User Tag List

Page 923 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 423 823 873 913 921 922 923 924 925 933 973 1023 1423 1923 ... LastLast
Results 13,831 to 13,845 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Good morning to all! It is a chilly, chilly day in SW Ontario, with some predicting snow over the weekend. I don't care...because the first rummage sale of the season is happening on Saturday. A volunteer fire department in a nearby town is doing their first fund raiser, and I've got stacks of toonies that are burning a hole in a desk drawer that passes for a piggy bank. Time to loot and pillage!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn!

Not happy to be up this early, but it was a hurtie kinda night.
    I had a horrid late aft to all evening gastric issues, and it was very unpleasant. Hoping is was a short-lived bug, I don't need more of that.

Hoping you are all well and perky today!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning.

DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quick good morning!

Free at last, free at last! I couldn't hop out of bed fast enough and rip those electrodes off me! But omgosh, one of them left an awful welt, worse than the other two! Each pad has a circle of gel that sticks to the skin, but the one near my left shoulder....the gel "exploded" so instead of a semi solid gel, it looked more loose, like jello and what a painful burn-like area! I don't want to do that again, either! Dh will drop it off at my cardiologist's office this morning before he goes to the senior centre.
    Good riddance!

@walkonby , I know you're sad this morning about your Ovetchkin, but they won the whole thing last year...time for a change. I hit the sack after the first overtime, but will catch the win later.
    Btw...your beautiful fresh flowers, remember, no leaves below the waterline, and 1 tbsp javex or chlorox in the water, and in each water change

+14 today! We put the canopy on our gazebo yesterday, DH put fertilizer on the back yard while Jenny and I relaxed on the swing....finally!
    Rats...rain predicted.

Ok! Have a wonderful day, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Apr 25th, 2019 at 09:03 AM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Yay, @Lynn49 ! Those skin irritations sound awful,though. My mum used to put a paste made out of baking soda and water on things like that when I was a kid.

Sorry for your discomfort, @Natalka ! (Hate to suggest, but maybe some of that longed for food might have contributed- sorry -remember, the BRAT diet will soothe your tummy in these circumstances. )

Looking forward to 17°!

A major water main break has half of Kitchener without water! My brotherR was coming over later for supper and then choir practice. I'll see if he wants to come over earlier.

Must launch into the day.

Take care!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@avoncallingu - that was the first thought of mine, as well, going from bland to yummy! Def will watch what I eat, applelesauce for breakfast. Lucky I have three leftover from the hospital - at least they get Mott's.

Much cooler day today, I actually felt cool overnight.

Waiting for any sort of precip in our area, so many brush fires already.

Holy Thursday in Ukraine

Name:  facebook_1556199600236.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  182.7 KB

Oh, if I could only make Paskas this beautiful! My husband bought them from two churches' Easter teas this year, and they were good.
    These are from Ukraine

Name:  facebook_1556199631723.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  95.1 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Apr 25th, 2019 at 09:54 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Easter basket put together last week by son and husband. Son forgot to take pic before he covered some items with plastic (to protect the embroidered cloth which goes over), plastic wrap taken off before being blessed with holy water.

Name:  IMG_20190420_164412.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  684.6 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Apr 25th, 2019 at 10:04 AM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Is the picture in your signature from a former year? Those robes of the priests are beautiful!
    I'm just in awe of those beautifully decorated eggs!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Is the picture in your signature from a former year? Those robes of the priests are beautiful!
    @avoncallingu , I think every young Ukrainian girl (and some boys) were taught how to use a particular stylus to decorate Easter eggs using wax and dyes. My Mom and I used to do some at home. I still have a collection of eggs she had although now I'm not certain if any were originally hers.
    Those baskets are darling, but I never remember my Mom having to make one up or even if there was a ceremony like that in our church. There may have been, but I don't remember. There is another Ukrainian church here, a Ukrainian Orthodox church where I think they still perform that ceremony, maybe in our former one also, but we don't attend.

I do remember that celebrations were big events at church and in our home and I do miss them so much....

Thank you for that suggestion of baking soda and water, Avon. I had Ozynol here, so I slathered that on and it did take the pain away. Those old-time treatments though, were some of the best.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    @avoncallingu

Yes, the one in my siggy is from two years ago. I have a pic from last year, but last year I didn't make the breads.
    The pysanky, decorated eggs, in this year's basket, are ones I had done. I have more pics of those but they are on the desktop so I cannot access them here.

The photo from church, I just realized, is from a Ukrainian Orthodox service. I can tell by the bishop's vestments. My dad was a Ukrainian Catholic Deacon, so what he wore was similar to the vestments worn by the man in the front at the left.

@Lynn49

, I would say that pretty much all parishes from both Orthodox and Catholic Byzantine Rites still do the Easter basket blessing. In smaller churches, the food would be blessed after the sunrise service Easter Sunday. In more recent years, larger parishes do the blessing separately on the afternoon of Holy Saturday, just because of the time needed for the service then the priest blessing baskets with holy water.
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Apr 25th, 2019 at 07:29 PM.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, it's the NFL draft night, I have my list of teams' picking order, their needs, and a form to fill in on who they actually picked...tissues, and ... this may also involve wine.
    I look forward to this second only to the Superbowl although this moves into 1st place after that last Superbowl.

So an early goodnight to everyone! (Packer green).

Thread Information