User Tag List

Page 1258 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 258 758 1158 1208 1248 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1268 1308 1358 1758 ... LastLast
Results 18,856 to 18,870 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Hoping everyone is coping as best as the can indoors. I am not going to venture out shopping only if I really need something I DDS and DH are paranoid that people coming back will not self isolate as required and would be in the Groceries shopping for supplies. So I have a ban from the family. So far we really don’t need anything that we can’t do with out. I am not one to be indoors 24/7 so it’s taking a toll on me.

Hope you all are doing what’s best for you all and stay safe and healthy all
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Seems like some of us are getting bored at home, hm? I guess it's been easier in a way for us, both having bronchitis...DH has more of a cold, but we're slowly pulling out of it all. He's doing some new puzzles we had here, I'm hoping to feel well enough to get to my painting. Our Daughter's b-day has again been postponed to Easter. Still...even that feels too soon since both her in-laws are also sick.

@flemeth , I imagine it's more difficult for you more outdoorsy people, easier for us who have our crafts etc and are more indoorsy. Thank goodness dog-walking is still acceptable.

I think my Michael's is closed so I'd better not need any new paint colours.

Well, just try to keep busy....can you imagine what this would have been like in the 60s...without the communication capabilities we have now? At the very least, we can still make each other smile.

Stay well, stay safe...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning fellow shut-ins!!
    So far so good here, in that none of us have snapped at each other.....yet!
    I read something kind of disturbing in my news feed today though.... I know I should stop reading them.

Anyhow last night when Trump mentioned in yet another one of his rambling news conference style performances that he is looking into lifting the social distancing restrictions currently in place in 2 weeks. Against ALL the expert medical and scientific advisors saying it will require longer than that to flatten the curve, HE feels the economic impact is too great.

There is a point to make regarding the stock market meltdown and no-one out buying stuff. But then I read a follow up comment from Lt. Texas Governor Dan Patrick who said this!

No one reached out to me and said, 'As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?'
    And if that is the exchange, I'm all in.

He thinks older Americans should accept the health risks of the coronavirus to help stabilize the economy
    through relaxed social distancing.

Has the world gone mad yet??

Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Mar 24th, 2020 at 11:19 AM.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning folks.
    Hope everyone is doing well (enough).

Stay safe, stay sane!
    Have a great day peeps!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol....true, dat!!

Our Daughter, her Hubby and our Grandson walked over earlier this afternoon, so out came the patio chairs and we all sat in the driveway, 6' apart, and chatted for such a long time...it was beautiful out there!! It was just +6, but so sunny, no wind...this is becoming the new norm, having them walk here for a visit.
    The fresh air was lovely!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love to shop and this is killing me! Online shopping is just not the same experience. I'm going stir crazy!
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A scary rough afternoon with Rufus as I had placed him in the laundry sink around 1 p.m. with the best of intentions.
    To clean him up as he was smelling so sour from various things he had spit up and to remove the crusty bits around his eyes.

Despite being as gentle as I could his legs gave out and he flopped over wailing loudly and seemed to stiffen up like a board
    ( almost like a seizure! ).
    I rushed to get the suds rinsed off him and wrapped him in a big towel ( crying the whole time ) as I brought him up two flight's to DD's room.

His breathing was so shallow for the next hour or so and he shivered plenty even though he was wrapped up in another big dry towel. She was awesome with him, talking sweet words of comfort....oh boy....this is tough to do.

o.k. later guys!! he is sleeping in his clean and freshly washed bed once again

babies teach us acceptance

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

This a.m. I went to iga.net and was put in a 1-hour virtual line-up!

Here's my original post for those who didn't see it:

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/437125...ga-net-canada/
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    I love to shop and this is killing me! Online shopping is just not the same experience. I'm going stir crazy!
    No kidding. I have my birthday coupon for 2500 points at Indigo that I have to use before March is over. I tried redeeming online but it keeps telling me that my purchase doesn't qualify. This wouldn't happen in the store I'm so sick of this isolation sh!t.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

hello, peeps!

Husband just came home from the tax place, the pharmacy, grocery store - best of all was the pickup of Easter breads from the church. They look lovely, and we did have a sample of the Paska before freezing them.

Yesterday was my strong meds day, so today I was somewhat nauseated but mostly blah - not getting much sleep at all. Boo hoo.

Son has been trying to get through to do husband's EI application, no luck. Heard that they had processed a million claims already. Yikes!

Hope life is treating you well.

Oh, @walkonby - I sure feel for you!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1585027229426.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  47.5 KB

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    If you can find the product, "BioFreeze", it's quite amazing for pain...it's the only stuff that helps my back...not Robax Platinum, not Tylenol, nothing!! It's a roll-on...but don't have any alcohol with it or you'll be flying very high!!!
    Our DD found it here at a health store....hope you find it, Skippy...it really does work brilliantly!!
    Thanks for the tip! much appreciated!
    avoncallingu likes this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Thread Information