User Tag List

Page 942 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 442 842 892 932 940 941 942 943 944 952 992 1042 1442 1942 ... LastLast
Results 14,116 to 14,130 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@walkonby Have a great day yourself, lady. You are a force of nature.
    Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good sunny morning, everyone!

@GoJays , this morning's 2 memes were hilarious! That skeleton one is going to give some people a very relieved laugh one day. Particularly if a forensics team is called in before anyone gets a really close look at it! Haha!

@walkonby , I never got into GOT, but the kids love it. All that hacking and slashing I saw on the commercials sealed it for me, and although I do love dragons, they're mostly made out to be dangerous, but they weren't really. Enjoy your last episode and those punchy cauliflower bits!

Finally, a gorgeous sunny day! It's probably still chilly, but I just got up, Dh and Jenny are still sleeping. We did a lot of running around yesterday looking for 2 recliners to replace the sofa DH removed from our trailer and finally decided on the ones we saw on Wayfair....2 glider/swivel/recliners for our old bones. Between our 2 families we're keeping Wayfair busy!

Well, toodles for now, Jenny just got up, onto her chair in the window, black doggie in sunshine, in no particular hurry go run outside, but I think I'll convince her to go into the back yard.

Enjoy your day...oohhh, I opened the window for her and the air feels lovely! Just checked, +13 already!!!
    Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Never got into Game of Thrones. A few years ago I bought the books - five, I think - but couldn't get into the first one at all. I will have to give it another try someday.

Major construction going on at a home across the back alley from us, so as I sit in the kitchen, it has been quite noisy. I probably could handle the truck/machine sounds, but the back up beeping makes me crazy!

Yesterday I felt so very yucky most of the day and into the night - sorry TMI, but it's the type of nausea that I feel puking would actually feel better...

On top of that, barely slept during the night. Then, I fell asleep quite solidly around six, but husband woke me up to put on my meds and compression stockings. I foresee a snooze in a while, I have to take more meds and eat something. I really hate downing so many meds, even though I try spread them out a bit. Some mornings I just stare at them....

Weather should be lovely again today, yesterday got to 20. It's such a bummer that I can't go outside during the day (I have to have someone with me).

Enjoy whatever the day brings you!
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I’m up I’m up lol. Going to go for a walk soon and then ddp yoga. Tomorrow is my tour of the police station lol. They said if they aren’t in use you will also be able to see the jail cells. Hope it’s not a trap lol. 😜
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just found this on my Pinterest feed and boy, it's SO ME!! At a...ahem...certain age, it's time for slowing down a little as far as all the "have to's" and make more room for the "want to's". I've stopped pressuring myself to do many of the things I thought I HAD to do to make everyone happy, to make them feel I'm thinking of them...hell, they know and if they don't, they don't know me very well at all!! Family is a priority of course, and that's a pleasure, not a "have to", so letting go of all those social pressures we put on ourselves frees up more time for those things that really count. I could post all the social commentary and news feeds on here that I want to, but what, exactly, would that accomplish? Would that change anyone's mind? Nope, not likely.

So I guess what I'm saying this morning, and I guess it's unusual for me to do this, but just be aware of why we do those things WE feel we have to do, and make time for those things we want to do. I'm not saying ignore social issues and responsibilities, but be choosy. Everyone's time is worth more than a series of quick, repetitive social posts here and there which accomplishes nothing in places such as Twiter, etc. (it really doesn't) Look after your own lives, people close to you, and if anyone feels strongly about an issue, then really get involved!

So I do have "less to do" (and by that I mean less running around like a squirrel in headlights) and I make room for those things that are important to me.

Okey-dokey, then!! Stepping gracefully off my soap-box and off to do things that enhance our lifestyle and home life here and spending less time on social media. Amof, I'll be cancelling my FB account this week just for that reason. Toodles!!

Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@cabmonk - Can I ask you why you might be touring the Police Station? I'm sure it would be interesting.
    @walkonby - I have some frozen cauliflower bits from a time when cauliflower was cheap. They look a bit freezer burned . Do you think roasting them would help?
    @Lynn49 - I didn't realize those recliners were for the camp. Very comfy and sumptuous!
    I was awakened this morning very early -actually twice about a little boy from Sudbury. I have read that he has been found safe in Toronto. So glad to hear!
    @Natalka - my thoughts go out to you. I rarely feel nautious, but when I do-oh boy! Hope you feel better today.

