User Tag List

Page 1080 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 80 580 980 1030 1070 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1090 1130 1180 1580 2080 ... LastLast
Results 16,186 to 16,200 of 38252
Like Tree169121Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We are having homemade burgers on the bbq! Can't wait. Watching the Food Network makes me hungry.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last night was Thanksgiving dinner with Dad's family our options included:

Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, Potatoes, Potato Dumplings, Red Cabbage, Carrots, Green & Yellow Beans, Roasted veggie and Quinoa Salad, Butternut Squash, Smoke Salmon and Peas. Than for dessert we had apple crisp and pumpkin Pie.

Tonight I made Lasagna, Garlic Bread, and Cesar Salad with homemade Croutons.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

What are you doing with your thanksgiving leftover turkey?

There are always the traditional things like...
    a hot turkey samich with gravy
    Turkey ala king
    Turkey pot pie
    Turkey soup

But I like to change things up a bit
    I make green chili,
    fajitas, (you just add your fajita spices to the thinly sliced meat with lime and cook your veg, when the veg is almost done add the meat)
    I cut some up and freeze it with veggies then throw it in a noodles and sauce dish,
    monte christo sammies,
    Ranch turkey pizza with peppers and olives (so good!)
    Turkey enchiladas
    Turkey stew with noodles
    Turkey Shepard's pie
    Even in a stir fry or sweet and sour turkey balls! (the same as the fajitas applies, put garlic and soya sauce on the meat and let it sit for a couple minutes while the veggies start cooking... add the meat... add any sauce or slurry you have on hand and presto chango your done!

All of the above stuff is the reason I stock up on turkey when it is on sale... it is cheap real low fat meat that is quite versatile. Lets give some people with turkey left overs some ideas!
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Just in case some of you are all turkey-ed' out, or perhaps you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, you shold know that today is October 14th.....also National Chocolate Covered Insects Day.

October 14, 2013 is National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day

Today is National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day! Chocolate is one of the most popular flavors in the world and people will eat it on anything—strawberries, pretzels, peanuts, even bugs! This holiday honors anyone brave enough to try a bite of chocolate-covered insect.
    For this exotic snack, insects are roasted to perfection then coated in chocolate. Crickets and ants are the most popular variety, and most people think they taste like chocolate-covered popcorn. You can find an impressive selection online.
    In some countries, like China and Thailand, chocolate-covered insects are a delicacy. In Southern Africa, caterpillars (without the chocolate!) are an important source of protein for the indigenous people.
    Test your bravery on National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day, invite your friends over for a fear factor party, and sample this unusual treat!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    What are you doing with your thanksgiving leftover turkey?

There are always the traditional things like...
    a hot turkey samich with gravy
    Turkey ala king
    Turkey pot pie
    Turkey soup

But I like to change things up a bit
    I make green chili,
    fajitas, (you just add your fajita spices to the thinly sliced meat with lime and cook your veg, when the veg is almost done add the meat)
    I cut some up and freeze it with veggies then throw it in a noodles and sauce dish,
    monte christo sammies,
    Ranch turkey pizza with peppers and olives (so good!)
    Turkey enchiladas
    Turkey stew with noodles
    Turkey Shepard's pie
    Even in a stir fry or sweet and sour turkey balls! (the same as the fajitas applies, put garlic and soya sauce on the meat and let it sit for a couple minutes while the veggies start cooking... add the meat... add any sauce or slurry you have on hand and presto chango your done!

