User Tag List

Page 1278 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 278 778 1178 1228 1268 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1288 1328 1378 1778 ... LastLast
Results 19,156 to 19,170 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Foxes have to eat too, @Skippy , I just wish they were vegetarians....
    @Lynn49 I have no problem with them eating squirrels which it may have been!
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I don't know if it's me or you whomever you may be, but some of this stuff in this thread just flies over my head!
    Could be that time of day when my brain doesn't function time, I dunno...
    Anyhow of course I took my walk at the coldest time of the day and have left my must do list till the latter part of the day!
    Hope everyone has a great long weekend!
    Be the blessing that somebody needs!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    @Lynn49 I have no problem with them eating squirrels which it may have been!
    ............nooooo...I love squirrels!! We finally have black ones up here...I just love how they run, bouncing along...I like mice, too, sooooo...I guess we agree to disagree...
    Newfiescreech and princessjen like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    ............nooooo...I love squirrels!! We finally have black ones up here...I just love how they run, bouncing along...I like mice, too, sooooo...I guess we agree to disagree...

Same! I love squirrels! At my cottage I have some red and black ones I have made friends with. They sit on my lap and let me pet them and they come when I call their name. Most, I have been friends with for many years. Bubba (big black squirrel) would always show up at lunch time for at least 8 years. I had broken heart when he stopped showing up 2 years ago. He didn't survive the winter. I know he was old and had lots of gray fur and walked like he was all stiffened up with arthritis, but its still hard. The last summer I saw him he was not eating as much as usual and he started bringing a friend with him at lunch time everyday. Now the friend shows up without Bubba. I like to think Bubba knew it was his time and wanted someone to carry on with his tradition.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Look at you two problem solving! @Lynn49 , I guess we can just call @walkonby our resident IT Person, huh?
    Have a wonderful Easter Weekend everyone.
    Hopefully you will all find some hidden treats from those sneaky little bunnies.
    Now hold on @danger_dan .....I am flattered BUT I must know does that title come with a hat? My roots have come in something fierce and the overgrowth in both front and back have caused issues that only a hair band can fix......so...any hat?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    Same! I love squirrels! At my cottage I have some red and black ones I have made friends with. They sit on my lap and let me pet them and they come when I call their name. Most, I have been friends with for many years. Bubba (big black squirrel) would always show up at lunch time for at least 8 years. I had broken heart when he stopped showing up 2 years ago. He didn't survive the winter. I know he was old and had lots of gray fur and walked like he was all stiffened up with arthritis, but its still hard. The last summer I saw him he was not eating as much as usual and he started bringing a friend with him at lunch time everyday. Now the friend shows up without Bubba. I like to think Bubba knew it was his time and wanted someone to carry on with his tradition.
    Oh, how sad, @princessjen ....I can't imagine what a blessing that must have been, having a squirrel befriend and trust you like that...the Squirrel Whisperer!! But they don't live forever, do they? Have you ever watched the youtube videos of people who have mice and hamsters as pets? I just love those mice, but I just couldn't handle them not living very long, I'd always be in tears! I agree, I'm sure Bubba wanted you to have another friend, so he brought his own friend along for you to visit with. I'd love to do that here...there are 2 black squirrels here that I used to put peanuts out for, but they're in the back yard, and unless I'm sitting out there I don't see them...I just know that the nuts I hid for them are gone....They're so beautiful, although our Jenny runs out into the back yard in the morning and patrols the perimeter for them, or she spots them as soon as I open the gate and runs full tilt along the fence as they scoot up a tree.

With our campground closed to us so far this year we may not even have a camping season on the island, so maybe I'll work on becoming a squirrel whisperer, too. What a sweet story!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Now hold on @danger_dan .....I am flattered BUT I must know does that title come with a hat? My roots have come in something fierce and the overgrowth in both front and back have caused issues that only a hair band can fix......so...any hat?
    Honey, I could order this for you...I can just picture it on you!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trouble is...they never lose this 'look'...so inquisitive, and our Jenny obviously understands everything I say; we have the most intellectually stimulating conversations!
    Whenever I talk to her, this is how she stares at me...I must be every so entertaining!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ha ha ^^^^ I accept the hat @Lynn49 ( and the title 0. Oh that is one intense glare from such a pint sized pup eh?
    There's a new show I've started watching called Dogs Behaving Badly and so far it is the owners that need fixin, the pets are only repeating undesirable behaviours because they are being rewarded for it......as in a spoiled dog acting out.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi to all you sweet little bunnies out there!

Well, my tummy bug hid out for a day, and returned today - argh! It's just icky to have to deal with one more thing. My husband is fine, though, so his really was one day.

I get to spread things out for Easter, so that's a very good thing. I am determined to make cabbage rolls, I haven't made them for a very long time - I will just split up all the steps. Otherwise the foods we have are very basic and simple - especially since I didn't make the breads, either.

Nothing interesting happening around here. Temp is hovering just over zero during the day. Our son said that when he went home after work yesterday, he thought that every single house on his block had a snowman, and it was so cool.

Have a nice evening, everyone!

