User Tag List

Page 128 of 654 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 228 628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I am still thinking about this this morning. I don't understand why saying just "excuse me" isn't enough. The fact that I asked her nicely to move, and said anything at all, rather than pushing her out of the way is polite, right?

I ask this because it isn't the first time this year a random person in a store has yelled at me about not adding "please" after I say "excuse me." (And yes, I always say thank you when I don't get a lecture for no reason). I don't understand. Is there some kind of new etiquette I haven't heard about? Just plain "excuse me" has gotten me by my whole life with no issues, so...huh?
    Next time just push her and then say excuse me please

Thursday I took my mil to Toronto for appt, I drop her off at the street corner go get parked and then my 18 month old and I go and meet up with MIL. Well the entrance to the building is right in front of a bus stop and only one side of the building door opens to go in. Of course there's a lady standing in front of the door that opens, so I say excuse me, she doesn't move, say excuse me again she ignores me, so I open the door and am trying to squeeze past her and I guess dd's foot/hand/some body part grazed her (definitely wasn't a full out hit or kick as dd clings to me for dear life when we're in Toronto cus she's not used to all the noiser people) and she starts yelling "your kid hit me! She needs to apologize!" Like really? I said excuse me you chose to ignore me and now its my fault my kid brushed against you? And do you really think even if my toddler could say sorry, I'd make her say it because you're stupid and ignorant?
    I also got screamed at for driving the wrong way down a one way street(there were absolutely NO signs indicating this was a one street, so unless I lived in that area how the hell am I supposed to know?), got attitude for asking an employee at the Yonge and Bloor Street Bay store if there was an elevator, and had a lady me out for taking a stroller in the Shoppers at Hudson Bay centre because they were renovating and there's no room for a stroller(but she had a cart which actually took up more room than my stroller).
    I chalk Thursday up to a cranky people in Toronto day

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

20 cm snow

Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sat, Mar 22nd, 2014 at 09:37 PM.
    ROMEO, GoJays, macw1960 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

maybe not Patty... we were supposed to get 5-10cm the other night and ended up with only about 2cm that was melted before the afternoon
    ROMEO, macw1960, i_forget and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    maybe not Patty... we were supposed to get 5-10cm the other night and ended up with only about 2cm that was melted before the afternoon
    When I wrote that we already had it, it snowed all day and today we are getting snow squalls yahhooo !
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I wanted to take the kids to the muppet movie today. dh has my debit card and in order to get it back I would have to find 2.25$ for the bus, meet him at work at 1:30 (hoping he isn't stuck in a call or delayed in anyway) go to the band and take out money, run across the street and try to make change so I could take another bus for 2.25$ to the theatre for a movie that starts at 2:05 (later movies are not an option because the buses end early on Sunday.) since there is no way I could make it in time I guess we will just have to stay in and watch some of the many Disney movies we have here. I guess Frozen, Tangled, and whatever other boy movies the kids pick out because they don't want to watch my Frozen or Tangled movies anymore lol
    ROMEO likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    When I wrote that we already had it, it snowed all day and today we are getting snow squalls yahhooo !
    ahh, my sympathies
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    20 cm snow

Yuck! Enough with the snow already. We had about 10cm last night but the sun has finally come out today.
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

There's a lady who goes through my recycle bin every garbage day. Today she leaves me a note in my mailbox asking me to "Please start sorting my recycling and she'd appreciate it if I also rinsed my cans better because she's tired of of getting liquid all over herself and inside her bags". Umm you're essentially digging through GARBAGE, what do you expect?

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Missed out on the latest Smartsource once again, meanwhile there are people sitting on hundreds of the insert. Sigh

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I NEED to stop buying shampoo/hair stuff, lol. Just. can't. stop.
    $.50 L'oreal conditioners and treatments from WM are too hard to resist!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Another snow storm today

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Yesterday was so nice, this morning we wake up to yet another dump of freakin' snow! To make matters worse we didn't plan enough time for snow blowing the driveway (since we thought it was finally Spring) and the plow went by and snowed us in.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

People trading the $4 Sunlight coupons as if they're FPC's, lmfao

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Tired but I can't sleep. My old-as computer keeps giving me problems.
    Linda Evans likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I hate public transit, so I specifically purchased a vehicle so I wouldn`t have to take it.

So I had to take the bus today for the first time in a long time (And hopefully the last) It's 11 am and there's a guy drinking Merlot right from a bottle with kids on board from high school.
    Classy!

I arrive to my destination. I`m back on the bus around 12.45pm, a first nation Canadian comes on the bus. He tosses his cigarette and blows smoke on board. The driver tells him to get off, exhale completely then come back. He flips out. I`m Indian! She's like it doesn`t matter. It's illegal to smoke on the bus or in the terminal. He's still flipping out.

I don`t care if you are Santa. Smoking smells like sh*t. I don`t want to breathe that, confined in a bus where people already smell like poor hygiene.

He calms down and starts speaking to the driver. She says she's not allowed to talk to passengers while she's driving. He flips again, drivers always talk to me! I`m Indian!

I`m extremely against white privilege but as a first Canadian you`re not entitled to harass people or harm their health.

Thread Information