All of the above stuff is the reason I stock up on turkey when it is on sale... it is cheap real low fat meat that is quite versatile. Lets give some people with turkey left overs some ideas!
    I have four containers of leftover turkey that I may be eating until Christmas! One of the white meat containers is in the fridge to eat with the rest of my stuffing and sides this week. Saves me from having to come up with something quick to make before school for the next two nights and it's filling enough that I won't be starving half way through class. Plus my freezer is stuffed full so there is no room for the two containers of stuffing that I have. The other three containers of turkey are in the freezer. I have one more container of white meat which I will probably eat with veggies and potatoes for supper or make sandwiches/fajitas with, but probably not going to touch it for another month or so. The other two are containers of dark meat which I don't particularly like and will not eat just on a plate or in a sandwich. I don't think I have ever had the dark meat since we used to feed that to my dad LOL! The dark meat will be made into turkey pot pie/stew, and turkey chili. Basically things that mask that it's dark meat so I will eat it LOL! I may even try shredding or cutting some into chunks to put in spaghetti since I have a lot of pasta sauces and no freezer space for more meat until I eat up what is already in there. Oh and possibly spicy turkey pizza instead of spicy chicken. Just marinade the meat in sriracha sauce and then throw it on the pizza. I did this with chicken before and it's so good so turkey should be good too!
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Mon, Oct 14th, 2013 at 08:54 PM.
    harbie, cheekysaver, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Just in case some of you are all turkey-ed' out, or perhaps you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, you shold know that today is October 14th.....also National Chocolate Covered Insects Day.

October 14, 2013 is National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day

Today is National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day! Chocolate is one of the most popular flavors in the world and people will eat it on anything—strawberries, pretzels, peanuts, even bugs! This holiday honors anyone brave enough to try a bite of chocolate-covered insect.
    For this exotic snack, insects are roasted to perfection then coated in chocolate. Crickets and ants are the most popular variety, and most people think they taste like chocolate-covered popcorn. You can find an impressive selection online.
    In some countries, like China and Thailand, chocolate-covered insects are a delicacy. In Southern Africa, caterpillars (without the chocolate!) are an important source of protein for the indigenous people.
    Test your bravery on National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day, invite your friends over for a fear factor party, and sample this unusual treat!
    Well, no offense but its not my thing. Hubby would probably think im crazy. I love chocolate and yes ive eaten bugs before. You know, the kind you accidentally swallow!
    harbie, KelJo and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Does anyone have a good borsch recipe that they could share with me?

I grew some beets this summer, but dh hates beets and LO hasn't tried beets yet. I grew up loving borsch, so I thought it might be an enjoyable way for me to use the beets...since I am clearly going to be the main person eating them.
    Thanks
    harbie and SnowFlakey like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Leftovers tonight, yay! Ham, cabbage rolls, perogies - and other things still lurking from the weekend, but will add a salad.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Yesterday I had taken some ground beef out to make meatballs and DF offered to make dinner . I did not want him attempting meatballs so I let him make the burgers he felt like having a day or two ago. He made a macaroni salad with that (with the AWESOME quick chef chopper i got at my tupperware party). To be honest, his burgers were the best I ever had. He had put some cheese, minced garlic and onion in the meat, bacon, sliced cheese.. wow.. Ah-mazing! .. and I usually am not a fan of burgers.

Bonus there's just enough meat left to make meatballs for me and DD tonight since it's just the two of us.

However all you guys's thanksgiving dinners looked amazing.. I never celebrated thanksgiving.. not cause I don't want to but for some reason my parent's never did.. looks like a lot of work though

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I have eaten so much all weekend--yikes!! I had like 3 desserts yesterday!! ha ha ..I might just eat salad for the next couple of days..but I was able to take home some of the leftovers so that will be on the menu this evening..(WITH A SALAD!) LOL

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Turkey day leftovers for the next week most likely!! I did a turkey omelet for lunch even LOL!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Vegetable soup.
    Ok, ok, with some leftover turkey thrown in .
    harbie, Angela273, KelJo and 1 others like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

home made lasagna.. the sauce is looking perfect!

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Meatballs over rice. Even snuck some zucchini and celeri in there and DD never noticed whoop!!!

And yes we are eating in the living room. Movie night for us tonight
    Like DD calls it when DF works late : Mommy and Juju time !!!
    harbie, Cocottee00, KelJo and 1 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Neither one of us felt like cooking so i had a toasted tomato sandwich (still have some tomatoes in our garden); and hubby made himself a large bowl of porridge. This is what happens when we get lazy. Well, at least we get lazy together. lol

Thread Information