User Tag List

Page 785 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 285 685 735 775 783 784 785 786 787 795 835 885 1285 1785 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,775 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Here you go, Dan...

...although sometimes I fold both sides into the middle like a book, then fold the two sides together.

I would find both ways acceptable.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 9th, 2019 at 01:33 PM.
    Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

YES!! That is the correct way to fold a towel!
    Lynn49, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oy, on the towel thing. I used to be that way - but then, honestly it got to the point where if someone else were willing to do the work, I just gracefully and gratefully accepted it as done. Way less gritting of teeth this way.
    Not ALL the time, but I am way less controlling than I used to be.

Well, that distracted me from my troubles for a mo...

Still in ER, no room at the inn upstairs. Dr is doing his best, but they are just jammed up. I get great care here, though. And I have a huge advantage, I am in a room alone, not one divvied up by little curtains. For this, I am grateful!

Had a good PT session this morning. Came close to standing, but did not get there. Will try tomorrow with two people.
    @Natalka hope you get a room soon. I am happy that you are pleased with the care you are getting and that you came close to standing Make sure u try and get some rest . Take care my friend
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , I hope the hospital staff is doing everything possible to keep you comfortable. At least you have your own room while you're waiting. Hopefully it won't be much longer in the ER for you.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kool_105 View Post

Cooper hasn't done this...but he has chewed up one of our window sills.
    kool_105 and cabmonk like this.
    DANGER

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Well about the towel folding both my DDS have OCD about the way it should be. I really don't care that much as long as I get help doing it
    Natalka, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    YES!! That is the correct way to fold a towel!
    Natalka, kool_105, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello @Natalka ! Yay! You are getting attention and are at the correct hospital and boo! You are still not in a room. Hope they do keep you segregated from all the other nasty germs in ER! Your journey back to good health has begun already!!! In earnest!!

I finally had to drive over to the pharmacy to get my prescription. What a schmoozel! I have been in bed all day and got 12 hours of sleep so that helps make up for the lack thereof the night before!

@Lynn49 -the first symptom of OCD -denying one has OCD. 😃 -So, I can blame my dh's OCDness on the fact that he had to take female hormones? I think it was more of a "runs in the family " thing. I would personally have to rip that floor up myself and start re-laying it, if that happened (like in the picture.)

Tried to order 50 carnations for my sil's 50th birthday next week. (White with some dyed light turquoise to match her kitchen)-completely flummoxed the florist lady at Zehr's - their flowers come in on Wednesdays and the birthday is next Tuesday and they don't dye them there and....could I just call tomorrow when the manager is in so that she can answer any questions. I was about falling over from exhaustion as I was just waiting for my prescription, so I was happy to do that.

Enjoy your day, people. I'm finally back in bed, having taken my new puffer...and had a bit to eat and cosy. Might have a wee snooze.
    Natalka, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ok ladies...I have read the towel discussion and I am in Natalka's camp right at this stage.
    I simply got outnumbered here with DH who was untrained and spoiled by 5 sisters and his Mom, 2 boys and one dear sweet precious irreplaceable BUT messy DD.

It sure started out differently though.... everything in its place and a place for .....goddammit! who left this lego on the floor!??

Where was I? Oh yes...so towels. All is hopeful when they are clean and fresh from the dryer, but very soon they will be grabbed, manhandled, damp, black hair clinging to every thread ( shudder! ) and they will need to be washed again, so I have let it go.
    The exact way in which they are folded while they are sitting in waiting to be grabbed again is now of little concern to me.

So.....I have spent too much time now searching You Tube for a clip of a female comedian DD and I watched years ago.
    It was back when I was still in my " hopeful " stage of training the gang and yes I tried to make everyone do it MY way....ugh.
    I think my DD was only 8 yrs old at the time and we were belly laughing at this lady non stop.

Cannot even remember her first name now, but she was middle aged, and her shtick was about housework and how for some women recognition or appreciation never came for all of their efforts and hard work performing chores in the house.
    When she acted out and said they should be allowed to make and wear themselves a " TA DA cape ", that was the best part.

Every time they cleaned the oven the cape would go on ! TA DA!! and one funny line that DD and I still laugh about today was about the towels ...she mimicked a woman saying " Nobody folds the towels like I do! " as she strutted across the stage wearing her invisible cape.

If anyone knows her name tell me, I would love to watch that performance again, I thought it was played on PBS but geesh if I can't even remember her name how can I trust these brain cells telling me PBS?
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jan 9th, 2019 at 04:15 PM.
    kool_105, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Avon hoping you are back to your regular self soon.
    Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, Nat!

Walks, maybe it will come to you in a dream.
    Lynn49, cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

afternoon all
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hey just wanted to say hi. Sorry I'm not around much. The main reason is because it's so hard for me to do anything on my tablet or phone. Everything I type takes several minutes when it should take 30 seconds because they both suck lol. Even just clicking the like button usually takes 10 times before it registers that I clicked.

Anyway I had a good lunch with my aunt. I wanted to go for lunch with her and used a $20 gift certificate I had. So we eat and I give her the certificate which she uses to pay part of the bill which was good. Then on the way out she hands me $50 and I was very grateful. She always does too much, yes I know @walkonby lol. Next week she is going with a friend to a warm place, Punta something lol I forget. Then when she gets back is her sister in law's memorial service. I'm probably going to get some of her sister in law's very new furniture which they offered me. After her sister in law passed away her brother was moved into extended care and he actually likes it there.

Hope everyone has a good Evening especially you @Natalka

Natalka, kool_105, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka likes this.

Thread Information