User Tag List

Page 722 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 222 622 672 712 720 721 722 723 724 732 772 822 1222 1722 ... LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo! 6-0 for the Leafs against the Flyers!! Andreas Johnsson is the 8th player in Maple Leafs franchise history to score a hat trick in the first period and the first since Wendel Clark on Oct. 11, 1986.
    What a fun game to watch.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Judstir View Post
    Hi everyone it's nice to be back, and seeing so many of our SC friends are still on here. We have been busy this summer and were at our Summer home until August when my hubby fell off a step stool and broke his pelvis in three places. He was in hospital for three weeks. That pretty much ended our time at the lake. When he came home he had six weeks of physio at home. He can walk well now with just his cane. He has been told by his doctor and almost everyone we know plus all our family to stay off step stools and ladders of every kind. He is 82 years old and has had a hip replacement and a stroke. His doctor just shook his head when he saw him at the hospital. I guess Men just hate to give up. Our dog Prince just had surgery on some lumps and will have the stitches out this week. He is also doing well. Guess that brings you up to date with our lives. Hope everyone is well and I suppose getting ready for Christmas soon. Have a good night. Talk again soon.
    @Judstir

So you mean I am not the only one with a stubborn husband?
    Oh well, it is said that stubborn husbands have stubborn wives!

I am glad he has healed well.

How old is Prince? Happy he is doing okay.

But what about you? Hoping all is well!

_______

Gee, I got so pooped out after doing my new exercises! Had to split them in two sessions, but I got all the reps done.

Had a clear the fridge out kind of day for meals, so that was easier on my husband - and all the leftovers were yummy!

I did have a snooze before our late supper, but I sure hope to get to sleep soon.

Sweet dreams, everyone!

Oh, it's a month until Christmas Eve!

Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Nov 24th, 2018 at 11:51 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

We had a great time with our GS yesterday afternoon, he set up our Christmas village on our diningroom buffet and it looks beautiful! Hubby took him home around 8pm and stayed until the kids got home from our DD's staff party.

Today we'll visit our Nephew in the hospital, he's a little older than our DD. He's been receiving radiation and chemotherapy for throat cancer but is in hospital now because his throat is so "burned" that he can't eat, drink or barely speak. His therapies continue every day for the next 2 weeks but he's sleeping "a lot" so I'm assuming he's receiving excellent pain control. He has a feeding tube but even so, he's having trouble keeping it down....sorry for the details, but if you can spare healing thoughts and prayers we'd appreciate it. Thank you.

@Judstir , I hope your Hubby and Prince both continue nicely on the road to recovery.

Later we'll decorate our tree and relax for the rest of the day, it's +2 already thank goodness.

Have a lovely day, everyone.

Oh...if you're looking for a surprisingly good movie for yourselves, suitable for famikies of all ages, watch, "Christmas Chronicles" on netflix! We 3 enjoyed it so much, our GS wants to watch it today with his parents!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Nov 25th, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Lynn49 - Sending positive thoughts and also prayers for your nephew. A very sad situation.

Well, after making my grand announcement at church and delivering my pot luck turkey stew, I high-tailed it home and am comfortably in bed.

I'm feeling awful, but a day of rest (Isn't that what Sunday is supposed to be?) will do me a world of good, I am sure.

@Lynn49 - I have heard nothing but really positive things about The Christmas Chronicles. Maybe I will sign on to Netflicks.

It's about 5° and damp outside. Most of the snow is gone, but icy spots in parking lots.

Hoping you all stay well and for Grey Cup fans- enjoy!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 I will definitely include your nephew in my prayers.

Have fun doing the tree; do you get a big one?

Ah, I really miss having a tree and decorations!

@avoncallingu girl, you need a WEEK off! Hoping you get some relief.

Husband came home from church with sweets - a fruitcake and some cookies. The fruitcake is from where I was hoping, a bakery in Yorkton where we got one last year, though they said it's not quite the same as last year's. I am sure it will be as moist and flavourful, though. So that was for one charity, then little girls were taking donations for cookies and one girl my husband knows made a beeline for him!

Husband is making lunch, can you smell the French toast? A nice treat, instead of me being stuck with a sandwich.

Have a superb Sunday, everyone!
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Nov 25th, 2018 at 02:40 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Amen! @GoJays

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi!

@avoncallingu , wow....relaxing, huh? You really must not be feeling well! Remember what I said about our bodies whispering to us to take it a little slower? I guess yourbody is now actually speaking out loud.....thank goodness you're taking some time-out before it starts yelling. Hope you feel better soon. Oh, get Netflix, Avon, there are so many good movies on there...even Christmas ones!

@Natalka , small joys, be they sweets or a hot lunch, means so much at those times we're unable to help ourselves. Hope your Hubby can relax now, too. Is he interested in the Grey Cup game? As for our tree, it's an artificial one with white and coloured lights so we can just step on a button on the floor to change. I'm allergic to tree spores...basically...trees.

We ran a gew errands today because it's so nice out there, +3, all streets melted, even our lake is ice free again! It was also surprisingly not busy out there, either...very strange.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Husband is not a football fan, only sport he occasionally watches is European soccer. But he is relaxing, snoring away on the couch!

We will be making chicken soup together later, so he will have had to regain his strength!

Such sad news from NS, the four year old girl who got run over by a Santa Claus parade vehicle she was running alongside. What a tragedy...
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Nov 25th, 2018 at 04:52 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Grey Cup just saw Calgary winning! I fell asleep for the 2nd and 3rd quarters? They are called quarters right?
    DH said Calgary has been here a few times and lost,so this must feel great!

Did up another soup courtesy of my sis forwarding her recipe over. So green! Fennel, zucchini, spinach and I tossed in some baby bok choy...all simmered soft in a No Salt Added chx broth. Simple herbs added. Once the blender had its way with these ingredients it was a silky smooth soup.

DH and I switched places as he then made up a batch of cheater chili ( used canned beans ) for some of his and DS work meals next week.
    The milder weather yesterday and today was wonderful....made the few outings I had almost enjoyable. @Lynn49 yes I can certainly keep your nephew in my prayers. What an ordeal for him and his parents.

I took advantage of a rare burst of energy and rearranged a couple of things in the living/dining areas, including the area rug...fighting with both dogs who insisted they should lay on it at every moment. SCAT you two!
    The plan was of course to possibly make enough room to consider the Christmas tree....which in reality is a disaster waiting to happen ( cats! ), but for a brief moment I had high hopes.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! I am Christmas movied out! Binge watched 3 today. (Even one I had seen before.)

Still feeling pretty punky. Weak, tired, achy-stuffy nose.

Have taken a Tylenol Flu night-time and an Advil and a "help-you-to-sleep" oil and had some "Sleepytime" tea.

Hope I can shake this whatever it is!

I made a "to-do" list 3 (short) pages long.

I made out my British and French Christmas cards but haven't sealed them because I usually write a Christmas Annual letter to go in them, but I didn't have the umph to take it on.

Walks, I hope you can successfully find a spot for your tree. Where's that Cabby?
    Nat, glad your weather gave you a bit of a break! Your description of the fruitcake almost made me want to try one! @Lynn49 -still keeping your nephew in my prayers. God bless you all!

Our church has continued a tradition with the Women's Prison here to buy gifts for their children so that they have something to give the children at Christmas.

I'm going to say, " Good night!"

Sleep well!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sun, Nov 25th, 2018 at 10:51 PM.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy happy Monday yay Yay! Off to visit fam this week! Wishing all a wonderful week!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information