User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a PC offer for 35% off the jumbo 30 roll pack of TP at RCSS. Plus I have a personal offer for PC TP so I think this may be a good time to redeem and stock us up.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have decided you just have to laugh.

Yesterday was really really busy, I could not walk away from my computer or phone. Since I did not take any breaks I decided I would stop working around 3, figure out dinner and get a few things. Nope, the universe had other plans for me.

Turns out one of our fax servers was/is down. The location is under renovations and someone unhooked it thinking we no longer use it, opps. Unfortunately, they hooked it back up, but it still is not working. So I became the middle man between the works in the branch and our IT department as they tried to trouble shoot.

As well, we were supposed to download new software onto our computers and mine said no. I find it funny, I am the System Administrator but my computer was the one that said no. So IT wanted to do a zoom session at 4 pm to try to get it work. Took just over an hour but the program is now on my computer.

Mom did not go shopping yesterday so I will need to find a time to do some shopping. Maybe after work today, we will see. I need to shop but it is super cold out, so I do not want to leave the house. Bonus to working remotely, I do not have to dig out my car at 6 am in the dark and I do not have to go out on super cold days.

Time to start planning for next week, I need to grocery shop, write our meal plan and plan my to-do-list.

Happy Friday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF.

Had a few minutes before my next meeting so cleaned the kitchen and started prepping dinner. Got the bruschetta mix ready (tomatoes/garlic/olive oil/pepper/basil) Put it in the fridge so it will be ready when heating up the food. After my meeting I am going to cook the chicken and mushrooms.
    Then after my 3rd meeting I will cook the pasta and get the sauce simmering. So then it will be all ready after my 4th meeting and can put all in a pan to heat up Cleaning the kitchen up as I go and then we can put our dishes in the dishwasher. Oldest DS emptied the dishwasher last night which was great.

Its cold out but I need to get out for a walk tonight.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went out this morning into a store walmart as i needed a toy to give as a gift for my granddaughter (i had such anxiety but i double masked and stayed away from people )wasnt that busy anyways as its super cold out .

I did manage to see twin sheet sets for 26.88 super soft serta on an end cap .so put that in my buggy as my sheets just ripped for my twin bed spare room( i sleep in here some nights when hubby is snoring too much or i wish to read)

Then grabbed milk ,bread , bag of 2.00 reduced apples ,bananas and was on my way ,still seeing people with masks under their noses (really pisses me off excuse the language ,this far into living in this world and still ) I guess people are fed up but still.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I made two crock pot meals today, so dinner was ready as soon as I finished at 6pm, its my choice to work 10-6. DS1 prepped the vegetables and we had beef and mushrooms using up the end of the tenderloin of two Christmas's ago and some cremini mushrooms that were not long in the world, it was devoured and we have no leftovers. Now I am making a chicken thighs in a tomato sauce using up more mushrooms and some mini peppers that had been lost in the fridge from Christmas, this will go into the freezer for a future dinner as we are planning on takeout Saturday.
    DH has put his new treadmill together so I will likely do my walk indoors on Saturday as we are supposed to be very cold in this part of Ontario.
    Happy Weekend everyone.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS to check out the price of the Club Toilet paper $19.99 less 35% so $12.99 each.

My total was $40.05 so I redeemed $40 in PC pts and paid 5 cents and received 4,700 PC pts back on the TP
    I got:

2 X TP Club pack
    6 pk romaine hearts
    5Lb bag of oranges
    Bananas

Now I have everything to make taco salad (peppers and cucumbers in fridge and even green onion DS bought) open bag of nacho chips from other night. Tons of cheese and sour cream and salsa. Pulled a few packages of beef from freezer to make the taco meat tomorrow. Dinner plan done now for Saturday night

We have 4 very ripe bananas so will make French toast for breakfast for DS topped with bananas and an orange on the side and pancakes on Sunday with the fruit.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Jan 14th, 2022 at 06:55 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Better day today.

