User Tag List

Page 840 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 340 740 790 830 838 839 840 841 842 850 890 940 1340 1840 ... LastLast
Results 12,586 to 12,600 of 29353
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Watch the video first, then read my post

So, not in Clouseau's manner, nor that of an Olympian, but I got to use the parallel bars in physio today.

My first first was being able to transfer from the bed, using the walker, to a wheelchair. Not just any wheelchair, but yer Cadillac upgrade.
    That was enough to do, but no...

We went to a rehab section somewhere - hey, I was just glad to leave my cell - and there they were. I had only been on them once before, at a different hospital, at a very different stage.

Three therapists with me, two on brakes duty, one a director - pretty much. They had the wheelchair directly behind me so they would move it forward as I moved, but be ready to immediately put on the brakes if I had to stop and sit.

I think I did maybe four or five stands with steps, then at the end, did stands without my usual need for rocking out of where I sit to get momentum -- did those directly standing up whilst holding onto the bars.

It all felt amazing - now it's not like I can just get up and go now - my steps are not well done and are painful.
    Once we got back to my room, I was able to stand up with the walker and inch my way to be able to sit on the bed.

Wish I had a pic of my physio and her giant, beautiful grin as I even did one set on the bars. She is rather amazing herself!

So I was quite tuckered out, took some Tylenol, then after lunch and a wash, had a rest. Then I needed bigger guns, as everything started to hurt...

This did wonderful things for my psyche, for sure!

Thx for listening, as always!
    Take care, have a lovely evening!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That's amazing, @Natalka , I can hear the excitement in your voice, so to speak..! What a confidence booster for you...then a well-deserved rest reward. Does it bear repeating tomorrow? super news, .Nat!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka that's great news . I am sure you were very proud of your achievement today . Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Have a great evening
    Newfiescreech likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I watched that great clip of Inspector Clouseau....forgot how comical he was. So very glad you did NOT mimic anything he did on those bars @Natalka ....ouch! Still from everything you accomplished today it is understandable the higher dose of pain meds were needed.
    All of this must be so encouraging for you, DH and DS!!

Today came and went so quickly here and I already feel like bedtime. Too bad it snowed some more AFTER DD had finished shoveling the remainder of the driveway for me.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Natalka - I must say that I knew what was coming with Clousseau. That scene always makes me lol! I had forgotten where I picked up my , "rheum" reference. Well, first you made me laugh and then smile at your amazing accomplishments on the parallel bars.-Your speciality!

I have a worrisome update about Tootie, unfortunately. I was not happy with the idea of "watch and wait" especially because when I examined her-it seems this growth extends further up her abdomen to at least her next nipple. So, after multo - research, I set myself a $ amount. Isn't that awful! But apparently, 50% of these tumors are benign and once removed, she would be fine. 50% are cancerous and of those, about half are quite aggressive and removing the tumor would not extend her life more than about 2 months. The fastest way to check for malignancy and whether it has spread, is the surgery. So, she is scheduled for the removal of this tumor next Wednesday. Then a week to 10 days of recovery which gives us a week before we move.

These mammary tumors are much more prevalent in dogs which were not spayed at a young age.

So, I am, of course, praying for the benign option and then she can live out her life as it is meant to be.

My BrotherB has asked my BrotherR and me over for a Valentine's Supper tomorrow and then we're off to choir.

Well, time to hit the sack. All the 3 lights in the overhead fan light in the room that I am using have now burned out. What's with me and lights? So a flashlight leads the way.

Good night, my friends!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, Natalka and ROMEO like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. Happy Valentines Day all. Celebrate the day to the fullest. Remember every day should be Valentine’s Day to your love ones.
    a busy day ahead for me too many places to go. @avoncallingu I will be praying that Tootie surgery goes well and that the tutor is benign.That baby girl has gone through so much

If you have to be on the road please be careful. Have a great day all

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth and everyone else. Have a great day today

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

clear roads, no snow down...just a little wet on the roads...and I mean just enough to turn the pavement dark...and it took me longer to get into work today than it did yesterday in the snow! *SIGH*

I'm just going to sit here...have my Tim's coffee (in my RRRoll Up the Rim to Win cup) and relax for a bit...the paper work can wait.

Have a wonderful day folks.
    Supposed to warm up a little today, and then get back to freezing temps tomorrow.
    Stay safe everyone.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks @danger_dan , but heed your own warning. I'm guessing that you've got the worst drive out of all of us. You stay safe too

Here's a bonus for today because I like a well-executed pun..

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, fellow lovers of life, Happy Heart Day!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Happy Hearts Day, everyone!

Love that little video!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Feb 14th, 2019 at 09:17 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Weezer's cover...
    Is it as good, or better than the original though?
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.
    DANGER

Thread Information