User Tag List

Page 855 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 355 755 805 845 853 854 855 856 857 865 905 955 1355 1855 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,825 of 29368
Like Tree118540Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Nasty weather here, too, high winds last night, and more freezing rain, DD said her drive in this morning was mostly on skating rinks, thank heavens she arrived at work unscathed. She left late around 10am to "avoid the morning jerks" who should have left home 10 minutes earlier instead of speeding through lights and rear ending other cars.

School buses not running here, but not as bad as the Sault....NOTHING open. No schools, banks, malls, nothing...too dangerous and the ice and winds are continuing.

DD's b'day next month so I've been looking around for a present for her; she's definitely not the easiest gal to buy for!

It's an indoor day today, like @walkonby , nothing urgent to go out there for, DD said, "Stay home!" , it's so scary out there.
    Our insulation guys have come and gone, so it's finally quiet again!

Toodles, everyone, have a great Monday!!

Yes, SO anxious for Easter!!

Natalka, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Looks like our little village in the countryside is being hit really hard by snow squalls, winter in general...our puppy walker let us know...

Road closures and accidents all around home...
    The Lady and I are heading home early today. Need to be safe.
    Back tomorrow peeps.

Stay safe if you're heading out.
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Holy Casserole, you Ontarians - stay safe!

I came on to BRAG!

Just had my morning physio. After doing three very strong sit/stands and one transfer with a PT assistant, my physiotherapist stopped by and said she had a bit of time, asked if I wanted to go for a walk. Of course I said yes - I require two person assist plus a belt.

My bed is the one farthest from the door. I walked from the bed to the doorway, out into the hall, turned right and kept walking until the first nurses' station.
    I got cheers and high fives! Freaked out the PT because she had no idea I could do that, let alone after already having done so much in the room.

It felt SO darned good! They gave me a ride back to my room, where I transferred back to bed.

So YAY me! Now it wasn't just the distance, it was fabulous quality. I was walking with a relatively normal gait instead of step, stop, change leg to step, stop - if you know what I mean.

Darcy the head PT will be back mid afternoon, so I will ask her how many metres that was - that's how they measure progress.

And my husband brought a fan last night, it's awesome to have that!
    wendymac, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I watched snippets of the oscars last night.
    @Lynn49 that sweet bunny in your pic reminded me of this

barbis9, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Holy Casserole, you Ontarians - stay safe!

I came on to BRAG!

Just had my morning physio. After doing three very strong sit/stands and one transfer with a PT assistant, my physiotherapist stopped by and said she had a bit of time, asked if I wanted to go for a walk. Of course I said yes - I require two person assist plus a belt.

My bed is the one farthest from the door. I walked from the bed to the doorway, out into the hall, turned right and kept walking until the first nurses' station.
    I got cheers and high fives! Freaked out the PT because she had no idea I could do that, let alone after already having done so much in the room.

It felt SO darned good! They gave me a ride back to my room, where I transferred back to bed.

So YAY me! Now it wasn't just the distance, it was fabulous quality. I was walking with a relatively normal gait instead of step, stop, change leg to step, stop - if you know what I mean.

Darcy the head PT will be back mid afternoon, so I will ask her how many metres that was - that's how they measure progress.

And my husband brought a fan last night, it's awesome to have that!

wendymac, Natalka, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Yes, it is brutal out there in SW Ontario. Road closures everywhere, no mail delivery, blasting winds that are actually keeping the driveway clear, and no respite in sight. A day to stay inside and be grateful for the walls around you.
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, y'all are welcome to come up here....it's -10 but we have a beautiful sunny day!!

Seems like once again it's the south and north of us that are getting hit....

wendymac, Natalka, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

70 vehicle pile-up south of Barrie, 20+ pile-up hwy11 between Orillia, Gravenhurst, 14 crash near Peterborough...jusy fyi...
    wendymac, barbis9 and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wow! I guess things were more horrid out there ( or here ) than I thought! See what happens when you stay inside with the drapes closed and your ears plugged and your eyes covered? everything is perfectly calm!!
    I laughed and laughed at Melissa McCarthy last night, ty for posting that @Natalka and super job on that trek from your room down to the nurses station!!
    It sounded like it made you feel so good to walk " almost " normal again....so keep going!!

Soup and salad for my dinner in an hour or two!!
    Natalka, barbis9 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good night, folks! I hope Dan got home safely. Some of the roads up there were closed.

I packed up most of the kitchen. This is the second run-through- including pots and pans, etc.

Packed up the contents of my desk. Found that I have 3 solar powered calculators.

Time is flying. I think I am going to once again, cancel my hair appointment since it's on Thursday and I have to go to the Dr. Thursday morning to get a prescription filled and I don't want to make my first time away from Tootie to be most of the day.
    I have made a casserole using up the extra rice that I made tonight and I will have that for supper tomorrow. Footie was getting blown across the ice field that used to be our lawn. It's been a WILD 24 hours. Wind gusts here about were measured at over 100 km per hour.

Wind won't be as bad tomorrow but the temp. Is supposed to be colder.

Well, must catch some zzz's. Hope you are all safe and comfy. This is certainly a winter to remember-or forget- as soon as possible!
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning my friends.
    My DH cousin battle with her cancer came to an end yesterday. We were all there by her side.
    Will be a very busy and difficult couple days for us.
    Have a great day all
    wendymac, Lynn49, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    70 vehicle pile-up south of Barrie, 20+ pile-up hwy11 between Orillia, Gravenhurst, 14 crash near Peterborough...jusy fyi...
    @avoncallingu , made is home safely. Thanks friends

@Lynn49 , Yup...Peterborough area.A major section of our commute home was closed due to the snow squalls and blowing winds. While we were on our way home, we couldn't figure our why they had closed the highway...wasn't till we took some smaller roads, through some open fields that we understood why...white out conditions every time a wind gust went by...and that was going through smaller open fields. The highway is a completely flat open space, at least 2 football field lengths wide. snow drifts higher than our vehicle, and the plows hadn't yet gone by to clear them...
    I have never been that on edge driving, ever. We made it home safe and sound. Everything cleared up and the winds died down within 4 hours of us getting home...almost immediately after I finished clearing snow off of the drive way, decks, and paths. Go figure. Thank you very much Mother Nature!
    Last edited by danger_dan; Tue, Feb 26th, 2019 at 07:14 AM.
    wendymac, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Any who...
    Good morning everyone.it's a chilly one out there this morning.
    More snow on the way for tomorrow during the day...wonderful.

@Natalka , Well done friend! Very happy to hear you are progressing, and that you're happy with the progress!

@walkonby

@GoJays , as usual, top notch memes my friend!

@flemeth , My condolences to you, your DH, and the rest of your family.
    wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    DANGER

Thread Information