User Tag List

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Andit the brats look so smart in their costumes/coats
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl it was certainly worth the trip to your Metro that is closing, great savings
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to library -printed out my shoppers deals
    -son asked us to babysit tonight at 6-no problem -she goes to between 7.45 and 8
    sold book on kijij 3.00-have made 136.00 so far-had to buy a new toilet -so i figure that helps pay for that-plus had to ad some money so my hubbies extra runs pay for that
    -man those suckers are heavy in the box(toilets) -helped hubby get it in the house-no way am i helping him up a flight of stairs(14 stairs) I would end up having a heartattack -over a toilet-lol
    v

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Why oh Why is it when you are cleaning up it tends to look worse before it looks better??????????????????????????
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Furnace is now on. The house was 16 when I came home from lacrosse (outdoors) this afternoon and it was snowing, waa.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thank goodness for candles. they are our saving grace instead of turning on the heat(which is electric $$)
    was off early this morning to last day of a sale. 50% off all items.
    I picked up a new black dress for christmas dinner out with the family.
    it still had a label/ticket/ attached.. $125... it was $12.. i got it for $6~!
    best deal of the day.
    then dh and i picked up my 'new' old hutch for my dining room. $25. just need to convince dh it will look awesome painted. he says leave it natural and just paint out where the laminate came off. who will win??
    tomorrow is 'attempt' to get it all done day.
    with dh on holidays next weekend for two weeks. we also got enough groceries to hopefully last two weeks. going to have to hide some
    heh i my new buffet lol.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Mrs. S.-my parents heat with electric and yikes those are scary bills. I can't complain as we heat (oven/dryer/hot water heater) with gas and come it at 97.00 a month. I love that our natural gas provider increased my equal billing despite the fact we still don’t pay for the full 12 months. But the delivery changes are increasing so I am sure that is the logic. I think I would go for painted as well. There are so many cool options.
    We cheated for dinner tonight and ordered in pizza as DS#2 had a gluten free friend over for the day and I had the stuff on hand for lunch we decided pizza was more fun for supper. The boys have a few GF friends so we always keep GF pasta and stuff on hand.
    I am just catching up the budget and planning for the new month. What a difference this makes. DH and I have become so aware of the random bits of money we spend and have done great at curbing that. I think we each had over 15 days this month that we did not spend money.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, we're back from the wedding. Everything went pretty well, but most things ran about 30min late the entire day. The groom's truck needs a water pump replaced, so dh spent the last two days driving them around. The bride and groom ultimately caught a ride all the way home with us (live in Estevan). They were certainly disappointed with the service at the hall, and I can certainly understand why. Everyone is exhausted and glad that it is all over. The entire bridal party looked great. I might post a couple pictures when we get digital copies from the photographer.

We stopped at the Sears outlet store. I picked up a pair of Sorel (if I remember correctly) winter boots for $50+ tax vs $120. Also picked up 2 sets of sheets with pillow cases for our bed for $20.99+ taxes because both our ours recently ripped. The hotel room was $71.99 a night through our friend's discount and we ate the continental breakfast both days. LO was up VERY early both days and didn't sleep through either night. I am certainly looking forward to some good quality sleep.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

we decided to leave it as is and fix the bare areas. im going to get some moulding and paint and 'trim' it out. Name:  dinette 001.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  48.1 KB
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am finished my first draft of report cards...the hardest part. Still some tweaking...but not much work left.

Went to SDM today and bought three costumes $5 each. A bee and lady bug for my daughters and SuperMario for a friend's son. Too good a deal to pass!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

We have sunshine but it's deceptive. It's coooold!!!!! Even Lily dog was not in the mood to be outside. Always fun to deal with the time change, the brats don't believe it applies to them. Needless to say, we're up & at em early.

I went hunting for chocolate deals yesterday & the store hadn't marked anything down yet. On the plus side, I ran into a neighbour & ended up keeping her company while she shopped at a few stores. A bit sore today from overdoing it, but, hey, I had fun so it's all good. Besides, it's a great excuse to avoid housework.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Andit-either Quincy is living up to the nocturnal nature of his clan or he too is super unhappy like us humans about the low light levels this week. Upside-both Lily & Quincy will perk up on the milder Monday and Tuesday! Just have to get through this weekend!
    Yep, he was very cranky about the lack of sunshine - one of his favourite things to do is fight with Lily dog over who gets to nap in the sunny spot. He's in a very happy mood today with the sunlight pouring in and not letting Lily have any (how can such a little critter take up soooo much room???).

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

man I feel like crap(sore throat -achy)-babysat last night til 1.00 a.m hubby dropped his mcdonald' coffee on their floor then son/wife comes in at 1.00 a.m he is carrying 3 beers and drop one ugg so helping them clean up beer and broken glass(I don't know why he didnt leave the 3 beer at his best friends house(yes I know why he is cheap and thrifty like me)it was nice to see them get out they played board games with other couples(the didn't want to ask us-as i babysat 2days -but I said no problem
    -will rest up we are going to Toronto at 2.30 when baby wakes up -to see daughter/hubby

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Why oh Why is it when you are cleaning up it tends to look worse before it looks better??????????????????????????
    I hear ya on that one. My place looks like a tornado has passed through here. Between trying to find Halloween stuff (that I put in a safe place, sigh) and digging out winter clothes, you'd think a burglar tossed the place. Plus there are toys everywhere cause someone's decided to milk her booboo for all it's worth and doesn't have to do any chores. And then there's my little pervert who steals my underwear from the closet to use as a pillow in the middle of the room. I think I'm living in a very bad sitcom.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Yesterday went pretty well, I got the laundry done as well I washed the blankets we keep on the couch to keep warm. As well Mom was working so I did her bedding, I really do not mind doing this as I do not like her carrying laundry baskets up and down the basement stairs as she fallen before doing this and she even said Thank you. I know that seems small but it is a big thing as normally instead of acknowledging what I have gotten done she points out what I have not gotten done.

As well yesterday I got two piles removed from our living room and have started working on the third. The third one is the one that scares me the most it has ALOT of Mom's stuff in it and normally I would skip it for the time being but this is where I want to put a heater for the winter to try to help us keep the house warm and maybe just maybe lower our Hydro Bills. We heat on electric and well comes the colder months it is not pretty my bills pretty much go up 4x times higher in the winter than summer it is ridiculous especially since we do everything off peak and keep the heat low and freeze. It is ridiculous Mom was talking to some of our other neighbours and their bills get as high as $900 per month come winter, if that was us I think I would in a corner shaking.

Trying to figure out what my best options are to try and sell some stuff in our house. I am trying to get my mom to see we cannot keep everything our house is just not big enough and we could really use the money to help with things that need to be done around like putting shelving in the basement. I think we are going to go to the Habitat for Humanity Re Store and see what they have we have heard of some people getting some really great deals there. But I am not really sure where I want to post things for sale, I have joined a few groups but and looked at Kijiji and Ebay but not sure what is best for us. Plus there is the whole other issue of getting Mom to agree to sell things. I mean seriously no joke we have enough plastic containers and storage containers in our house for all 24 hours in our complex but Mom keeps saying if they are good why get rid of them where is I say lets try selling some of them as we have containers we have had for years and never used and live in boxes in our dinning room.

As for today thinking of having a lazy day with my coupons, only thing I have to do today is make some cereal for the week as I ran out on Friday. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information