User Tag List

Page 918 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 418 818 868 908 916 917 918 919 920 928 968 1018 1418 1918 ... LastLast
Results 13,756 to 13,770 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I had gone through some of the recipes, some are quite varied.
    I bookmarked that site you shared, so interesting!
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I had gone through some of the recipes, some are quite varied.
    I bookmarked that site you shared, so interesting!
    I know, right? It's chock full of not only Ukrainian recipes but of other nationalities, too!! I always find inspiration there!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello my friends!

Am about to go pick up my brother R to come over for a fish supper. He wanted to go out for fish and chips, but: A- I spent $30 on a totally yucky Dairy Queen supper last night before we went to church and B. Unless you have made reservations or pre-ordered, you are going to have an AWFULLY long wait at a restaurant that serves fish and chips today. Eve n the Chip Truck had a sign up last week asking people to pre-order for today.

I reported a person to the police today for "suspicious" behaviour in a driveway of an abandoned farm which is right across the street from our building. A couple here are always sitting in the common room doing puzzles and gave me some details about the guy in the truck. I had noticed him there before, buy thought he was just waiting to pick someone up who worked here-although in a very strange place. But, apparently, he comes around at least once a day -sometimes twice during the day and at night and just sits in his truck for about half an hour and then drives away. Doors on his truck open and close, but there does not appear to be anyone visible with him. It is a dead-end street and people come and go, but he just sits there. I was taking Tootie out, so I sized up the situation and got his licence plate number. Then I went upstairs, and got my cellphone and called the police but he was driving away. So no "caught in the act" of whatever he has been doing.

Just call me "Detective, Suspicious Avon."

See ya!

@Natalka -I presume the next time we hear from you, it will be from "Home Central!" Yippee-I-O-Cayaya!

@Lynn49 - don't wear yourself out with baking -What am I saying???? I know you're going to be going gangbusters with Eastery treats!

BFN!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Avon, but I will not stay away!

Either my son or husband will be brave enough to pick me up fish and chips at the best place here. They should be available to miss the lineups because I said to go early - here at the convalescent ward supper is at 4:30, so I have gotten used to eating earlier.

I will be weaning myself off that early time, though, once I am back in real life.

It makes the evenings way too long for patients to eat so early.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, @avoncallingu ! You might just have turned in a private detective! Not kidding, that very thing happened on our street...you remember the entrance to our cul-de-sac! Well a guy was seen multiple times parked half way down that straight stretch before making that curve to our street. The couple in the first house called the police, and were told later that he was a private detective watching the home on the street directly opposite our street entrance! What are the odds, eh?

It'll be interesting if the police get back to you.

Moi? Baking? Yah! Dinner is tomorrow so I made my scratch very lemony (read: tart!) lemon pie, and a semblance of my Mom's cheesecake squares (the recipe I found needs tweaking but DH said it was delicious!), all I...err...we have to do tomorrow is the vegetable dish (steamed cauliflower, broccoli, cooked matchstick carrots) in a creamy cheese sauce, topped with French fried onions, the dry crunchy ones you just buy) and a cheese concoction baked for 1hr in a hollowed out round bread loaf, served with crackers).
    Dinner is at the kids' home, they're baking a ham, DD is making her decadent mashed potatoes, and another appy. There will be any combination action of euchre, Mexican Train and Phase 10.

Will you and BrotherR be visiting with your other Brother's family?
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi Smart Canucks friends!

When I was out picking up my BrotherR, the police did come and talked to my fellow sleuths who are always in the common room. They said that they had had "dealings " with this fellow a couple of days ago. They got more details from my friend and then were going to pay the fellow a visit.

I'm going to hang my "shingle" off the balcony. "BEST WATERLOO WOMAN'S DETECTIVE AGENCY."

Today I have to get 7 little Easter gifts prepared for the kidlets who will be at my BrotherB 's this afternoon for an Easter Feast. We will probably be playing Mexican Train, as well. I'm off the hook for cooking/baking. (They know me too well!) I did pick up 18 eggs at Food Basics and have the ingredients for lemon squares (which I have never made). We'll see.