Name:  facebook_1586456475568.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  51.3 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Still one of my favourite movies

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I want to begin by saying that I am not a Trump sympathizer nor am I one to join in the political talk, I think you all know that. I don't hate him to the degree that most of you do, but I certainly don't like him. That being said, while this article was very well written (outside of one typo that I could spot ), it was also filled with a lot of woulda coulda shoulda. Yes, Trump is a pompous, egotistical, lying, selfish, self-serving psychopath and he should never have made promises that were impossible to keep. However. I would like to know if any one person anywhere was able to accurately predicted the extent to which this virus has incapacitated the entire world? Ugh, that last sentence is a butcher-job, but you get the gist. I'm not trying to start a debate, I just want to honestly know if anyone raised the alarm early enough into this that it could have been stopped in its tracks but no one listened? Maybe that original Chinese doctor that has since passed away directly as a result? I will be completely honest and transparent (you know, the opposite of Trump) - I don't follow the news, nor politics and if anything about the virus comes on TV I tune it out. Ignorance is bliss, don'tcha know. Trump should know about that, he is the ignorant leader. My last straw with him was him trying to withhold the masks. Did someone explain to him that those masks would not exist without a very important component that is manufactured only in Nanaimo, BC? Ok, I guess I do pay a little attention. Not much, but a little If I'm incorrect anywhere, straighten me out, but be nice about it
    @GoJays -Here are my thoughts re your post - and like you, not looking to get into a debate either (And btw, a question for you at the end )

( @walkonby - thought this might interest you also, since you were the original poster of the article )

I don’t think the Atlantic article is saying Trump or anyone else could have or should have know how bad things were going to get re: the virus (but an article in The Guardian does suggest that - info and link below). But it’s fair to ask why the US has more total cases as well as more new cases every day than any other country.

(Source: https://www.worldometers.info/corona...=homeAdvegas1? )

Imo, that’s what this article does - looks at both Trump’s actions and inactions that contributed ‘biggly’ to - if not outright caused - the unprecedented outbreak and mounting death count in the US.

And in addition to the notification he got on January 3rd, according to the NY Times (link below) Trump was warned in a memo about the risks of a pandemic on January29 by one of his own staff. But even after that he still downplayed it and said it will disappear magically when the weather gets warmer, the flu is worse, it’s a Democratic hoax etc. Oh and Trump says he doesn’t remember reading the memo. Really? How do you forget something like that?

It’s not just that Trump is an ignorant leader, he is an arrogant leader. He won’t admit when he’s wrong, takes no responsibility for his actions, makes outright lies, and is a hypocrite. Now he is blaming the WHO and the Dept of Health and Human Services for how bad things have gotten with the virus. And he continues to blame Obama for just about everything.

Here’s a link to the NY Times article and another interesting one in The Guardian.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/navarro-warning-trump-coronavirus.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgt ype=Homepage

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-peter-navarro

Re the following query in your post: “...I would like to know if any one person anywhere was able to accurately predicted the extent to which this virus has incapacitated the entire world?” – here’s a paragraph from the second article that I think addresses your question:

"But the emergence of the memos from such a senior aide within the White House will make it much more difficult for Trump to claim – as he has done on multiple occasions – that nobody was able to predict the severity of the disease."

In contrast to Trump, I have to say I feel really proud of what Prime Minster Trudeau/Canada is doing for small and big business, students, laid-off workers, women’s shelters, etc.

p.s. GoJays, my question for you: Where is the typo in the article? The article is so long that I ended up skimming parts of it (but will probably go back and finish it properly)
    Last edited by Silk; Fri, Apr 10th, 2020 at 02:43 AM.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@walkonby , @GoJays

I thought I would post this separately as it is on the “lighter’ side (sort of) re Trump and Friends and the pandemic (and my previous post is already long )

On Tevor Noah’s show ‘The Daily Show ‘ they have what they call ‘moment of zen’ which is usually a clip of something humorous, silly, ironic, absurd. I think the moment of zen from the April 6 is a good trip down memory lane when it comes to Trump & Friends re: covid 19. It starts with clips over the past several months of Fox News commentators (for whom Trump can do no wrong), then clips of Trump himself. Here’s a link to the episode - the moment of zen starts on 21:15 (ends 24:10). Air date April 6.

https://www.ctv.ca/The-Daily-Show-wi...020-vid1782930

Sorry, I don't know how to post the actual video with the message (if i'm allowed to). If so, maybe someone can tell me how to do that...? Thanks
    Last edited by Silk; Fri, Apr 10th, 2020 at 03:18 AM.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    p.s. GoJays, my question for you: Where is the typo in the article? The article is so long that I ended up skimming parts of it (but will probably go back and finish it properly)
    I just went through it two more times and now I can't find it. It was somewhere in the middle of the article. It was just tiny, an -es instead of an -ed at the end of a word, or something like that. I don't remember now. I wonder if they went back and fixed it...

And regarding your video question, the only videos I know how to post are YouTube videos. I don't know if it's possible to post anything else. I'm sure I'm wrong on that as well, I just probably don't know how

Thanks for your response @Silk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    A cool day out today. Will be spending a quiet day reading and watching TV. I am happy my DH has 3 day to rest .Hope his batteries get recharged for Monday .

Didn't do any shopping. Will have to go out some time next week for the basic essentials.

Thread Information