User Tag List

Page 925 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 425 825 875 915 923 924 925 926 927 935 975 1025 1425 1925 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,875 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, Natalka and cabmonk like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This supposed SPRING weather is the worst! It had the nerve to try and snow here this morning!! Then the strong and bitter cold winds nearly blew me and the bags I was loading into the vehicle away! Hrmph!!
    Love that cute coffee post Lynn....

So the kid ( Vlad!! ) made a pretty decent debut as a Blue Jay!! I had taped the first part of the game, while trying to also watch the next round of the NHL Game 1 but tuned back in for the best part of the 9th inning! I was very happy for Drury getting that walk off HR, he sure needed that! Vlad managed to smack a nice double to get on base ahead of him, they put in a fast runner and then Drury did his thing.
    Happy Blue Jay fans!

Plus later on I got to watch Jumbo Joe score! ( he was selected first star of the game....cute interview with him on that ) Sharks get the game 1 win!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday!

Dull and cool day, should be done rain later, turning to snow overnight. We are in the central part of the province so we shouldn't get too much, but there are warnings out for the south.

Our son was over here after work, and we finally solved the beeping problem. Since I got home from hospital a week ago, I have been hearing a beep about every half hour. Tried the most logical things, but no. I did some googling, and it's amazing how many people have similar problems.

With Milan here and me in the kitchen, we finally isolated it to coming from the basement, which concerned me because we have many packed boxes down there. However, once I heard a beep, Milan went down to the basement to hear the next one. Turned out, it was another company's internet/cable box (not the one we use), with a low battery warning beep, so he just pulled the batteries and shut it off. Thank goodness! My husband had checked the basement before but he doesn't hear high frequencies so couldn't isolate it.

What is very odd, is the sound was exactly the same beep made by my bread maker, which is in a spare room upstairs here and was not plugged in.
    Glad that is over.

Catching up this morning on past financials, etc. that husband dealt with while I was gone.

Have a super day, everyone!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hello @Natalka Enjoyed your story of the mystery beeping! My own version of that is my wristwatch...once I accidentally pressed a button which turned the time to ARMY time ( 1400 hrs, like that ) so I thought I could get it back to normal but activated the alarm in the process....this silly thing was going off every hour in the drawer in the kitchen ( where I keep my watch when I wash dishes )
    Finally DH programmed it to OFF, I have no idea how those silly things work.

So a small Saturday afternoon brag for me!! It is the small successes that keep me motivated.

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/419683...2/#post6974314

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!

@Lynn49 - our lives are parallel! I got my new Samsung 8 cell phone last evening after spending 2 hours on the phone and 2 hours standing at a desk at the Rogers store. Apparently it works but I finally had to leave before the tutorial was finished as my head was spinning and I hadn't eaten anything.

But I have spent some time this afternoon "exploring" it until my head started aching. TMI!

I am determined to get to know this machine very well, over time. WRT your 7 year old laptop- be prepared for a chuckle from the 20-ish sales person. They asked me what version of cell phone I had and gasped..."Oh, that must be 4 or 5 years old!"

Good thing they don't start recycling PEOPLE after a certain age....but wasn't there a movie about that...Soilant Green?

I have spent the day so far tidying up and finishing off little projects like putting anti-slip things under the rugs. I got rid of some boxes last night and unpacked another this morning.

Laundry is also on the go.

My bff is coming over for supper tonight and then some chatting or TV.

Last night our clothing exchange endeavour raised $935 for Cancer Support and the Women's Crisis Centre. 35 people helped out and were shopping.

I got rid of quite a few items and bought 4 little books.

My head is telling me to take a rest.

What will I ever do when I finally get organized? It will feel so alien!

I need to research some free advertising possibilities for our garage sale as I said I would take that aspect on. We have a meeting after church tomorrow.

So adios, amigos! Enjoy your afternoon!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks!

@Lynn49 - our lives are parallel! I got my new Samsung 8 cell phone last evening after spending 2 hours on the phone and 2 hours standing at a desk at the Rogers store. Apparently it works but I finally had to leave before the tutorial was finished as my head was spinning and I hadn't eaten anything.

But I have spent some time this afternoon "exploring" it until my head started aching. TMI!

