User Tag List

Page 736 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 236 636 686 726 734 735 736 737 738 746 786 836 1236 1736 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,040 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Heading to a friends place for GF spaghetti and meat sauce. I am bringing GF peanut butter cookies - best dessert I could think of on the last minute since I don't have all the special flours/thickeners on hand.
    Natalka, Abby5, attitash and 2 others like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    269 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, wow, you're killing me with the delish things you are cooking! I haven't had sorrel soup in years, my mom grew it in her garden and would make it - SO very good! You're lucky to have found some at the market!

I agree with you on the Pan Sear fish - we bought the salmon and another kind, I can't remember, I definitely would not pay the big bucks they usually go for.
    For pre-prepared frozen salmon, the High Liner IQF ones will go on sale for $5, so I will buy those and season myself. Or just buy a frozen whole pink salmon if I can find a decent one.
    Oh, I'd love to send some your way, but maybe a bit too far. HaHa, a friend of mine gave me a plant last year, but I forgot to properly water it during a heat wave and it died. But I did get some more Sorrel - bargain basement price $1.00 a bunch. Not quite sure what to make, maybe a sorrel sauce or pesto for fish.

Yep, I get the Highliner IQF too (great if you have the $2.00/$1.00 coupon). Although I have to admit I like fresh salmon the best (sometimes can get it 30% off at SS).
    attitash likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well, well. I'm home all by my lonesome tonight.

Vegan burgers and pickled beets? YES PLEASE!

And what's more? No whiners at the table complaining about lentils for supper. bahahahaha.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    recipe or it didn't happen...
    savoy cabbage(easier to roll I find), sauteed onions, peppers, mushrooms, until tender, made basmati rice, mix altogether with crushed garlic (I get that big honker container from Costco), parsley, oregano, basil , fine herbs, kitchen sink , Paprika. Makes the rice look nice and red . Everyone into the pool and then roll em up.

I have a giant pot that i put the whole cabbage in. I core it and then put it in the pot upsidedown then peel away the leaves as they get tender, not too much or they fall apart. I cut out the hard vein on the leaves before i roll them up.

Baked in pyrex tray with homemade tomato sauce for about 45 minutes at 325 convection oven.

Sorry they look pink I took the pic with my stupid phone,

I usually use brown rice but I ran out
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sat, Jul 28th, 2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: added pic
    harbie, gracesmommy, Abby5 and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Tonight we had amazing corn on the cob, and I also had toast with homemade hummus and home grown broccolli sprouts

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I had the corn with my jalapeno powder on it. Yummy!!
    Abby5, attitash and Wendark like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I took the leftover ribs from last nights dinner and added them to the onions I caramalized till they fell off the bone and shredded. That on top of a toasted WW sesame bun with melted cheddar cheese and a fresh green salad on the side..... even though it wasn't my night to cook

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Patty those look just great and yummy!

I ended up using the oven, even though it's blasted hot in here. Did oven baked chicken with my own 'shake 'n bake' mix, and used the same coating for potato wedges. Served with coleslaw with lots of cucumber and radishes thrown in.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

tonight i bbq'd some honey garlic sausages, corn on the cob (which was so yummy), mashed potatoes, garden fresh bbq'd zuchinni with balsamic vinegar and fresh picked this morning cucumber slices.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Brocoli and BBQ potatoes And vegan gluten free banana scones and vegan gluten free soft pretzels

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I made homemade chicken curry soup with egg noodles...Chicken stock, curry and egg noodles LOL! I didn't have any chicken or veggies that would go good thrown into the soup so I was like whatever I ate veggies at lunch I can do without at supper.
    Natalka and ninna like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I made barbecued chicken, scalloped potatoes and beans (from the garden!).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

For lunch: a veggie sandwhich with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and pickles. Totally grossed out my co-workers. Also had some yogurt with blueberries and strawberries thrown in.

H made dinner because he didn't work today. BBQ'd burgers and homemade mac n cheese. It was good but he forgot to season the mac n cheese and there wasn't a green thing in sight.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookcrazy204 View Post
    Ooh, I just love mussels, and frites and baguette too!! Although mussels are not as inexpensive as they used to be, can still be a relatively cheap and very cheerful meal. Oh and I hope you had some beer with that as they do in Belgium.
    we drank Hoogarden witbiere and Orval. When we lived in UK we went to Belgium a couple of times a year to purchase decent beer and choccie...I love gueze and naturally fermented fruit beers. Trappist beers are too die for ....we joined a private importing beer group a few years ago to get some of the more esoteric Belgium beers that we like to drink.
    Patty Smyth and ninna like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Corn on the cob last night from the farmer`s market...so good! Cheesy dough dogs as well.

Thread Information