User Tag List

Page 847 of 1930 FirstFirst ... 347 747 797 837 845 846 847 848 849 857 897 947 1347 1847 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,705 of 28940
Like Tree117705Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

  1. #12691
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,572
    Likes Received
    3275
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)




    Give Jenny a pat for me. I hate leaving my little girl at the vet. But Jenny will be home soon, I'm sure.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

  2. #12692
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,821
    Likes Received
    56484
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Aw, thank you, @danger_dan, @avoncallingu, @wendymac....she's such a gentle little being, it was hard to leave her behind, but I gave her kisses and hugs, the kisses were returned, , and I held it together until she was ushered away, then the tears started. One of the gals working there, noticed and came around the counter to give me a reasuring hug. They're all so sweet there. We brought her food, and I brought one of her blankets which they said they'll wrap her in after her surgery. I'll call at 1pm to find out how things went or are going....seems teeth cleanings are the final surgeries they do. They'll do bloodwork to make certain she'll be okay with the anesthetic, and talked about how safe they are these days compared to before. Thank you for your thoughts...
    @GoJays...was that accident near you? I bet that car thought it could cut in front of that bus and "make it" across before getting whacked. I hope no one was injured.

    Have a lovely day, everyone!

    I can't wait to see more of this (if it was a video loop I'd probably watch it all day...I love the rain! )




    ...and less of this: yep... not our street, but pretty darn close to what we have here, although it's piled up by a snowplow...still...!!

    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Feb 19th, 2019 at 11:10 AM.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.


  3. #12693
    Mastermind Natalka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    118,045
    Likes Received
    147799
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)




    Hi, good morning!

    I will make this short, it's a Stoopid wifi morning here! I understand it being pokey, but this morning it has been cutting right out.

    Back to bizarre cold here. And yet, as the hospital tries to compensate with heat, I end up having to have the fan on.

    Bye for now! Hugs for you all, especially for little Jenny!
    aussie, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

  4. #12694
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,821
    Likes Received
    56484
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Hi, everyone...Jenny came through her teeth cleaning just fine, although she did have a couple of teeth removed...damn it. But thank goodness it's over and when I'm done with my 3pm appointment we'll pick the little tyke up. The vet decided not to remove her little cyst since it had healed over and reduced so much in size.
    Whew!! She's fine.
    Natalka, aussie, walkonby and 1 others like this.


  5. #12695
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,237
    Likes Received
    73344
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    YES!!!! I had just finished reading back about her going in for the cleaning and possible cyst removal. So glad she came out just fine!! ( sending special " her Highness " furbaby hugs for Jenny!! )
    Freezing rain is coming.......oh goody!
    Had a relaxing morning, couple of quickie trips ( errands ) but was back home well before 11:00 a.m. and able to get a big chunk of the peacock cross stitch done! It almost looks presentable....lol.
    Sipped on some java and somehow it really hit the spot!

    grrrr! another cute pic I could not post after trying over and over and over!
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Feb 19th, 2019 at 03:20 PM.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.




    babies teach us acceptance

  6. #12696
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,821
    Likes Received
    56484
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    YES!!!! I had just finished reading back about her going in for the cleaning and possible cyst removal. So glad she came out just fine!! ( sending special " her Highness " furbaby hugs for Jenny!! )
    Freezing rain is coming.......oh goody!
    Had a relaxing morning, couple of quickie trips ( errands ) but was back home well before 11:00 a.m. and able to get a big chunk of the peacock cross stitch done! It almost looks presentable....lol.
    Sipped on some java and somehow it really hit the spot!
    I discovered where that LIAR went to after February 2nd!!!

    Aw, thank you @walkonby , my Friend...oh, I wish you could meet her, she's such a quiet, gentle soul. She's sleeping peacefully and we'll pick her up after my 3pm (really quick) dr's appt. I shall snuggle her all the rest of the day!!

    Um...liar? What'd I miss??