I am determined to get to know this machine very well, over time. WRT your 7 year old laptop- be prepared for a chuckle from the 20-ish sales person. They asked me what version of cell phone I had and gasped..."Oh, that must be 4 or 5 years old!"

Good thing they don't start recycling PEOPLE after a certain age....but wasn't there a movie about that...Soilant Green?

I have spent the day so far tidying up and finishing off little projects like putting anti-slip things under the rugs. I got rid of some boxes last night and unpacked another this morning.

Laundry is also on the go.

My bff is coming over for supper tonight and then some chatting or TV.

Last night our clothing exchange endeavour raised $935 for Cancer Support and the Women's Crisis Centre. 35 people helped out and were shopping.

I got rid of quite a few items and bought 4 little books.

My head is telling me to take a rest.

What will I ever do when I finally get organized? It will feel so alien!

I need to research some free advertising possibilities for our garage sale as I said I would take that aspect on. We have a meeting after church tomorrow.

So adios, amigos! Enjoy your afternoon!
    Typing on our new computer right now, @avoncallingu , but I don't like this new keyboard. It's too slippery, the keys are too shallow, the enter key is waaay over there and my hands aren't big enough to reach everything. DH said if I don't like it he'll put the other one back. So that's what we'll do.

As for phones, as long as mine rings, texts, I'm fine; I don't need any other gadgets. Technology is leaving me behind and as long as I can use this computer I'm fine.

We're going to watch the Avengers movie tonight, the one before this new one...Infinity Wars? I don't remember it at all, although that may change as I get into it. Or not.

Hope y'all are having a lovely, sunny day!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Now this is interesting.....and such a great idea, particularly for people who live alone!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I love that card!

I watched part of the Press Dinner in Washington. The speaker was excellent. Trump should definitely feel bruised, but he won't "get" the references.

It is "good night" time. Long day tomorrow.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all .
    No sure when last I checkin here so I guess I will have lots to catchup on.
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
    I have been busy reading a few lightening loans from the Library.
    Have a great Sunday all

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A quiet-ish Sunday so far, I was up before 6 a.m. but didn't have much to say or post.......hmmm, apparently I still don't. lol.
    Have a beautiful and sunny day everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ummmm....yah. I don't have anything to post either, @walkonby !
    Just want to wish everyone a beautiful day!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello friends! Great service at church today! When I picked up my brotherR for church, I immediately started choking and coughing. Turns out he had used some new "flavoured" drier sheets that I was reacting to. By the time we got to church I was in a bad way and discovered that I had not switched my puffer over to my new purse. I couldn't sit near him in the choir so I sat in the congregaton.

One of the other members of the congregation took him home. We're getting together for supper but he'll have to wear something he hasn't washed this week!

That set off a major migraine, so here I am in bed on one of the first beautiful days.

Stop griping, woman!

I am putting together a poster board of pictures to be displayed at my BrotherB and sil's combined 50th birthday party next Saturday.

So, I had better just close my peepers for a while and let these pills work.

Have a lovely day, my friends!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  4282C244-10D2-4E04-AAA4-85B150DA3DEB.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  105.3 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Goodness, I thought I checked in today...

Hi, everyone!

Don't know whether I overdid things or not yesterday, but I am terribly sore today . Usually it would be my knees, but it's my hamstrings, particularly on the right side. I have been doing my stretches. These began hurting in the hospital once I was walking about 30m, but the Physiotherapist said they would get better over time. I guess I am just not there yet.

We did not get the promised rain nor snow. However, the southern part of the province got walloped with a storm, highway closed, accidents, etc.

Hope you all have a nice evening!
    @avoncallingu - I sure hope you are feeling better!
    Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Busy Sunday for me yesterday. Went with my aunt because I wanted to check the 50% off sale at value village. It was the pre sale Sunday. The sale actually starts Monday . I found a lot of good items including shoes and my aunt said she was paying. Then we went to Canadian tire and she bought me an induction cooktop for my room and a pot that works with it. Then to the mall where she bought me 2 pairs of shoes and then offered to buy me lunch. So I got the beyond burger at a&w. After that we went to no frills where she got me a few groceries and then I came back home. She said my cousin was paying for half of the shoes. Overall was a very good day and I definitely realize I have good people in my life. ❤️🙂
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information