User Tag List

Page 723 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 223 623 673 713 721 722 723 724 725 733 773 823 1223 1723 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

the start of a new week!! Hooray said no one ever!
    Good morning just the same to those already at work, those in mid shower and even those of you who are still slapping the snooze button.
    I must have gotten some great restful zzz's last night because I seem to have a kick in my step today.
    I am off soon, a few places to drive for errands and appts.

Stay chirpy!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.
    Stupid rain, stupid traffic, stupid drivers...sigh...

Another week.
    Have a wonderful day folks.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Morning... Not good yet, so I am with Dan.

My stupids list is different and longer. Hope it smartens up.

To those of you with a happy day, enjoy!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning folks! Just checked AccuWeather.com to see that there'll be a "Break in the rain in 90 minutes." Just what I love in the morning-a brisk walk in the rain when it feels like -5°!

Headcold nasties still holding on. Blick!

But, on a happy note, it's Cyber Monday! I wonder if Boxing Day sales will start tomorrow?

I'm taking a survey- How do you wake up?

Is it, eyes pop open and -boom- the day begins?

Alarm rings and you jump out of bed?

Gently, you say goodbye to dreamland and tentatively greet the day?

Eyes open, brain not in gear, Where's the coffee?

Well, I am down to very few choices of what to eat so I had better think about getting some groceries today.

I have an appointment with the podiatrist at 11:15- to see what to do about my toe pain when walking and wearing my boots. (Go south and don't wear boots? -oh, now there's an idea!)

So, I will slide out of bed, and get ready for the quick foray into the rain so that Tootie can get comfortable.

"Monday, Monday, so good to me......."

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

To answer your question, @avoncallingu , you likely already know how I deal with mornings...take a few moments to focus, grab my glasses, toss blankets over Jenny because she's not a morning pup, slide out of bed, refresh, then head straight for the coffee pot unless DH has already put a coffee beside my chair. A couple of coffees later I am almost awake.

Well, DH has to babysit our GS today since he now has his Mom's headcold, so I'll prepare our cards to send out in hopes people receive them before Christmas. I decorated our tree yesterday after we shopped and I sent DH to bed since he was up late the night before babysitting. It's not perfect but it was the best I could do. Then I collapsed!

@GoJays , that "dislocated shoulder" meme absolutely had ne laughing out loud!! That dislocated hand still posing, removed from the hip location?! Oh, my....thank you for that...passing it on to our DD!

Ok....enough babbling...have a great day everyone, stay safe out there, everyone I hope your family members aren't directly affected by that awful GM potential close in Oshawa!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This is for all you Hallmark junkies....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ YES!! and I fall hook line and sinker for those every time!
    ahem, now about the waking up @avoncallingu shamefully I am THE morning person most people want to slap!
    I've always opened my eyes ( usually just before the alarm goes off if I have one set ) and pop out of bed ready to start the day.
    Now remember since retiring and also celebrating this many birthdays my brain still thinks I can pop out of bed but I actually kind of maneuver and involuntarily make groaning sounds as I do the limp and shuffle down the stairs to the main floor. It only gets better from there.

Terrible rainy weather, not enjoyable at all for driving. One very close call came at 8:30 a.m. and if I had not noticed how fast this SUV was approaching I would have gone into my totally legal left turn on the green light to enter the hwy ramp.
    I hesitated looking at his vehicle, not quite making my turn yet, then I hit my brakes!
    He swooshed right through the solid red light!!
    Not only that but now I was almost late making my turn and the other vehicles on the right of me were antsy to go.

Honestly!! Was this guy even aware he had run a red light??

babies teach us acceptance

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Been watching the Insight Mars landing..
    Newfiescreech and danger_dan like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Wow, @flemeth! Surprise Thanksgiving guests! You are a saint! That's funny about Thor acting differently when his sibling is around!

@Newfiescreech -the race is on! Good luck with your shopping!

I was rudely awakening by a call from a "Private Caller" that I didn't reach in time. 7:05 is not my idea of a good time to call people!

My Brother B and his wife came over last night and helped me switch around some furniture. Now I can re-arrange things and maybe find a place for (dare I say it) the Christmas tree.

Well, miles to go before I rest today. Should start with a walk for Tootie.

