User Tag List

Page 1312 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 312 812 1212 1262 1302 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1322 1362 1412 1812 ... LastLast
Results 19,666 to 19,680 of 29356
Like Tree118519Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hello, everyone!

I am back to feeling a lot more like myself - I don't like to post when I am hurting badly, feeling yucky, etc.
    Yesterday was just a horrid day of my weekly med's side effects - and the night before I had not slept at all. Just such yuck to go through, especially with all my other ickies still in full bloom...

Today i am just so glad I feel this much better - I feel so very sorry for my husband who would move heaven and earth to help me in any way, and I have to get him up sometimes during the night as well.

Nurse will come tomorrow to check my legs. Skin hasn't hurt much these past few days.
    My legs want to be nekkid SO badly! Too bad they are only free for a few minutes when the Cobands are changed.
    The nurse who was here Tuesday said she just couldn't get over how good I looked - I am not sure how long it was since I had seen her, but she said I was a very, very sick woman then. She was also happy by how well I could move on the bed - others have said that, as well. In hospital, two aides would show up with the nurse to do something - e.g. to have me turn from side to side, they assumed I couldn't do it, but I could always do moving in bed by myself. Scootching, though, man I hated schooching to get up higher in the bed so my feet weren't dangling. Oh, yeah, and it always surprised people to find out I was as tall as I am. I think people are conditioned to think short and fat...

That is it for now, hoping you all have a lovely evening!

Name:  baby_black_panther.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  211.5 KB

Here, kitty kitty, errrr... panther!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So good to see you @Natalka and I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better Let's hope the feeling continues

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

TGIF!!!!
    I thought that was hilarious since so many have no idea what day of the week it is. Home is home, there's the couch, the bed, the recliner, the fridge. Priorities.
    I've cooked up a batch of choices this morning.
    Made a very large beef stew, 1 large fry pan of corned beef hash, and 4 crumb coated and baked butterfly pork chops.
    Sides are up to the diners.
    Hope everyone has some kind of a fun long weekend!
    Skippy, Natalka, ROMEO and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't know @walkonby , you seem to have placed the fridge very low on the priority list

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

This is just like Mr. Rogers neighborhood! Always something going on here and there!
    I was going to say how nice it is because it is always sunny and never rains, right...just the opposite as I can hear the traffic going through the puddles! Oh well they say it's going to clear! If I am not mistaken my cat could be more accurate!
    I've been laying low these last few days while dealing with doctor issues,yet I am no further ahead. But if that's the worst of my problems I am still doing better than many! I am blessed!
    Glad to see that @Natalka is back and feeling better but I can't comprehend how @walkonby can accomplish so much so early in the day, while I am struggling to get my caffeine fix now!
    Whatever you do this weekend stay safe and well!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Skippy the reality is old habits are tough to break. 36 years of having to get up well before 5 a.m. for work, followed by that unpaid work once I got home. Talk about feeling blessed ( and lucky ) if this pandemic had happened when we were in the thick of raising the 3 brats, I am not so sure how well we'd have fared.

Shall I blow your mind and tell you I turned that huge beef stew into 2 massive deep dish meat pies? I only had 1 box left of the Dr. Oteker pastry mix, so and I dove in and made a batch from scratch. Aren't food processors the best gadget?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well...good afternoon...
    Had a whole 'good morning...tgif...all well and dandy..." type post written up...then I realized i didn't click 'post' this morning...ah well.

Have a wonderful long weekend everyone.
    Stay safe.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Well...good afternoon...
    Had a whole 'good morning...tgif...all well and dandy..." type post written up...then I realized i didn't click 'post' this morning...ah well.

Have a wonderful long weekend everyone.
    Stay safe.
    oh say it ain't so!! @danger_dan were you experiencing a senior's moment?
    Can't be...must be this virus and all the social distancing.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You people are too much! Hahahaha!!!!

@walkonby, you really are amazing in the morning. I suppose you might be amazing at other times of the day, but you never let us in on that other stuff.
    And YES, absolutely, food processors are the very best at making pastry! Truth be told, I could never make a really nice pastry without it either sticking to the counter, ripping when I put it on, and although I'm not ga-ga over celebrities (barf), Martha Stewart's Pate Brisee has saved me! Process it all together, wrap, stick in the fridge for a half or an hour, divide, roll...sheer perfection! Of course now I can't eat any of it and I haven't tried any gf crusts...took me long enough to find that one!

@Skippy, ah the joys, huh? I was sewing a patio dress for myself today and kept taking rests, but my back is now, pooched, so I'm taking myself, my Hubby and Jennifur into the back yard with a glass of wine (mine) and I shall sit on the swing with the baby and relax! We complain, Skippy, but as you said, there surely are worse out there, so I might elegantly whine from time to time, but I know better than to feel sorry for myself when there are the others who suffer so much more, daily.

Oh! @walkonby, the pattern didn't have any pockets, and I need pockets, so I cut out a pattern from online, and lo and behold...the dress now has pockets!! Hah!!

@danger_dan, like I tell our Daughter when she mentions this or that ache, or when she forgets something, that she's got to remember she's 43 now...there will be more surprises along the way! I never mention that she's pushing 50...my DAUGHTER!!! Pushing 50!! Oh, years from now, but still!!! I don't want her to get old...I mean...I want her to stay young!!!

We're all heading to camp in the morning...the kids plan to leave at 6am to beat the traffic on the swing bridge, haha...good luck with that, we'll leave later but either way we're pretty sure we'll be in very long convoys!!

Toodles for now!!! Wine-time!! Medicinal, of course..my back donchaknow.

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, May 15th, 2020 at 04:42 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Berlin (CNN)A cafe in Germany has celebrated its grand reopening to customers after lockdown by handing out pool noodles to maintain social distancing.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/15/e...m_source=twCNN

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 your upcoming trek to Gods Country sounds absolutely enviable!! Enjoy the entire weekend, sip that wine and stuff those pockets!! Perfect timing that you got your " sittin-around " housecoat thingy all sewed up, but ouchy on your back.
    Sewing can sure do that. The position we sit in leaning forward at just the right angle.

I have lost 3 games in a row ( online backgammon ) so I hrmphed my way off the site for now. Honestly! Who rolls that many doubles in a row?

avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post

Berlin (CNN)A cafe in Germany has celebrated its grand reopening to customers after lockdown by handing out pool noodles to maintain social distancing.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/15/e...m_source=twCNN
    Oh, good...head lice is so much easier to deal with, lol....its like at Montana's where they want to put that disgusting moose costume head on birthday celebrants! Uh, Noooooo!!!!

@walkonby , it won't be ready for tomorrow, and we're not staying the weekend. The kids are, but men...it's supposed to rain on Sunday, Monday....meh...I can wait.
    avoncallingu and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good afternoon!!

Had a relatively decent day, only one meltdown -nausea was terrible, and I really needed sleep. A wee nap mid-aft helped with that.

The home care nurse came in the morning, let me know that my two week restriction was up - no difference to me, but it means the nurses don't have to wear all the protective stuff. It's so awkward for them because they go be car to see patients every half hour, 45 mins, or hour.

Thread Information