    As to the weather, yep, "unseasonable cold" prevails for Family day while another potent storm moves up along the Appalachian Mountains, snow, ice and rain extended into Ontario"...the almanac.
    20th - 23rd, snowy weather.
    24th - 28th, cloudy, with snow for the Great Lakes, much colder weather sweeps in by the 28th.
    So...plan accordingly. Like...stay home and cross-stitch, and load up on groceries today and tomorrow!!
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.


  7. #12697
    Canadian Guru aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    14,604
    Likes Received
    1635
    Trading Score
    201 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, gosh, is it really you!!! Honest to gosh, I was thinking about you the other day!

    So, spill, how is your life?

    Welcome back!
    Hey!! Life is good!, we have a 5 year old daughter now, who is in kindergarten! How are things with you?
    Natalka likes this.
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien


  8. #12698
    Mastermind Natalka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    118,045
    Likes Received
    147799
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)




    @aussie - how wonderful, so you definitely have been busy!

    My answer is rather complicated and long. I am in hospital, have been in over five weeks. Just had to get standing and walking again, hopefully if I continue to progress I will get into a rehab program at another hospital - and do a stint there so I can get home in decent shape.
    Our son is 27, just completed his journeyman's mechanics apprenticeship. He had been living about 45 minutes out of the city, and just last week moved back here.

    Hope all of you have a nice evening. I am so very bored.

    This morning my physio was on the ward. I walked from the bed to out in the hallway with only one stop because of right knee pain. There were three therapists, two of them manning the brakes of the wheelchair following me. Then I walked from the doorway back to the bed. Did not transfer to wheelchair in between, she wanted to test the number of metres I was able to walk.

    Dr came by when my husband was here, he thinks I am almost at the point where they would accept me in the convalescent unit, but it would still be weeks. The paperwork will at least be started.

    So I was quite pooped by the aft, and just rested, did some exercises.

    Hope you all have a sweet sleep!
    aussie, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

  9. #12699
    Misanthrope GoJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    86,373
    Likes Received
    44369
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

  10. #12700
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,821
    Likes Received
    56484
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Hi, everyone...poor Jenny is so dopey, still, and will likely be until morning. She's had water, and I made her 2 VERY soft scrambled eggs, and she ate about half, then has been drifting in and out of sleep either on my lap or beside me on her blanket. She did go outside, pooped the first time, nothing just now. It's just so sad watching her so 'out of it . She has enough pain medication until morning from the vet's injection, so we'll give her another dose of liquid pain medicine her vet gave us for the next several mornings.

    So...aren't you glad you asked? Hahaha....ok...I just know some of you won't mind being updated. I just hope her pain med gets her through the night.

    Good night, sweet dreams, everyone.
    GoJays, walkonby and danger_dan like this.


  11. #12701
    Canadian Guru avoncallingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SouthCentral Ontario
    Posts
    12,621
    Likes Received
    27338
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)




    Hello, folks! As Jack Nicholson would say, "I'm back!"

    Driving was A-okay!

    You can call me Lazarus. I have risen from the dead. (At least wrt the U S Social Security.) They even gave me a cheque for part of what they owe me since they thought I had passed away. A complicated pay, re-imbursement-return the next cheque, but still, some cash flow for now.

    @Lynn49 , I am so very glad that Jenny did so well with minimal invasive stuff. The news about the cyst is SUPER! And the fact that only 2 teeth were removed is very good news as well.

    Whew! A big sigh from you, I am sure!!!

    Tomorrow is my turn to hold my breath all day while my sweetie has these tumors removed.

    I had absolutely no trouble getting across the border. Coming back, I came across into Canada at Lewiston which I haven't tried before. I got there faster than I thought and there was no one in the lane I chose. So where's my passport? Not exactly where I thought -a little flustering. The border officer asked me where I stayed. What I had bought and why I stayed over night. It was later in the day and I think she thought I had just driven down this morning to shop.

