User Tag List

Page 758 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 258 658 708 748 756 757 758 759 760 768 808 858 1258 1758 ... LastLast
Results 11,356 to 11,370 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    A 2 man group....Hall and Oates and their song Rich Girl.....bwahahaha...Natalka got it!!!

WOW !! .my poor brain is still functioning ok ...when i first seen halls ..i knew it had to be the band Hall and Oates ..thank goodness its not so tired has i feel now ..at least one part my body is working right hahaha

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning, Happy  urday!

Our son came over in the evening after his aft staff party, dropped off the new bed. He will come into the city Sunday to put it in the bedroom.

Hope you all have a great day! Enjoy the hustle and bustle - honestly, you will never know how much you miss it once you are unable to participate!
    So glad to hear Natalka your soon going get a good nights sleep and rest that you need so badly ..hope and pray bed is not that comfortable and you stays in your bed night and day ..just joking with you Natalka..take good care yourself sweetie
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Yes !! Lynn ..when i gets to end all this work thats coming up in January..I’ll be like that emoji..ready drop down for good rest ..could be on my agenda take 2 weeks vacation rest in sun and hot weather ..plus someone serving me drinks 🍹 and meals hahaha ..have lovely evening sweetie and please take good care yourself

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Newfoundland Tradition December 23rd Name:  32BB53CB-5971-413E-957A-7638C9FFCCA8.jpeg
Views: 136
Size:  112.5 KB
    Name:  35EF9964-15E8-4CA7-8859-4DD3C00C26AD.jpeg
Views: 123
Size:  118.2 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Sorry to have questioned you but there's been so many pearl-clutching, fainting couch-needing snowflakes who have been yowling about how the song has been ...gasp...censured(sic)..

However it really isn't a Christmas song.IMO.

it's a winter season song.

For me a Christmas carol has to mention the "Reason for the Season" ie the birth of the Christ child. "Stille Nacht." "Adeste Fideles" " I Saw Three Kings"

Christmas songs are those like "Santa Claus is coming to town", "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus"."I believe in Father Christmas" 'I want a mistress for Christmas"

The you have Winter songs "Aqualung" "Jingle Bells" and "Baby".

And then you have the ...gasp..British number One Songs..."Mr Blobby" Bob the Builder's "Can we fix it?"

Of course all of this is my opinion.
    Yes !! I sure would missed those songs too ..if i didnt hear them on radio during Christmas time ..i look forward to them year after year ..we had Christmas tradition my son and me ..we would start baking cookies on the weekend and we would sing along with thoses songs ...Yeah ..we might be out of tune some LOL ..but we didnt care .. longs we were having fun and making lots of wonderful memories..in Newfoundland we have radio station called jigs and reels and they play all thoses old songs Sunday morning around 9 am and its last all day ..its awesome make anyone get in mood for Christmas

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

wow

Michel Lotito, better known as “Monsieur Mangetout,” which appropriately translates to “Mr. Eats All,” has certainly lived up to his nickname. The Frenchman has eaten everything from bicycles (including the spokes) to an entire Cessna 150 airplane. Between 1959 and 1997, he ate an estimated nine tons of metal. That’s right, nine tons....
    read more:

http://tailgatefan.cbslocal.com/2012...erything-else/
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Honestly, @Lynn49 , @Newfiescreech ,

If a radio station hadn't made a big song and dance about polling their listeners and the snowball effect that followed..

Would you seriously care if "Baby" wasn't played in the Christmas rotation?

Many radio stations have un-official no-play lists, ie songs that don't fit the profile of desired listeners.

Would you have phoned in, texted, e-mailed your local radio station to hear this song?
    Honestly Darth Penguin..yes !! I would really care ..those songs are awesome from years and years ago ..my opinion their sure a lot better ..then some they put out today ..those songs bring back so many wonderful memories .. when i was child living home with my parents ..during Christmas time we would have our family and friends in our home and those songs would be playing through out the house ..it sure was awesome..I will cherish all those wonderful Christmas memories

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, everyone!!

Seems strange to be checking in so late, but it's been a weird day, feeling like I hit a wall in the morning and never recovered from it. No energy to do much today and I'm hoping it's just because I've over-done it the past couple of weeks. January will be quieter as I enter into my winter hybernation.

@Newfiescreech, you all sure know how to party!! A pre-pre Christmas day party!! Seems like a lot of fun, but do people actually get into it and do that? Honestly I could only take so much partying in my old age... My first glass of wine Christmas day will be at dinner, the earlier part of the day, afternoon will be dedicated to non-alcoholic punch...thank you, Walks, for that recipe idea! It doesn't seem to be too sweet which would be too sickly if I had too much of it. iykwim.

@Natalka, I hope your new mattress is in place, that you'll find it comfy, and that you'll have a really good night's sleep tonight.