It was a quieter today which was much needed. Not much I had to do for the person I was covering so I finally got to be me. I could have taken some time for house stuff but truth be told I did not. My work was flowing, I was getting things done, things were coming off my to-do-list and was in a good rhythm.

Tomorrow I will focus on the house.

It was Mom's Bday today and she choose panzerotti for dinner so no cooking for us tonight.

Thought about going grocery shopping tomorrow morning but it is supposed to feel like -32, nope I will stay home.

Finally Friday night, going to shut off the laptop and not stare at the screen for a bit
    Giseledta likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

End of the week... thank goodness. my energy level is zippo.

tommorrow i pick up my moms grocery order.. my plan is to make pizza dough tomorrow afternoon.. i will send some over to her via my oldest daughter.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    My plan had been to write my meal plan, my to-do-list and make my plans before I went to bed last night. Nope, I was too tired so I just went to bed.

Other than Mom's bday we did not do take out last week but we also had a lot of quick meals off our meal plan. I think my plan for this coming week will be some slow cooker meals. Things I can pop in the slow cooker in the morning or on lunch so dinner is ready when my work day is done. Now to find some slow cooker recipes.

We are hoping the person I have been covering will be back on Monday so hopefully this coming week I can just be me and it will be a calmer week.

I really need to find a chance to go grocery shopping but at -23 without the wind chill this morning, today was not the day especially since I need to go to a few different stores.

I really need to find some focus, I feel like I have really been struggling to keep focus these last 2 weeks.

Happy Saturday Everyone and for those in Ontario, keep warm.
    Skippy and Giseledta like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Happy Belated Birthday to your mom @SassyAshley

I was going to SDM for there $4.99 Paper towels since I have some $5.00 coupon from a promo and a PCO points offer but decided I don’t want to leave the house since it’s very cold.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

I was going to go out this morning and go to Walmart to get my steps in but everyone did a terrible job parking last night that I could not get out without waking someone to move vehicle. Oh well I made and egg on an English muffin and will surf for a bit and go out later.

My List today:
    Tidy diningroom, wash floor.
    Clean Family room from Christmas (we took tree down just need to send gift to everyones room etc) Dust and wash floor.
    Get laundry sorted and started.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

lol FBM-you are nicer then me. I probably would have woken them up so they parked more carefully next time. Sounds like a busy day you have lined up-so far mine is pretty lazy with little on the to do list.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wish me luck, I'm going for my booster today. Hope to get Pfizer as Moderna didn't agree with me.

@coupongirl I agree with how frustrating it is to see people with masks under their noses. I was on the bus and a lady got on with no mask and the bus driver said nothing! I moved to the back of the bus. On the way home, another woman had her mask off, when I spoke to the woman she was rude, so I went up to the bus driver and he said that they can't enforce the rule. What??? I noticed the female bus drivers enforce the mandatory mask wearing but the male drivers don't. What is the point of that?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just popping in to share that Metro has roast beast(beef for non-whos) Platinum grill angus inside round roast or value pack steak(whatever all that means in English) 11.00/kg 4.99/lb. I snagged two which cut up will make 4. Also Christmas pudding, Egg Nog and (creepy)Elf on the shelf cereal @ 75% off.
    With bonus Air Miles the Nog came out to 45 cents each and with a $1.00 coupon the cereal was free!
    Bonus since I don’t eat that cereal going to food bank.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Skippy - great deals!!!

Shopping done

12 500 in pc points, 38.00 ish in price matching . 1.00 c051.. 50c in ecipsa.

made a few pizza kits. prepped some bonesless chicken stuffed with ham and cheese.

i fully expect the next few weeks will be totally messy... so i want a few grab and go stuff to get supper on the table.
    Hubby and i are making a effort not to get take out.

making pizza dough later.. now just resting.
    i should go down and work for a hour on my desk. it needs love.

to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information