User Tag List

Page 974 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 474 874 924 964 972 973 974 975 976 984 1024 1074 1474 ... LastLast
Results 14,596 to 14,610 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hi, gang!
    Back home, great procedure, slept right through it, no worries, nothing bad found at all, thank Heavens!

The heavy rains continue, just hope our DD's plane lands tonight and doesn't have to turn back.

@Natalka, enjoy those movies...Coco is one of our GS's favourites, along with the first one, The Book of Life. I hope you can watch that one, too!

Stay safe out there today, everyone!
    Hi Lynn ..glad to hear that your procedure went good and nothing show up .thats awesome sweetie
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Just want to wish everyone a happy Monday and a good week. It's been several days I haven't made it on to SC. I do try to read this thread semi-regularly even if I don't post. I see lots of new things going on with many of you and just want to wish everyone well

Silk
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Lynn49 - great that you were relaxed and happy wrt your colonoscopy.

My Brother B organized a golf tournament this afternoon- it's raining ! Maybe they'll turn it into a Raptors watching party.

As luck would have it, my BrotherR and I are going to his year-end Kinsman Awards Banquet at the same Golf Course. We might be rubbing elbows watching the Raptors. I always hated that name- They were formed the year that the movie Jurassic Park came out. I thought it was dumb! It's like naming your child after a soap opera character- but wait....I convinced my parents to name my Brother after a character in "My Three Sons." Ok- I'll be quiet!
    Natalka and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, although my procedure was a success, my poor muffin of a Daughter missed passing by 1 question!! One.
    However, as much as she wanted this over and done with, she's more confident now and she'll actually finish reading her book this time. She wants to write in Toronto again at the end of the month. There are exams here also, but they have to wait 10 days for their results, and in TO, it's instant. Hit the button, boom.
    It's meant to be tough to get this designation because it allows the wealth manager to trade stocks on behalf of their clients without consulting their clients. I know...it sounds sketchy, lol, but that's what they get paid for...keeping their eyes on the markets in the world and "adjusting" their clients' portfolios. As I understnd it.

Anyhoodles...she said the streets are getting nuts with all the Raptors fans milling around, making their way to Jurassic Park...it's going to quite the party if they win. Fingers crossed.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    @Lynn49 - great that you were relaxed and happy wrt your colonoscopy.
    @avoncallingu , I slept right through it! I couldn't have asked for a better medical team there looking after me or in the recovery room!! But it's my last one!!! Yayyyyy!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh your poor DD @Lynn49 . I don't know what's worse - completely failing the test or missing it by just one... It's good that she is already preparing for the next time though
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Oh your poor DD @Lynn49. I don't know what's worse - completely failing the test or missing it by just one... It's good that she is already preparing for the next time though
    You hit it bang on the nose, @GoJays : a rock and a hard place. But she blames herself, she didn't read the whole book because usually that's what she does: peruse. She didn't study enough at home, but that course helped immensely. She said had she received a much lower mark, she'd question her ability to pass it at all. Now that she knows all the hard stuff, the calculus, the 390 page review book, she can go back to the text book for the other bits. She's disappointed in herself, but she also said that she was already in Toronto, why fly home without trying it at all? So...on to the 2nd attempt which she feels very confident with. You sure did understand the problem, though, Jays!
    GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Poopy!
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning folks.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Lynn49 - I totally agree. Did the years speed up somewhere?

The weather forecast is saying.."An abundance of sunshine!" Isn't that wonderful!!!

I bought my BrotherB and his wife a patio fountain for their anniversary and him a Tilley hat as a combo Father's Day/Birthday gift. Didn't know his head size so he can exchange it if he wishes. Already have my nephew 's birthday gift. Now for grad gifts for both nephews. I have all the cards. Then I can relax until August.

My Justin Beiber calendar is in my car, I think, so I can't check out the other things I have on for the day. Won't someone believe me when I say I NEED a Firefighter calendar!! Much more age appropriate.

So, enjoy the day, my friends!

@flemeth - don't even think about putting weight on your foot- even if the people come to the door with your cheque for a million dollars! Well- just yell for them to come in. Hope your day goes well.

BFN!

Thread Information