@walkonby, that Hall & Oats thing flew right over my head. I was thinking....who'd put cough drops in their porridge??!! I couldn't name them even if I heard the song and I can't even think of another song they were famous for. Apparently I wasn't into their music although I enjoyed that song.

Well....off to bed after the game is over and likely before.

Sweet dreams, everyone!!!
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!

My dad, who used to always mix up words to make a joke, always called Hall and Oates, "Sour Notes "
    , but, then, he always used to sing Simon and Garfunkel 's famous song- "Hello DOCTOR, my old friend....I've come to talk with you again...."

@Lynn49 - I hope you are able to perk up and find your energy again!

I had a better evening than afternoon and even watched the last 10 minutes , or so, of the Steelers -Saints game. My brotherB has been a long time Steelers fan. I was surprised to see myself making educated comments about the play. I guess 13 years of watching (or-at least being in the same room with someone who was watching) football made a subliminal impression.

I started packing up the various Santa hats (that I use as stockings ) and found many little things that I have been squirrelling away over the year to add to them.

I even got some time to coach my nephew about his part in our play.

Well, time marches on, although, I am not very tired, as I slept most of the afternoon. Good night, folks! Best wishes for the morrow.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all I am still sick . I been taking medication and sleeping for most of the day. Hope you are all doing better that I am. One more sleep before the big day .Christmas. My DH and DDs will be going to his sister house who is hosting Christmas this year not sure I will leave the house. I did that yesterday because I needed to do my last shop at Metro for the Airmiles Shop the Block Promo. So now I am done.
    Have a great Monday all

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, @flemeth - bummer that you are still sick. Hoping you can shake that off soon!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Christmas Eve!

Wow, so much happened yesterday aft, I will try keep it brief.

Of course, the biggest thing which had to be done was to get me out of the bedroom so the beds could be switched.
    We had thought the best case scenario was for me to stand up off the bed, turn, sit on the walker, then wheel out. Well, that failed miserably - I got to standing, but could barely stand so my son just helped me sit back down on the bed.

After almost an hour recovery from that (and me crying, frustrated because I couldn't do it, and didn't have another option - or so I thought...), my amazing son came up with another plan that actually worked.

He found a wooden chair with cushioned seat that was pretty close to the height of the bed, and put it beside. With husband making sure that chair didn't move, I ever-so-slowly scooted over my butt from the bed on to that chair, inches by inches. It was hard but I did it. Then Milan dragged me in the chair into the kitchen - there's very old hardwood in the bedroom and living room, lino in the kitchen.

So then the men got to work, my husband couldn't do much, it was mostly my son - taking the old bed out to his truck, clearing out junk and cleaning under, then bringing in the new bed.
    (I wasn't idle, once I had done recovery time, I went through papers and junk on the kitchen counter which had piled up.)

Milan put the bed together on the frame, and got a few surprises. First of all, the saleman had assured him it was a regular depth mattress - I was okay with a plush top but did not want the type with that extra part on top. So a regular sheet apparently didn't fit well.

Second problem was the biggest. Once the bed was put together, they realized it was way too high. Milan said his feet dangled when he sat on it! The bedframe we have was my paternal grandfather's, which I always liked because the bed was raised a bit more than regular beds - plus I used the headboard to help get up with if needed.

The only solution was to put the bed on the floor, and so it's probably at regular height for most people, but it will be a lot harder for me to get up from.
    We will have to deal with that at another time.

Anyway, I got even more tuckered out after doing all I had been doing in the kitchen, but had to get back in the bedroom, so Milan took me for the ride back, but it was harder scootching from the chair to the bed. My arms were aching so badly, the big back muscle on the left was so hurting - so I shimmied over inch by inch it seemed... Milan saw how much I was struggling and hurting, told me to trust him, put my arms around his neck - and he actually lifted me the rest of the way to get me on the bed.

So, after another bout of recovery, realized how nice it was to sit at the edge of the new bed, tried lying down on it (nice to not have springs poking out!).

Anyway, we ordered in supper - though we had planned to cook together, I did not have a spare ounce of power left in me.

The bed was not comfortable to sleep in overnight, but I know that is just getting used to it. It's because I lie flat on it, whereas the old one was saggy where my body was. I just have to adjust pillows, etc.
    I thought I was tired enough to have slept regardless, but I was awake most of the night.

So there is the saga of the new bed. Hope you could picture what a big ordeal I had to go through! Things will be better, though!

Milan isn't working today, so he will come over for lunch, then help prep foods for Sviate Vechir - the Holy Supper - tonight. Hopefully my husband will only work the morning - he is the one who has to clean the fish!

Hoping you all have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Holy casserole, that ended up long - sorry!

Thread Information