User Tag List

Page 1254 of 1953 FirstFirst ... 254 754 1154 1204 1244 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1264 1304 1354 1754 ... LastLast
Results 18,796 to 18,810 of 29295
Like Tree118399Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just read on TV that Quebec police arrested a jerk who defied his covid quarantine...good for them!! The reason China doesn't have new cases and it's still killing Italians is because they took measures like that in Wuhan right from the get-go...they even locked people in their homes. They could do it there, yes, but dangerous times call for extreme measures.
    Now where could they put the creep where he doesn't infect the police or care-workers?! Jerk!
    Skippy, Natalka, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 thanks for asking but Thor is back to his normal self and being the boss of me
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

omg, i cried when I saw this one

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    omg, i cried when I saw this one

@flemeth ....back to normal then...as it should be.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello my friends! I have finished my first version of my couple's wedding ceremony and went to Canadian Tire to get a blender so I can...BAKE! and an extendable showerhead so I can SHOWER TOOTIE because the groomer has closed. Now I am watching a PVR'd New Amsterdam before I MAKE MY OWN SUPPER! How life has changed!

Hope everyone can have a fun evening with family!
    Skippy, Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello my friends! I have finished my first version of my couple's wedding ceremony and went to Canadian Tire to get a blender so I can...BAKE! and an extendable showerhead so I can SHOWER TOOTIE because the groomer has closed. Now I am watching a PVR'd New Amsterdam before I MAKE MY OWN SUPPER! How life has changed!

Hope everyone can have a fun evening with family!
    Ummmmm...not self-isolating, then.....be careful, @avoncallingu !

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Or...maybe wasps have discovered snails are tasty? Was there any sign of garlic or butter near-by?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Mar 21st, 2020 at 07:09 PM.
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Loblaw, Metro announce pay boost for staff during COVID-19 pandemic

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...zgBt6NEZS-qERY

“Unlike so many businesses across the country right now, our supermarkets and pharmacies are performing well.”
    Grocery chain Metro is also boosting its employee salaries, offering an additional $2 per hour to workers in stores and distribution centres, retroactive from March 8 until May 2.

Loblaw Companies Ltd, which includes Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacies and Real Canadian Superstores, announced the raise Saturday for its workers’ “outstanding efforts to keep stores open.”
    “We have made the decision to temporarily increase compensation for our store and distribution centre colleagues by approximately 15 per cent retroactive to March 8,” Galen Weston, executive chairman of Loblaw Companies, said in a company announcement.

“Our colleagues in stores and in distribution centres have been working very hard for many days now, doing a great job to support our customers as we face an unprecedented crisis,” read a statement from Metro issued Saturday.
    “They work in a particularly difficult situation and have been working very long hours to serve our customers.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Mar 21st, 2020 at 06:45 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

here's a useful calculator;

https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/

How much toilet paper?
    The simple calculator for how much toilet paper you need to survive the pandemic
    Skippy, Silk and Thatdone like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    We have Johnny jump-ups (wild crocuses) that I wait for each spring, but it's going to be some time before they want to peek out!
    Wild pansies - in our former home, I sure loved them too!

Nurse came this morning to do her thang - the blister on the foot near my toes is healing well. The one above the ankle is being a big bugger - is still weeping after a week, and she gave the area some good squishes when she washed it (I told her to just do it, even though it hurt).

Put an order online for Easter breads from our church. Usually it's nice to choose the style you want - some are baked darker, each has different designs, etc. for the paskas.

So, a peek into my past....

Before I knew my husband, I was dating this nice guy, we were getting rather serious. During this time, I met my husband and we went out a few times for coffee just as friends - he was our priest's brother.

Then the next spring my guy went to Italy to go to university - at first to do language classes, then to enter seminary. He had already done some seminary here. We kept in close touch, with the plan to be married not long before he would be ordained.

Sooo.... In the interim, my husband ended up moving from Saskatoon back to my home city because he got a new job. Well, we started seeing each other - then I got a teaching job about five hours away.

That next summer, my initial guy came back to work. He is an artist, so he was doing some repainting of icons in our church interior.
    Unbeknownst to me, my husband went to see him, to ask whether he was really serious about me or not. Well, me and the first guy had already had the breakup talk.
    We each went along our merry ways. We got married the next summer, and the other guy was ordained a few months later.

After all these years, I have never seen him, though the rest of my family has, as well as my husband and son.
    He had been a bishop in BC, and today was installed as the bishop in London, England - quite a change.

So today brought back a flood of memories, all good ones about my wonderful husband!
    Silk, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Lynn49 I am mostly self isolating but very definitely social distancing. Even in Italy, they let you walk your dog. I figured today might be the last time to do anything before our province goes into total lockdown.

I sure hope you start to feel better- backwise. Seems like your cough has calmed down.

I'm going to look like Rapunzel before this is all through. I found my graduation picture today from 1972. I didn't have the money or inclination to cut my hair then, either, it seems. Nice long wavy hair- looked pretty good, I think, but it wasn't grey and unmanageable like it is now.

Now I know why Mennonite women wear those basketty things on their heads- to keep their hair out of their face and food!

Well it's binge watching time and laundry time-
    a typical Saturday night. 😄
    BFN!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Mar 21st, 2020 at 08:55 PM.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    @Lynn49 I am mostly self isolating but very definitely social distancing. Even in Italy, they let you walk your dog. I figured today might be the last time to do anything before our province goes into total lockdown.

I sure hope you start to feel better- backwise. Seems like your cough has calmed down.

I'm going to look like Rapunzel before this is all through. I found my graduation picture today from 1972. I didn't have the money or inclination to cut my hair then, either, it seems. Nice long wavy hair- looked pretty good, I think, but it wasn't grey and unmanageable like it is now.

Now I know why Mennonite women wear those basketty things on their heads- to keep their hair out of their face and food!

Well it's binge watching time and laundry time-
    a typical Saturday night. 
    BFN!
    @avoncallingu , oh, doggie-walking is fine, it just scared me when you said you went to Canadian Tire. Our DD called us for our grocery list because someone has to go out, I guess...we just needed milk, eggs, bread, and my DH and I baked a gluten-free loaf of bread for me. Unfortunately he used yeast that I hadn't proofed the last time and it didn't rise quite enough. I tossed it and I'll try another loaf when this one's gone. It sure was nice to have hot fresh bread that wasn't a brick! Hahaha!!

Is Tootie small enough to wash in your kitchen sink? I often wish Jenny wasn't so...um...poofy so I could do that with her. Using the bathtub just hurts my already hurting back even on the best of days. Oh, I can just see Tootie up to her tushy in warm soapy water.....!!! Too cute!!

Yeah, this back of mine, I'm wondering if my coughing exacerbated an already bad back, it sure felt like my ribs were fractured each time I coughed.
    I shared my cough with my DH hoping mine would disappear.
    It didn't work, but he didn't mind my trying.

Stay well and congratulations on the improvement in your cooking skills!!
    If you ever want nice, easy recipes, just ask! I have quite a few of them we use here when we don't feel like cooking, and at camp.

Toodles!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information