BFN! Have a great wintery day!
    Thanks avoncallingu..WOW !!! It sure was a race on shopping 🛍 lots of fun shopping 🛒 in Ontario..by time i got back home to Newfoundland on sunday ..my poor feet was aching from all running around i was doing .it still was awesome trip
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  D45B92F7-FDD4-4454-B5B4-1BD0B0CC90BD.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  28.2 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    This is for all you Hallmark junkies....

Hahaha! I just posted this on FB...my "Christmas" group! There is one more must: the antagonist....the x-boy or girlfriend, or the misunderstanding! Love every one! Of course my Hubby is a movie-spoiler! He looks up at the tv over his glasses and reader and announces, "Geez! I bet those two will end up together at the end!" Brat. Spoils it for me every time!
    GoJays, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Glad everyone arrived there safely @flemeth . yes, you grab some zzz's now, you'll need the tank full when you start cooking!
    Mornin @GoJays ! A bitter very cold day ahead for us " wimps " ....nothing like what Natalka or Newfiescreech gets but I am bundling up with all the stuff I have today. Oh I just remembered Newfie is in Ontario atm!!

Happy Thursday all!!

Name:  B3FF9504-6552-4FE7-8CDC-921169CE12DE.jpeg
Views: 136
Size:  151.3 KB

ohhhh it was so cold in Ontario too ..I thought by time i got there it would be lot warmer ..nooo cold weather loves chase me every where i go 😝
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Name:  B3FF9504-6552-4FE7-8CDC-921169CE12DE.jpeg
Views: 136
Size:  151.3 KB

ohhhh it was so cold in Ontario too ..I thought by time i got there it would be lot warmer ..nooo cold weather loves chase me every where i go 😝
    Well, @Newfiescreech , if you had come a little north, we had +2...+3...even the ice on our lake melted! Soooo...who did you manage to strike off your shopping list? Where did you shop?
    Enquiring minds want to know! Ok...maybe just me.
    Newfiescreech and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Well, @Newfiescreech, if you had come a little north, we had +2...+3...even the ice on our lake melted! Soooo...who did you manage to strike off your shopping list? Where did you shop?
    Enquiring minds want to know! Ok...maybe just me.
    Ohhhh Lynn ..i went to square one shopping mall , Dixie mall , pacific mall in Markham ,Bramalea city centre , Yorkdale mall , Scarborough mall ,Vaughan mall ,Sherway gardens the west mall in Etobicoke, outlet stores on orfus road ,went to mall out in Newmarket ..cant remember name ..plus went to Niagara Falls area shopping and went to mall up around parry sound ..my goodness !! i done lot of malls ..put lots miles on my poor feet LOL ..ohhh lynn i can say i done wonderful on striking people of my Christmas list .3 suitcases each suitcase was 52 pounds and weigh 156 lbs all together..plus i sent parcel through UPS wow it cost me almost $150.00 ship that parcel back to Newfoundland.only thing i need do now is pick up few more stocking items ..so it sure was worth all wear and tear on my feet ..now my spare bedroom looks like a dept store ..hopefully this weekend i can fine time start wrapping those gift and get my spare bedroom back to normal again ..going be busy busy here for next 4 weeks ..oooh i wished i knew it was warmer in your area .guess you got all your Christmas baking , tree and gifts wrapped now

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Wow, Newfiescreech! Were you on a hovercraft? It would take me a YEAR to get to all those malls!

Glad your whirlwind trip accomplished so much!

Tootie and I took our last walk and the wind was incredible!

What a terrible piece of news for Oshawa! The working world is definitely changing! Glad I am at this end of it!

Cleaned out my fridge tonight of things that had "expired." Garbage gets taken out on Wednesday. Our recycling right now is a bit of a mess, as you have to walk past the construction zone to get to it. Tar and Styrofoam bits and portapotty - not an inviting place to walk.

Well, I am going to fill the dishwasher and hit the sack. Hope to get a good sleep. Nothing official on the calendar tomorrow -but something always comes up. I have to finish up a few things that I started today.

Didn't pick up any groceries today, so supper was a strange conglomeration of perogies, fried onions and zucchini as well as brown beans. Filling but far from gourmet! I can see @Lynn49 wincing now!

I boiled some sweet potato so that Tootie can have some fiber in her diet.

Well, goodnight people! Sleep well and may God bless!

Thread Information