User Tag List

Page 922 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 422 822 872 912 920 921 922 923 924 932 972 1022 1422 1922 ... LastLast
Results 13,816 to 13,830 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Good morning everyone. It will be a busy and unpleasant day for me. I intend to "chunk it," which is what I do when a day is going to be taxing. I go through it hour by hour, congratulating myself every time the hour hand of clock is pointing straight up. I can always handle another hour but sometimes a whole day seems daunting. Chin up, everyone.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

What the heck are you people doing up so early,? It's 5:30 here.

I was up at four, and now - but I will go back to sleep since I have to ensure husband is up around six. Hard to imagine that he actually had to use the alarm clock whilst I was gone.

Yesterday morning after nine I got a call from a home care nurse that she was on her way to do an assessment of me. I was going to call today to see whether or not I would still get visits. Once a week I will get a nurse visit, a CHF check (Congestive heart failure).

She had too make a list of all my meds and doses, that took forever. Then she did BP, checked heart and lungs. I had just weighed myself the day before, so she didn't need another.

If I do have questions or need additional help, she said to call.
    She had read my file, and she said she was quite impressed with the huge progress I had made.

Yesterday i had done a Superstore click and collect order, was nice to pick some things I wanted - watermelon, pineapple, lots of veg, some OTC meds I needed, a lemon meringue pie - def in the need category, lol! The flavour! The texture! Oh, and some pantry and frozen items.

I need to organize things in here a bit, slowly! Milan will come sometime to help me with other things like going through the pantry shelves, as well as clothes in the bedroom. For those things, I shall be director only! I do have scads of clothes to try see what fits and doesn't - I will do that over time because it's a lot of work trying on clothes, off and on.

Hope you all enjoy a bit of Wacky in your Wednesday! Vader is in heat, so she's definitely wacky!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning folks.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

@walkonby , you'd make the cutest little puck-bunny! Now to be clear, when I described someone like that our DD gasped, lol, as if that was a bad thing, but I just think it's adorable. Personally from what I saw, it was an embarrassing Leafs' performance. Trying too hard?

Whatever it was, and whoever is left, tomorrow is THE first day of the NFL draft, so that's where my attention will be. I have my list of the teams' picking order, what positions need to be filled, and my tissues. Because I get misty-eyed. A lot.

@avoncallingu , I hope you can get a handle on those irritating, niggly things that seem to have piled up for you so that you can wipe those slates clean. As for your walking...wasn't something supposed to be done for your foot? That's got to really be curtailing your progress at home and other adventures.

It's been a busy week that's taken it's toll on me, so today is absolutely a day of rest.

Ah! The sun just appeared! Doesn't that thing make such a difference in our moods?! Or is it just me?

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Apr 24th, 2019 at 10:18 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

You said it @Lynn49 I mean was there truly an effort by the Leafs here? Imho I think not! That is why ( perhaps ) I am actually emotionally o.k. today. If they had been unfairly targeted with unsubstantiated penalties or had questionable border line goals pulled back I might have my dander up, but they simply got outplayed!

My attention ( unlike you and your NFL thing ) now falls to watching a little Baseball ( did anyone catch Rowdy Telez smash a Grand Slam last night? ) Not quite enough to win the game but they came close. Pillar was treated to a lovely welcome back reception by adoring fans.

yes, baseball as well as following who will win that Stanley Cup!
    I love certain players on the Preds, but sadly they were eliminated last night along with our leafs. That leaves me rooting for the Sharks when they take on the Avalanche Friday as well as the Capitols ( I still love watching Ovechkin! ) tonight in their Game 7 match.

On Thursday I'll be wanting the Blue Jackets to take Boston in four straight because ya have to want the team that eliminated you to lose, that is just natural right? ha ha

o.k. o.k. enuf hockey!

Hoping everyone has a splendid day... I slept in today...no wonder all that exhaustion watching those Sharks!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My focus is on the Raptors right now. Through to the next round in the playoffs last night, good for them
    And the Blue Jays, of course, always. You're right @walkonby , it was a very nice tribute on the big screen last night. It's nice that they didn't go to commercial so we could watch it on tv.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Very hard to find a doctor here but I finally managed to see a doctor yesterday. Went for blood, urine and ekg today. I’ll be going back to the doctor May 7th for results and to see if I can get a referral for mental health. I’ll see what he says in 2 weeks. Hope everyone has a good evening.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Cabby- I'm glad you found a doctor! This way you can get consistent care. Also- good for you to reach out for counseling of some kind. Sometimes life gets on top of us and it is good to get access to some professional help.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I finally found a pair of sandals and also running shoes that seem good for my needs as the seasons change.

There is a store in St. Jacobs called Gina's Closet - Brides Helping Brides.

They take in wedding dresses and formalish wear and sell them for very small prices so that low-income families can get nice clothing for their weddings.

My wedding dress has been hanging in my closet for almost 15 years. I'm happy to pass it on so that it can be someone else's favourite.

It is an ivory crepe pencil dress with a lace overlay top featuring a tulip pattern in the lace with pearl buttons down the back.

I also found 3 other formal outfits that I have worn on cruises to donate as well.

The store wasn't open today but will be tomorrow. I'll take them back tomorrow.
    The store is staffed by volunteers and all the proceeds go to breast cancer research.

Take care, folks!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Apr 24th, 2019 at 09:28 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks, definitely trying to do what I can.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information