio to sing along too ..my thoughts and my opinions

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @flemeth sorry that you are still sick... Maybe a hot toddy?

Gosh, I feel so blessed by my home care team. Just got another call from my Dr, checking in on me once again to ensure I am okay before she is off on holidays. There will be a sub Dr available as she advised me once again, but she said she just wanted to be extra sure I was all right.

I was going to cancel the appt with my health care aide on boxing day because my husband will be home, but she said don't you dare - she is working and said she wants to be here.

Have a good afternoon, all!
    Hi Natalka..that’s awesome how those health care aide is helping you out so much ..so glad your getting the care you sure deserves sweetie..have wonderful night and take care
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I am still under the weather. But have to make a trip to Metro some time to do my last shop for the Shop the Block promotion. No one else in my house knows to do these things. Both my DDs don't want to step foot in a shopping Mall or the Grocery store according to them it will be a mad house. So have to do this on my own.
    Hope everyone have a great Friday
    Sooo sorry to hear flemeth that your not feeling well..sure hope and pray that you will feel lot better soon sweetie..guess i got to agree on this statement..all stores here last week and this week is been like a crazy mad house too ..Noooo i wont be going to malls ..what i dont have i’ll Do without

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh my!! Here I though I might be the only one awake to respond to @GoJays early morning pics. Isn't it kinda fun being awake this early @Lynn49? I always get more done in the wee early hours than throughout the rest of the day. Well.....I mean minus the time I spend sitting here chuckling at pics.

TGIF everybody! Those dishes have soaked long enough, time for me to wash them up.

OR.....maybe I'll hang a sign up instead!!

Hi walkonby..that’s awesome sign ..wondering if anyone would obey it ..i douth at my house ;;dishwasher or sink might and i mean might ..LOL
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning!!

Up early again, wide awake, ready to start the day!! Now...this is likely to change come January, but for now, as my Hubby has come to realize, it's an exciting time of year for me...yes, I'm 6 years old again pre-Christmas!!

@Newfiescreech, you're so fortunate to be part of such a beautiful, caring community. I hope you can catch your breath sometime around January 1st. Yes, everything is done here, but of course I'm still straining on my leash to get out there. My late BFF and I loved going out right into the 24th just to poke around, snag deals on next year's wrapping papers....Oh how I miss Target's after-Christmas sales! No other stores reduced Christmas papers, tags, ribbons by 90%!

Enjoy your day, everyone! It's our DD's last day of work until the new year! Yay!
    Hi Lynn ..so sorry that your BFF is no longer with you do those fun things before Christmas sweetie....wow ..sure was awesome deals on Christmas items at Target ..most we get around here is 50% of Christmas paper, ribbons etc ..plus if you want thoses deals .. you better be up and ready head to mall before they open.. if not ..your not going get anything later that day ..their like ants 🐜 that day ..i always went out to the mall ..but last few years i been working and got away from it..never knows i could be out there again this year lol 😝 ..Yes ..its awesome here and most people is very caring and try’s help out in any way they can ..ohhhh Lynn thats when it gets busy here again ..last December is year end for town ..so i got get property taxes ready to sent out to all residents , then fun will start ..getting towns books done .then financial reports must be all done send to government.then GST/HST must get done send to revenue Canada ..then we have call public meeting .. for residents ..so they can see what we spent our money on that came into community..Then government will send out a auditors to audit my bookkeeping ..make sure everything is done to their liking.its going be very early mornings and lots late nights.so i can stay on schedule..get this done on time .i will survive this like i been doing for years and years.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Honestly, @Lynn49 , @Newfiescreech ,

If a radio station hadn't made a big song and dance about polling their listeners and the snowball effect that followed..

Would you seriously care if "Baby" wasn't played in the Christmas rotation?

Many radio stations have un-official no-play lists, ie songs that don't fit the profile of desired listeners.

Would you have phoned in, texted, e-mailed your local radio station to hear this song?
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Fri, Dec 21st, 2018 at 10:21 PM. Reason: cos I can speel

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I didn't expect our musical preferences would be called into question, but since you bring it up YES I would absolutely have missed it, particularly the version sung Dean Martin. It happens to be one of MY favourite Christmas songs.

Dean Martin and Doris Day........

