User Tag List

Page 740 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 240 640 690 730 738 739 740 741 742 750 790 840 1240 1740 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Bad night for me, but I have been up and at 'em so I am washed up, had some coffee and fruit - ready for a nurse to come.

So, here's what's up.
    The little bit of walking I had been doing - not much, just six or eight steps at a time - had been rough enough to deal with, since it confined me to the bedroom.

However, since last week, I cannot walk. To take a step, I need someone holding my body, and even then it's awful. Do not have a clue as to why, it is absolutely horrible. I am stuck on the bed (and its not even a good one, the guys keep delaying going shopping for one - like a year!).

So I cry a lot. Sometimes from the pain, most times from the situation.

To all of you, thanks for your good wishes, prayers, and encouragement.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No shiit, eh? HAA! See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Morning all.
    @GoJays...air horn...whoever is in the bathroom might be going twice while they're in there...LoL

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That's so terrible @Natalka . I hope those doctors get you sorted out sooner rather than later

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Aw, @Natalka , what a disappointing and painful set-back. You're imprisoned by your own body for heaven's sake, I hope those care-givers or nurses get to your doctor asap so maybe she can determine what the hell is causing your legs to be so painful and make you unable to stand up! Time to demand some answers! I know, you feel confident with the care you're getting, but we're here thinking "why isn't she getting any better?!".

As for your bed, get on line to 'The Shopping Channel", Wayfair, do your research on mattresses and order one! There's free shipping on both sites! Even Amazon has name-brand mattresses and tons of reviews on .ca and .com. I understand it's not ideal, but it'll sure be an improvement and many people do it on line. A year, huh? Time to take matters into your own hands. Any news on the new house front? Are you playing the "squeaky wheel" cards? It's easy for them to forget about clients who are passive....Good luck, Nat.....With everything!

It's -2 day, but since we went out to Costco yesterday, and DH has gone to play pool, it's a quiet day today for me. I'll wrap his presents while he's away...DH wrapped his major one, since she and I ordered each other's hubby's gifts to keep our credit cards from giving away secrets. we're also heading over later for a visit and deliver our "12 days of Christmas" little gifts for our GS that he opens each morning until Christmas.

@walkonby , I don't get that pink blob, either! Are you sure it's a "thing"? You have been busy lately...perhaps you just imagined it? Which is o.k.....we all have one of those days...but that imaginary friend of yours...that's really weird, Walks....

Ok! Everybody, get back to work, or watching Hallmark Christmas movies....and have a wonderful day!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Dec 11th, 2018 at 11:28 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    That's so terrible @Natalka . I hope those doctors get you sorted out sooner rather than later

Dogs have so much to teach us about unconditional love, bless their hearts.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So sorry @Natalka , I hope things improve for you.

Today was day 11 of the 24 days of ddp yoga advent challenge. Hope I can keep going lol but I made it through today. Now it's lunch time.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    So sorry @Natalka , I hope things improve for you.

Today was day 11 of the 24 days of ddp yoga advent challenge. Hope I can keep going lol but I made it through today. Now it's lunch time.
    Congrats!
    Lunch?! I forgot to eat breakfast! Didn't help that I slept in until 10:44!!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 lol, I slept about 2am to 9am. Lunch was leftover pasta from my new Crock-Pot. Monofkali who used to post here got it for me for Christmas. We become really good friends. We have texted evert day for probably 8 years now, crazy lol.

Anyway I'm getting pissed at myself. I can't seem to get below 285lbs for a month and a half. After Christmas I'm going to try harder on my diet. Less bread, pasta and no fake vegan meats.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just drop by to say a quick hello to everyone ..back to work again ..ill back check when i get my head out paperwork.
    Name:  DEFDEF32-1A69-494B-9273-DDE27010E55D.jpeg
Views: 91
Size:  60.1 KB
    Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sigh!

I can't address it all @Lynn49 but I will try.

I knew I wouldn't get better in terms of mobility from where I was a year ago when I came home from the hospital - I knew, was just hard to accept.
    However, I did not expect these last setbacks to come so quickly one after the other - and to be do terribly limiting.

They are able to access any x-rays I had done whilst in hospital - I had them done on knees, hips, pelvis - not sure if that will give any other info than what is already known. Serious arthritis in left knee and right hip, severe arthritis in right knee - plus whatever is wrong with my back.

No news on the housing front - just checked last week. They are even surprised it is taking so long, but in reality (sorry to be blunt) a unit would come open if someone were to die, or have to move into less independent living.

As for a bed, sorry, not putting out that kind of bucks without someone trying it out. Even then it's tough to judge. My son has my ''feelings" so he needs to be my tester. Husband can sleep anywhere, anytime, any sort of circumstances, so he knows he cannot choose.
    Not being overly picky, but it needs to be quite firm without feeling like a board, just a good old fashioned Serta or Sealy. I'm a hot sleeper, so no foamies either.

See, I shouldn't start talking, because then I don't stop.

However, I will now.

Thanks again, everyone, for your concern!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good afternoon sc-ers!
    @Natalka , I see by the 2nd post you made explaining the circumstances/progression of your current situation being stuck in bed all day. I am so sorry for the emotional drain that this puts on you and your family.
    Very frightening for those of us that have suffered with arthritis for years...it often gets worse with age, I speak from experience.

The new mattress ordeal, yeah, I think you may just have to wait and rely on Milan to test a good one for you, maybe he'll catch a break at work one day and find the time to help you.

I wanted to ask about your salt and sugar intake? The salt more though.
    I have found incredible improvement in my aching bones from eliminating both of them.......of course that means no take out or processed foods as well as never adding it to anything I cook.
    Maybe give it a whirl and see if your legs benefit even in a small way.
    @Lynn49 the 2 posts I captured below explain to you what I meant by posting " that large purple thing ".

Click on the highlighted word " DITTO " in danger_dan's post....you should get it then..
    OMG lady! I was just posting the word DITTO in picture form telling cabmonk that I was also busy doing nothing.
    Harmless silliness.....

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

get it???
    Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lost my credit card. That is all
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

That's not good @GoJays , sorry to hear that.
    @walkonby Lol it's all good . I went for a 20 min walk today so at least I did something.

Thread Information