User Tag List

Page 1034 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 34 534 934 984 1024 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1044 1084 1134 1534 2034 ... LastLast
Results 15,496 to 15,510 of 38274
Like Tree169189Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, that's a big variety of foods for him; he's doing really well!
    No extra suggestions for you, you're going great! Just having him eat whatever he can out of what you are making for meals is the best way to do it - that way you won't get a picky eater, and he'll be used to home cooking!
    harbie, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

He might like canned baked beans or other canned or dry cooked beans such as kidney or chick peas. I was feeding the triplets canned baked beans the other day and they were eating them like candy-I guess they are a little sweet-they wanted to eat them with their hands so a bit messy but not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm not sure what is for supper tonight.

Here's my update.

Tuesday: I cooked bacon with some fresh mushrooms and celery. I used a can of mushroom soup and some seasoning to make a sauce. I served it over egg noodles with a big glass of milk.

Wednesday: Fish sticks ($1 for the box), hash browns (50c for half the bag), broccoli (35c worth), and some peas (25c worth?)

Thursday: ?

Friday: ?

Saturday: dh requested that I thaw a pork loin for him to cook up.

Sunday: Home made lasagna (leaving this to the weekend because then dh and I can do it together).

Our son is 11 months old right now. He's a pretty good eater, but he does not like any type of pasta and he only eats potatoes occasionally. He's like his dad and LOVES all types of crackers. He really likes his dry Rice Krispies, and Cheerios some too. He LOVES avocado, so he gets that often. He'll eat most veggies and fruit (apples, bananas, cherries, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, cooked pears, preaches (sometimes), nectarines (sometimes), peas, sweet potato, broccoli (sometimes), carrots (sometimes), etc.) He likes ham, chicken, and roast deer. He's not so sure about beef. He'll also eat eggs. He likes cheese. We give him marble cheese. Last week was his first time having cottage cheese and he liked it better when I mixed it with some avocado or apple sauce.

Any interesting suggestions of other foods or meals to try with him?

He's not supposed to have milk, berries, or nuts until he is a year old.
    harbie, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm not sure what is for supper tonight.

Here's my update.

Tuesday: I cooked bacon with some fresh mushrooms and celery. I used a can of mushroom soup and some seasoning to make a sauce. I served it over egg noodles with a big glass of milk.

Wednesday: Fish sticks ($1 for the box), hash browns (50c for half the bag), broccoli (35c worth), and some peas (25c worth?)

Thursday: ?

Friday: ?

Saturday: dh requested that I thaw a pork loin for him to cook up.

Sunday: Home made lasagna (leaving this to the weekend because then dh and I can do it together).

Our son is 11 months old right now. He's a pretty good eater, but he does not like any type of pasta and he only eats potatoes occasionally. He's like his dad and LOVES all types of crackers. He really likes his dry Rice Krispies, and Cheerios some too. He LOVES avocado, so he gets that often. He'll eat most veggies and fruit (apples, bananas, cherries, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, cooked pears, preaches (sometimes), nectarines (sometimes), peas, sweet potato, broccoli (sometimes), carrots (sometimes), etc.) He likes ham, chicken, and roast deer. He's not so sure about beef. He'll also eat eggs. He likes cheese. We give him marble cheese. Last week was his first time having cottage cheese and he liked it better when I mixed it with some avocado or apple sauce.

Any interesting suggestions of other foods or meals to try with him?

He's not supposed to have milk, berries, or nuts until he is a year old.
    Looks like he's getting all kinds of variety! DS used to love scrambled eggs, but won't touch them now, same with cottage cheese, he LOVED that stuff. He never used to like potatoes when he was little either, but now can eat piles!
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm attempting cabbage rolls...though I don't have a recipe. Does anyone know approx how long to bake in the oven for? I'm doing a vegetarian dish so just the cooked rice mixture in the middle of the cabbage. My rice is cooked and in the pot, waiting on water to boil to throw my head of cabbage in, and then I will put everything together and stuff my cabbage. Using pasta sauce instead of tomato soup because I hate the taste of tomato soup I am thinking of putting them in the oven for half an hour thoughts? Also, covered or not covered?
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I would think you'd only have to make sure the cabbage cooks to tenderness. and i would leave the lid on increasing that possibility faster.
    im making a stir fry with turkey strips and peppers.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    I would think you'd only have to make sure the cabbage cooks to tenderness. and i would leave the lid on increasing that possibility faster.
    im making a stir fry with turkey strips and peppers.

I'm doing it in a casserole dish...but some recipes online say cover and others say no but to keep spooning the sauce over it every 15min so I'm confused on what to actually do! I've never made them homemade before. We used to get really good store bought ones ages ago in the frozen section at the grocery store but I haven't seen them in years and had a craving! I don't like cooking meat though so did all rice. They look really good so now to just throw in the oven and hope they work out! LOL
    SassyAshley likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    He might like canned baked beans or other canned or dry cooked beans such as kidney or chick peas. I was feeding the triplets canned baked beans the other day and they were eating them like candy-I guess they are a little sweet-they wanted to eat them with their hands so a bit messy but not bad.
    He has had pureed kidney beans. He only liked to eat them mixed into his avocado. He'll eat virtually anything if it is mixed into pureed avocado. We haven't tried any brown beans yet. Sounds like something to give him before a bath...making for easy cleanup.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did some grocery shopping today and stocked up on some stuff. I picked up a family pack of lean ground beef from the CO-OP for $2.49lb (limit 1). I am going to use half of it to make meatballs. If I decide there are extras, I will freeze some cooked meatballs for another meal. The rest of the meatballs will be made into sweet and sour meatballs with rice. The other half of the package will turn into lasagna on Sunday.

I also thought we might make blueberry pancakes with maple flavoured bacon for either lunch or breakfast on the weekend.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Aug 16th, 2013 at 07:12 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Energy drink
    harbie likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

We had mexican quiche & spinach salad.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Got sushi delivered. Ohhh yes.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Last night we had crock pot pulled pork with ceaser salad. Tonight we are bbqing fish with salad
    Natalka, harbie, Candini and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Rose, so sorry I missed your post, I could have helped out with the cabbage rolls.

Tonight will be Free-for-all Fridge Friday! Whatever leftovers are in the fridge, or whatever you want to put together for yourself, lol!

Too hot to cook!

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Me : steak marinated in Shish taouk sauce , mashed potatoes with mustard

DF : steak marinated in BBQ sauce and steak spice , mushroom rice

With tomatoes , cucumbers fresh from the garden and oregano/olive oil bread .

DD well she picked in everything lol.

And yes sometimes I have to cool two sides cause I don't like rice so much and LOVE potatoes and DF HATES potatoes and LOVES rice *sigh*
    harbie, Angela273, vesper and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Today was another episode of clean-out-the-fridge-before-your-produce-goes-off lasagne. This one included green peppers, half a tray of mushrooms, tomatoes, and OLD onions. I was really happy to get the onions out of there... they were getting super iffy. Stopped at No Frills on the way home and picked up a can of Unico pasta sauce ($0.97) and oven-ready lasagne noodles ($1.97).

Also picked up a bag of cherries that was only $3.50!!! Great dessert treat. If only cherries didn't have pits.
    harbie, vesper and SassyAshley like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Thread Information