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:27 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Hi Lynn ..so sorry that your BFF is no longer with you do those fun things before Christmas sweetie....wow ..sure was awesome deals on Christmas items at Target ..most we get around here is 50% of Christmas paper, ribbons etc ..plus if you want thoses deals .. you better be up and ready head to mall before they open.. if not ..your not going get anything later that day ..their like ants  that day ..i always went out to the mall ..but last few years i been working and got away from it..never knows i could be out there again this year lol  ..Yes ..its awesome here and most people is very caring and try’s help out in any way they can ..ohhhh Lynn thats when it gets busy here again ..last December is year end for town ..so i got get property taxes ready to sent out to all residents , then fun will start ..getting towns books done .then financial reports must be all done send to government.then GST/HST must get done send to revenue Canada ..then we have call public meeting .. for residents ..so they can see what we spent our money on that came into community..Then government will send out a auditors to audit my bookkeeping ..make sure everything is done to their liking.its going be very early mornings and lots late nights.so i can stay on schedule..get this done on time .i will survive this like i been doing for years and years.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good evening, folks! Went to my friend's home for a Solstice party and ran into the woman who was asking for a new home for Tootie last year. It was her neighbour's aunt who previously owned Tootie. She was really happy to hear that Tootie was doing so well.

Lots of neat people who I haven't seen since last year at the Solstice.

I am very tired but happy that the sun has stopped it's journey to it's lowest point and now days will start getting longer- even though our winter has just begun.

Going to prepare for bed

A parcel is waiting for me at the post office. I have only received 5 Christmas Cads this year but I haven't sent many out in the past couple of years.

Tomorrow, I am hoping to lounge in bed. But, Don't know if that will happen.

Going to say good night and will check in tomorrow. Good night, my friends!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I didn't expect our musical preferences would be called into question, but since you bring it up YES I would absolutely have missed it, particularly the version sung Dean Martin. It happens to be one of MY favourite Christmas songs.
    Sorry to have questioned you but there's been so many pearl-clutching, fainting couch-needing snowflakes who have been yowling about how the song has been ...gasp...censured(sic)..

However it really isn't a Christmas song.IMO.

it's a winter season song.

For me a Christmas carol has to mention the "Reason for the Season" ie the birth of the Christ child. "Stille Nacht." "Adeste Fideles" " I Saw Three Kings"

Christmas songs are those like "Santa Claus is coming to town", "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus"."I believe in Father Christmas" 'I want a mistress for Christmas"

The you have Winter songs "Aqualung" "Jingle Bells" and "Baby".

And then you have the ...gasp..British number One Songs..."Mr Blobby" Bob the Builder's "Can we fix it?"

Of course all of this is my opinion.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Sorry to have questioned you but there's been so many pearl-clutching, fainting couch-needing snowflakes who have been yowling about how the song has been ...gasp...censured(sic)..

However it really isn't a Christmas song.IMO.

it's a winter season song.

For me a Christmas carol has to mention the "Reason for the Season" ie the birth of the Christ child. "Stille Nacht." "Adeste Fideles" " I Saw Three Kings"

Christmas songs are those like "Santa Claus is coming to town", "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus"."I believe in Father Christmas" 'I want a mistress for Christmas"

The you have Winter songs "Aqualung" "Jingle Bells" and "Baby".

And then you have the ...gasp..British number One Songs..."Mr Blobby" Bob the Builder's "Can we fix it?"

Of course all of this is my opinion.
    The whole thing has been fixed anyways by Seth Meyers....( ha ha I am JOKING! )

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/429033...2/#post6947029
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, folks!

I'm hoping that we can lay to rest our differences about a particular song and grasp the spirit of peace on earth -goodwill to ...All! I feel like we have been living in a growing atmosphere of uncertainty and feeling our beliefs, and way of life has been challenged by those in power. We are, it seems, clutching tight, to things we love and searching for safe ground. Even the ground beneath our feet and the air and universe above us are being threatened and behaving in ways we don't recognize.

Love. Will, hopefully, find a way to connect us all in peace.

Well, I am in need of two Santa hats (I use them like portable stockings.) Also, some critical groceries.
    Didn't I read the calendar???? At some point today, I will venture out and see if I can find them without spending an inordinately long time in lines.

The weather has turned cold but not snowy, as yet.

Have a wonderful longer day than yesterday! It was too cloudy here to see either the moon or the meteor shower. But I know they were there!

BFN!

Thread Information