I went and asked some pertinent questions of the administrative this morning via the receptionist.
    1. How will the detritus that the starlings have dragged into our ducts be removed before they seal everything up? Answer -we'll look into it.
    2. Is our hydro on smart meters? I don't need to wait until after 7pm to do laundry if they are not- answer -that is an answer that the private provider will give me.
    3. Tomorrow morning ALL the cars have to be removed from the property for both buildings so they can sweep out the garage and parking lot of winter salty,sandy, yucky dirt. So about 150 cars have to find another place to be and then the owners, who can barely walk down to supper, have to find their own way back to the building. My question -could we not use the Westhill bus ( from our building ) to ferry these people back from a public parking spot in groups ? No answer as yet.

Got miles to go before I sleep and promises to keep, See ya later.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I made it through the first half of episode one, season one of GoT @walkonby . I turned it off and never looked back. Maybe it got better? Who knows. I never will. Orange is the New Black Season 6 will be on dvd soon And good morning all. I'm off to find some memes, be back soon.
    S01E01...was the Pilot...awfully hard to get through...it gets better, for sure.
    Last edited by danger_dan; Tue, May 14th, 2019 at 01:46 PM.
    Lynn49, cabmonk and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@avoncallingu sadly it depends on how badly the freezer burn is on the florets? I admit I recently tossed a giant sized ziploc bag from the large freezer that was filled with cauliflower florets that I also prepped when prices had dropped ( like just a quick in and out of the boiling water ) but when I really looked at it, it seemed yellowish and that is NOT the colour I remember when I placed it in there.
    My advice is thaw the stuff you have, towel dry it as much as possible and then roast away. You'll know if it is edible.
    @Lynn49 I see Wayfair ads all day long and gosh that place looks tempting to surf, so far I have resisted.
    Lynn49, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Going to the police station because I think they have tours once in a while. They put out a Facebook message saying if you want a tour call them. I think this week is policing week or something because they also have other events. I have someone on my friends list that works for the police and I messaged them instead. He said sounds good you’re on the list for Wednesday at 11am. Just something interesting to do since I usually don’t have much to do.
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Boy oh boy, the airplanes are coming in low today. I can almost count the rivets on the wings. They're interrupting my movie. I'm trying to watch The Mule with Clint Eastwood but they are very, very noisy. I just might have to close the patio door. It's a shame though, first time I've had it open since March.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@cabmonk - that's a cool thing to do.

@Lynn49 - I bought a rug from Wayfair and now I constantly see ads for rugs. I'm almost tempted to buy one of them, they are so pretty, but I don't need one. Ah the power of advertising!

When I drive out of our underground parking, I always duck my head-I'd be doing that if planes were flying low.😃

See ya later!
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu - that's why I use Adblock Plus on my laptop. I can't stand ads. You wouldn't believe how websites are cleaned up and easier to see and use when there aren't any ads cluttering things up. Not to mention faster-loading. It's not foolproof though. Yahoo, especially, has become a master at inserting ads that look like stories.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Had a snooze earlier, just heading to have another one hopefully, or at least lay down since the nausea is back.

Speaking of ads, for the first time my son noticed ads on his phone for something about which he had spoken to a friend. He had done no searches, so was surprized. However, didn't bother him because he is the type who knows he didn't do anything wrong, so doesn't care. Slippery slope has already been slid down, though.

I heard on a CBC radio program yesterday about a man who wanted to find out what things had been recorded of him and his family/friends. He had an Echo. He said there was a way to get into Alexa privacy settings, then he could see all what was picked up. What surprized him was so many instances when he hadn't asked Alexa to look up or do something, but parts of random conversations and even some of Downton Abbey.
    Caveat emptor!

Ciao for now!
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Thanks @Silk and I try my best with my weight loss. Today I went for a long walk and did 15 mins of weights. Tomorrow ddp yoga and probably another walk. I’m doing better with intermittent fasting this time and get less cravings than the last time I tried it so now I think it’s working lol. 🙂
    It sounds like you have a good plan going. My experience with IF is the longer you've been doing it, the easier it gets - like most things And for me I find it important to eat a satisfying dinner before my fasting period

Thread Information