User Tag List

Page 1581 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 581 1081 1481 1531 1571 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1591 1631 1681 ... LastLast
Results 23,701 to 23,715 of 29328
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all.
    Hope everyone is doing well (enough).

Rainy and dreary out here today.
    Stay cool folks.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yeah, here as well @danger_dan This rain has dampened my mood as well as my patio cushions. hrmph!
    Calling out @Natalka !! It's our wedding anniversary!! lol.

Sending you both best wishes on your special day. The walk down the aisle was many moons ago for both of us now, but who's counting? We are doing nada for our day, but I did buy a rather fancy pop up card for DH....It looks like a 3D scene when it is folded out and stood up.
    Nothing says I love you like cardboard! bwahahaha

Name:  Happy Anniversary.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  30.5 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Jul 29th, 2021 at 10:35 AM.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hello

Has any one have a clue where i can find covered ceramic butter dish that actually holds a one pound of butter without cutting it

Thanks
    Skippy, ROMEO and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Hello
    Has any one have a clue where i can find covered ceramic butter dish that actually holds a one pound of butter without cutting it
    Thanks
    Amazon might be your best bet...
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - yes there is a good transit system for the disabled. The problem with me not walking is that I cannot get out of the house to a vehicle - I can get into our van. When I have needed an ambulance, the geurney does not fit through our front door - I have to get into a special cool chair they have that goes down stairs - I have no idea how it works, you don't feel the bump of each step, it's like guiding down. When brought back home, they use a mat of some sort I have to get under me, there are handles so four paramedics carry me back in to my bed. I do not have a wheelchair, this house is not wheelchair-accessible.

Luckily I move fully, I have good muscles and have kept them up in both arms and legs - always amazes the medical people both when I was in hospital, as well as home. So I am not withering away, I am putting in the hard work.

I am glad you "passed" some tests, good luck with the other appointments.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@walkonby - gosh I did not realize the date until I saw your post.
    No gifts or cards here ever. Unless husband mentions something different, supper will be leftover pizza.

Congrats to you and your honey; hoping your day is wonderful!

Name:  facebook_1627578755573_6826560084815576528.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  128.5 KB

The water problem is because of something to do with a water main nearby.
    We are actually quite pi**** because it must have been worse than the city workers thought because it turned out we had NO water - we had only filled a big pot, a jug of water to put in the fridge, and ice. Had we known we would have no water, he would have filled the bathtub (for toilet flushing).

The city had brought a water tank not far down our block, so husband went with two pails. A woman was there, said that tank was empty, but there was another one a block away the other direction. She offered to fill the pails, so she took them and set out walking. Husband walked after her, but as he got halfway there, she was already coming back with two full pails. What an amazing Good Samaritan. She lives across the street, and I think she must have seen him struggling at other times, so it was just so amazing that she did that.

Hoping the work gets done today, but I am rather doubtful. The crew has changed location, though, further down the block the other way.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Amazon might be your best bet...
    Amazon and I have been dating for the past year. 😂🤣
    Skippy likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Anniversary to you both!

I wanted to share a story about when I was a little kid, in the early 80's, the city I grew up in used to 'vibrate the water pipes' to loosen debris and get the water flowing more quickly. So, they had been doing this in our neighbourhood, and making the usual bundle of noise.

My mum had been getting she and I ready to go do groceries and as she was going out (out the basement into the garage then out) she passed the water meter, and the dial was spinning out of control. So, she passed the City crew down the street and asked one of the guys if they were done and she tried to mention about the meter. The guy said to talk to the 'boss', who came over and again, my mum said that the meter was spinning. The boss said a few expletives and started running back to the house with the rest of the crew, so my mum turned around, went back to the house, and it turns out that they had broken the pipes and thousands of gallons of water were under our house.

The basement had to be dug out and re-poured eventually, the driveway dug up and re-done, there were sump pumps everywhere and then a bunch of engineering types had to make sure the house wouldn't collapse.--It was fine eventually, and I think the city stopped doing that to pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @walkonby - gosh I did not realize the date until I saw your post.
    No gifts or cards here ever. Unless husband mentions something different, supper will be leftover pizza.

Congrats to you and your honey; hoping your day is wonderful!

Name:  facebook_1627578755573_6826560084815576528.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  128.5 KB

The water problem is because of something to do with a water main nearby.
    We are actually quite pi**** because it must have been worse than the city workers thought because it turned out we had NO water - we had only filled a big pot, a jug of water to put in the fridge, and ice. Had we known we would have no water, he would have filled the bathtub (for toilet flushing).