It's supposed to be really rainy and windy so I better get the girly out. Who wants a 30k/h wind blowing up your bum when you're trying to poop for gosh sakes!

Also, I am almost finished making the living room look like one. Right now all the clean laundry I did yesterday needs to be folded.

Tomorrow, really nothing planned except church.

Enjoy your day, folks.

Oh, an update on Hicks' fellow. He has been transferred to another hospital where they will try to re-do his heart valve replacement as the first one is leaking and they also need to replace the pacemaker they put in. This man is going through such huge challenges and Hicks right along with him. Prayers to them in this road to recovery!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!
    @avoncallingu , your sign reminded me of a tv show...something about the "best women's detective agency"...was that what you were referring to? Loved that show. Or was it a book I read? Nope...I think it was a show.
    Have a fun day with your family and ps...I've never had luck with lemon squares. I'll be anxious to hear how yours turned out. My lemon pies, however, are epic! Haha!!
    @walkonby , WHAT a game last night, eh? What a lovely win. Fingers crossed for the next one!

Today's a bit lazy-ish, just broccoli and cauliflower to cut up and steam for the casserole, and the appy dip that I'm really looking forward to trying:
    https://triedandtasty.com/cheesy-baked-dip/
    Then off to the kids' home for dinner and also likely Mexican Train.. and also likely Phase10.

A bright sunny day today, up to +6 so hopefully the very last of the snow will die.

One of my electrode (?) thingies came off some time in the middle of the night so no readings from that point on until I put it back on. A new set after my shower, and DH bought medical tape to make sure they stay put during the day and particularly at night.

Enjoy the day, everyone!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I am home!

Was able to get into van okay, at home up over the lawn, and did those darned stairs! It's a bit odd to be home, too...

Vader hid, but then came out and I got some snuggle time.

More later!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good news @Natalka ! It's must be such a relief

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Home for Easter, @Natalka ! How wonderful! Keep up your work and the progress you've made so far, and all the best for your continued recovery!

I asked Olga for that recipe earlier today, and she replied today with the one that I remember my Mom making! Our DD said the one I brought there today was "pretty close!", but now I know what made it less dense: folded-in whipped egg whites!

Happy Easter, Nat!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Apr 20th, 2019 at 09:52 PM.
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, great news about the cheesecake; I am sure it was yummy.

It's 8:30 and I have the mammoth task of going through and organizing the more than a dozen prescriptions my husband picked up from the pharmacy for me...
    I can't leave it for tomorrow because there are some I need before going to bed.

Being home today has been bittersweet - feels wonderful to be home but, unfortunately, it's also been overwhelming.

My son cut down the steel bedframe to lower it but, alas, not enough. The bed is Uber high, I can't reach things on the nightstand, my feet dangle when I sit - and when I sit, I have to heave my butt back to sit. Actually it doesn't feel safe. He said he can't cut it down again, we would just have to get a shorter frame or leave it on the ground - which is too short.

And, of course, something had to go terribly wrong. We were sitting on the edge of the bed and heard a sound, he said it was just the bed settling. Well the bed settled a bit too much, one side crashed down, we were fine to get up. The box spring broke. It's of course under warranty since the bed was bought in Dec. But the place we bought it from would have to order it - but I needed a bed for the night and could not just sleep with a mattress on the floor, so he just went and bought another one, a different brand.

So that was all done mid afternoon, then they got ready the basket of Easter foods to take to church to be blessed. Milan had helped me for many years, so he knew what to put in and how to make everything fit. Husband had done a super job of buying paskas, babkas, sausage, and beet/horseradish relish from Easter teas of two churches. He also was brace enough to roast a real ham, after I gave him basic directions. He also made traditional egg cheese.

I have had a few meltdowns today, hope they are fewer tomorrow! The best news is that I feel strong, and am getting around well.

Goodnight, everyone. Have a great sleep, I sure hope I can!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@Natalka Happy news about your spending the holidays at home! Home is always best. HAPPY EASTER everyone.

Thread Information