User Tag List

Page 39 of 149 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Have you determined whether they are male tulips?
    lol.. i'm sure they are.. they're still pouting, even though it's nice and sunny now tick them off once, they never get over it
    marstec likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow tulips very slow still. Only about 1-2 inches out of the ground. This morning there was ice on the windshield again tonight is supposed to be the last night below zero . Hope so
    Natalka and Shirnette like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Okay i am really envious of your blooms! My garden in the back still is snow covered and the front just melted today.Had to scrape lots of ice off my windshield this morning, calling for a rain snow mix tomorrow. I don't even plant until after the May long weekend ever because it usually snows at some point.I miss Ontario weather.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There are buds on my hedge. This week's project was replacing 7 boards on the deck, part of the railing and the stairs. Not bad for 25 years, it held up very well. SO I got a little ambitious and sanded the whole deck with my new belt sander lol, then power washed it and will wait a couple of weeks for it to dry out before staining it again . It will look all shiny and new

I uncovered all my ceramic pots and one is cracked oh well it was a bad winter

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thats pretty energenic! Saturday and tonight after work, I worked on my moms lawn. I got it cut, rolled, aerated, overseeded and fertilized. I used the tractor, so it wasnt hard work, but I found it too cold after a few hours for me.
    But Im done! Theres a big bag of dirt that was delivered today waiting for me to tackle this weekend.

Most of the crocuses at my house were squashed by the last round of rain.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Nothing blooming; fruit trees(pear apple,plum),green onions,roses, hostas, dappled willow etc are budding.Phlox should be out soon.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I am looking forward to this weekend. Anxious to get out in the front & back yard and see what I can see! I don't want to start pulling and digging up gardens till i know whats growing in there!
    And i need to throw some seed down. Im not sure if the people that lived there before us had a dog, but it looks like if they did they let it ruin the lawn.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

the crab grass in my lawn will be the death of me
    gourmetsue likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Daffodils opened this weekend! Tulips-well some have full size leaves but no open buds. There is one little tulip stalk about 4 inches high with small leaves and a very small bud visible. Weather (warm/cold) is confusing the poor flowers! Lots of the little lilacs too and those Siberian flowers all over the lawn now. Mint is about 6 inches high and I had cut some back in late March/early April to thin out the area and allow sun to reach the other plants around them.

Discovered a spot on lawn where its very obvious that black ants are homed. Had missed seeing it yesterday but today I picked up a piece of litter and noticed the ants. Heart sank at the sight. Sigh.
    Patty Smyth and GoJays like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Daffodils! I just planted the bulbs last fall - very late - so I didn't know if they would come up. Tulips are ALMOST there. Bleeding hearts have lots of leaves and the fern has a nice little fiddlehead peeping through.
    Natalka, Patty Smyth and GoJays like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I moved all my outdoor overwintered plants to balcony, great weather in Toronto. Filled all containers with dahlia, acidanthera, geranium, canna, begonia plants that were saved last season, overwintered in locker, and started indoors in March. So the balcony is already looking great and lush, and I have yet to spend a dollar on new plants

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Daffodils opened this weekend! Tulips-well some have full size leaves but no open buds. There is one little tulip stalk about 4 inches high with small leaves and a very small bud visible. Weather (warm/cold) is confusing the poor flowers! Lots of the little lilacs too and those Siberian flowers all over the lawn now. Mint is about 6 inches high and I had cut some back in late March/early April to thin out the area and allow sun to reach the other plants around them.

Discovered a spot on lawn where its very obvious that black ants are homed. Had missed seeing it yesterday but today I picked up a piece of litter and noticed the ants. Heart sank at the sight. Sigh.
    Try what I did last summer.. I poured boiling water over the nest then put out some ant traps for the survivors to munch on. I haven't seen them since It felt goooooood...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Try what I did last summer.. I poured boiling water over the nest then put out some ant traps for the survivors to munch on. I haven't seen them since It felt goooooood...
    Ants don't like water...so any time you can agitate them by flooding, they will look for a new place to live. I've done the boiling water trick too. (A former neighbour used to pour gasoline down the anthills in his yard!)
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tobiwobi View Post
    I moved all my outdoor overwintered plants to balcony, great weather in Toronto. Filled all containers with dahlia, acidanthera, geranium, canna, begonia plants that were saved last season, overwintered in locker, and started indoors in March. So the balcony is already looking great and lush, and I have yet to spend a dollar on new plants
    Same here - overwintered geraniums indoors. Will wait til the May 2-4 weekend to put them outside, though.

There are some "yellow flowers" blooming right now -- dandelions.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hyacinths, smell so good, lots of tulips ready to come out any second and my Daylilies coming up nicely too
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 39 of 149 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread Information