The city had brought a water tank not far down our block, so husband went with two pails. A woman was there, said that tank was empty, but there was another one a block away the other direction. She offered to fill the pails, so she took them and set out walking. Husband walked after her, but as he got halfway there, she was already coming back with two full pails. What an amazing Good Samaritan. She lives across the street, and I think she must have seen him struggling at other times, so it was just so amazing that she did that.

Hoping the work gets done today, but I am rather doubtful. The crew has changed location, though, further down the block the other way.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @Lynn49 - yes there is a good transit system for the disabled. The problem with me not walking is that I cannot get out of the house to a vehicle - I can get into our van. When I have needed an ambulance, the geurney does not fit through our front door - I have to get into a special cool chair they have that goes down stairs - I have no idea how it works, you don't feel the bump of each step, it's like guiding down. When brought back home, they use a mat of some sort I have to get under me, there are handles so four paramedics carry me back in to my bed. I do not have a wheelchair, this house is not wheelchair-accessible.

Luckily I move fully, I have good muscles and have kept them up in both arms and legs - always amazes the medical people both when I was in hospital, as well as home. So I am not withering away, I am putting in the hard work.

I am glad you "passed" some tests, good luck with the other appointments.
    Oh, cool that you have good arm and leg muscles! 🤗
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    Happy Anniversary to you both!

I wanted to share a story about when I was a little kid, in the early 80's, the city I grew up in used to 'vibrate the water pipes' to loosen debris and get the water flowing more quickly. So, they had been doing this in our neighbourhood, and making the usual bundle of noise.

My mum had been getting she and I ready to go do groceries and as she was going out (out the basement into the garage then out) she passed the water meter, and the dial was spinning out of control. So, she passed the City crew down the street and asked one of the guys if they were done and she tried to mention about the meter. The guy said to talk to the 'boss', who came over and again, my mum said that the meter was spinning. The boss said a few expletives and started running back to the house with the rest of the crew, so my mum turned around, went back to the house, and it turns out that they had broken the pipes and thousands of gallons of water were under our house.

The basement had to be dug out and re-poured eventually, the driveway dug up and re-done, there were sump pumps everywhere and then a bunch of engineering types had to make sure the house wouldn't collapse.--It was fine eventually, and I think the city stopped doing that to pipes.
    😲😳 Thank goodness @alex78 , that your Mom passed by that meter! You could have lost your home!
    Small (or large in that case) miracles.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby and @Natalka Happy Belated Anniversary to you Both and your DH.
    Skippy, Natalka, ROMEO and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ty @flemeth ! Good morning @danger_dan
    It is the calm before the long weekend storm!! ( a 4 day one for my DH )
    The day started out with me dreading having to drive out to get litter and mealworms, then it quickly changed as I was able to order them both online ( petsmart ) and delivery was free!
    Same day delivery too!

( an small update , if anyone is interested )

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/235116...3/#post7162064
    Skippy and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well another little life update from me...

I am applying to another new job... But this time not with Loblaw, with Community Care St.Catharines & Thorold! I saw a Facebook post they had looking for a Food Room Coordinator, similar in description to our Day Grocery Manager (Working with warehouse for orders, lows, and surpluses, training new volunteers, and organizing the food room). This is the first job in quite some time that has come up anywhere that I REALLY want! I am going as far as pulling as many references together as I can and writing a great cover letter for it this weekend... I'm hoping that I can at least get an interview, considering I volunteer there (Pre-Covid), and already know the CEO.

Wish my luck in this potential future life path!!
    Skippy, Lynn49 and alex78 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well another little life update from me...

I am applying to another new job... But this time not with Loblaw, with Community Care St.Catharines & Thorold! I saw a Facebook post they had looking for a Food Room Coordinator, similar in description to our Day Grocery Manager (Working with warehouse for orders, lows, and surpluses, training new volunteers, and organizing the food room). This is the first job in quite some time that has come up anywhere that I REALLY want! I am going as far as pulling as many references together as I can and writing a great cover letter for it this weekend... I'm hoping that I can at least get an interview, considering I volunteer there (Pre-Covid), and already know the CEO.

Wish my luck in this potential future life path!!
    @johnb56789 Good Luck will be saying a special prayer that you get this job. Hoping that since you Volunteer there , that you have a good luck getting the job along with your references and experience in the Retail industry
    Skippy and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information