    I told her that I can't drive up and back in a day. (I thought you'll understand some day.)

    Anyway, since I had no liquor or cigarettes, she just waved me on.

    I fed Tootie when I got home and then realized it was after 8 and I shouldn't have. But it was only 45 minutes late. She won't be the first surgery tomorrow.

    Well, I am going to say good night. Have a restful sleep. Oh, I just realized -I have to put the bed back together. This is getting wearisome. (Sp?)
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

  12. #12702
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,572
    Likes Received
    3275
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hi, everyone...poor Jenny is so dopey, still, and will likely be until morning.
    Thanks for letting us know about sweet Jenny. I'm sure she will be much, much better today. My little girl, Hope, is sitting at my feet as I write this, but it was not long ago that she needed major surgery to reconstruct a joint in her leg. It took 6 weeks for her to recover. You'd never know it now as she is back to being the total brat I fell in love with. Jenny and you are lucky to have each other. Stay warm.
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

  13. #12703
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,052
    Likes Received
    29521
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hi, everyone...poor Jenny is so dopey, still, and will likely be until morning. She's had water, and I made her 2 VERY soft scrambled eggs, and she ate about half, then has been drifting in and out of sleep either on my lap or beside me on her blanket. She did go outside, pooped the first time, nothing just now. It's just so sad watching her so 'out of it . She has enough pain medication until morning from the vet's injection, so we'll give her another dose of liquid pain medicine her vet gave us for the next several mornings.

    So...aren't you glad you asked? Hahaha....ok...I just know some of you won't mind being updated. I just hope her pain med gets her through the night.

    Good night, sweet dreams, everyone.
    @Lynn49 glad Jenny is doing good when she got home. Pleas let us know how she is doing today. Hoping she is not in lots of pain
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

  14. #12704
    boogey-man slayer danger_dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    within the sound of silence
    Posts
    61,561
    Likes Received
    31626
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    Good morning friends

    @Lynn49 , hope Jenny slept through the night alright and she's a little less loopy this morning. Poor little lady. You just know she's going to be a super snuggle bug with you today!

    Snow, Sleet and Rain today, FUN!
    If you're heading out this afternoon into evening, be safe!

    Have a wonderful day folks.
    Back later.
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

  15. #12705
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,052
    Likes Received
    29521
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello, folks! As Jack Nicholson would say, "I'm back!"

    Driving was A-okay!

    You can call me Lazarus. I have risen from the dead. (At least wrt the U S Social Security.) They even gave me a cheque for part of what they owe me since they thought I had passed away. A complicated pay, re-imbursement-return the next cheque, but still, some cash flow for now.

    @Lynn49, I am so very glad that Jenny did so well with minimal invasive stuff. The news about the cyst is SUPER! And the fact that only 2 teeth were removed is very good news as well.

    Whew! A big sigh from you, I am sure!!!

    Tomorrow is my turn to hold my breath all day while my sweetie has these tumors removed.

    I had absolutely no trouble getting across the border. Coming back, I came across into Canada at Lewiston which I haven't tried before. I got there faster than I thought and there was no one in the lane I chose. So where's my passport? Not exactly where I thought -a little flustering. The border officer asked me where I stayed. What I had bought and why I stayed over night. It was later in the day and I think she thought I had just driven down this morning to shop.

    I told her that I can't drive up and back in a day. (I thought you'll understand some day.)

    Anyway, since I had no liquor or cigarettes, she just waved me on.

    I fed Tootie when I got home and then realized it was after 8 and I shouldn't have. But it was only 45 minutes late. She won't be the first surgery tomorrow.

    Well, I am going to say good night. Have a restful sleep. Oh, I just realized -I have to put the bed back together. This is getting wearisome. (Sp?)
    @avoncallingu I am happy your trip was successful over the border. We always cross back through the Lewiston border. Will we keeping Tootie in my thoughts and prayers that her surgery to remove her Tumours and that they are benign.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •