User Tag List

Page 2451 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 1451 1951 2351 2401 2441 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2461 2501 2551 ... LastLast
Results 36,751 to 36,765 of 38275
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Going to make Homemade Chicken Tenders with Homemade Air Fryer Fries, Caesar Salad and to dip the tenders Homemade Copycat Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Its been Turkey the past couple of days! made a turkey pot pie this evening from some of the leftover veggies, turkey, stuffing, gravy, etc
    ROMEO, Angela273, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Some of our recent meals were…
    spaghetti and meatballs with fresh carrot sticks.
    chicken salad on a toasted bagel
    oven baked chicken thighs with M&C, fresh grapes, and steamed cauliflower.
    Steak with mushrooms, M&C, steamed California veggies.

Next supper plan is marinated pork roast, potato and onion foil bake, unsweetened applesauce…still decide I have how to cook a package of fresh mushrooms…
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Want to try out our New Bread Machine so making Homemade Pizza. My mushrooms went bad, so tonight will just be Pepperoni, Onions, Bacon, Cheddar & Parm
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Another experimental cooking method for me. I've cooked all kinds of beef, steaks, roasts and the process has never changed. Sear all sides dark in a cast iron pan, finish off in a lower oven ( 300 say ) or finish off in the pressure cooker ( as in stew ).
    Well today when I visited Metro they tempted me with their Prime Rib Roasts. I invested $43 for an approx. 4.5 lb one.

Just to be sure I Googled " what is the best way to cook a PR roast ? "Shocker! They do not recommend my tried and true sear first, cook after method. They recommended a reverse sear approach. I watched 3 different chefs videos.

Sadly, I did not have the time to do all the " waiting " steps, like letting the darn thing sit all rubbed with salt in the fridge uncovered for a day! I gave that 3 hours, then smeared the butter herb mixture all on top. Another rest period of 2 hours while it came back to room temp.
    It is now in a 200 degree oven for approx. 1 hour and 23 min. If at that point the internal temp says 130-135 I am o.k, with that. DH does not like blood running from his beef, so DS and I will have to tolerate it cooked medium well instead of medium rare.
    After the 200 degree cooking it must rest covered in foil for an hour, then finally it gets returned to a preheated 500 degree oven for just 10 minutes.
    They claim it will brown and crust up on all sides in that final cooking. It better because we're kind of salivating and tired of waiting.
    Sides are reheated Christmas veggies and spuds!
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Dec 28th, 2021 at 07:01 PM.
    ROMEO, SnowFlakey, crafter and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

On a mission to clean out the freezer on the bottom of our fridge....tonight we had homemade pasta sauce pulled from the freezer with penne and ceaser salad.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Decided on Beef Stew with Homemade Dinner Rolls.

Wasn't sure Mom would want Stew as she mentioned her Tummy was off but when I said it her only comment was, if you make Stew we need to make Buns. I can do that.

In the Stew will be Carrots and Potatoes with a Garden Cocktail base.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nachos for dinner using some left over taco meat in the freezer.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Last night's dinner was enjoyed...eventually...lol. We ate at 9 p.m. and the candles DH has set out were half burned away! lol
    If I make this prime Rib Roast again using the reverse searing method again I will certainly make sure I do not " skip over " some of the waiting steps.
    They are important it seems. I'll definitely have it sit rubbed with salt in the fridge uncovered for a full 24 hrs. Will for sure allow it to come back to room temp. ( 2+ hours apparently ) before I do the first low temp. cook.
    The beef drippings were just pouring off once that final 500 degree cook happened.
    The drippings were turned into a rich thin gravy ( red wine added and thickened just slightly with toasted flour/water mixture )

This morning I cut all the remaining meat into small diced bits, added some of the remaining spuds and veg to make 2 meat pies. Used the very last of the roasted sweet potatoes from Christmas to make up a small batch of soup. Added white wine to that.

The turkey carcass is in the freezer....I think a soup is not far off in the future.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight we will have:

chicken and steak -( odds I found in freezer) corn, green beans, perogies (So much sour cream in fridge) and ceaser salad

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Since we are not sure when we will be able to have Christmas Dinner with Bro & his Fiancee, we will have the Ham we bought for Christmas Dinner tonight with Mashed Potatoes and Veggies. I still need to decide on the veggies, we have Butternut Squash, Brussel Sprouts, Carrots, Corn, just need to pick one or two.
    walkonby, SnowFlakey and crafter like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

using up some pork tenderloin and chicken from the freezer. I'm going to make broccoli and pork stir fry and chicken fried rice. We also have some of those tasty M&M spring rolls in the the freezer.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

probably Prime Rib Meat Pie. coleslaw on the side

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Was craving pita bread with chicken skewers and tomatoes and lettuce with tzaziki sauce
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We made the monster cookie squares. Supper was hash brown casserole, leftover roast pork, salad, steamed cauliflower/broccoli/carrots, unsweetened applesauce.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Thread Information