User Tag List

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Angela273, I'm sorry to read of your relative's sudden passing. One day at a time. It's good that you and DH seem to be aware of giving each other time to let the cousin's passing sink in. Has LO picked on both of your moods? He must be aware that Mom and Dad seem sad or quiet.

Your teaching month ended with two high notes-the student potluck and the early payment on work. The planning and efforts you put into distributing your cards this fall came back with work and you are building a group of regular teachers who call you when they need coverage.
    LO hasn't seemed to notice. He's being his regular self, and we are trying to be too. I just checked my bank balance and I haven't received early payment from either of the school division yet. I have some random teaching days booked all the way until the end of June 2015.

I talked to my mom for a while last night. Dad raised me, so I'm not as close with my mom. She mentioned that the whole family has a break over the holidays this year, so there is a chance that they might come to visit. Last time mom and her fiance visited was when I was pregnant with LO 2.5yrs ago. My younger siblings haven't been to our house since before that. I'm not keeping my hopes up, in case it isn't obvious...my mom isn't one to plan much in advance. The earliest they might arrive is Dec 26.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    that what i was thinking too Avon.. have him checked out..

i was busy baking tonite as well. needed to make more cookies as kids ate the ones i made for xmas.
    sending a box of goodies to dh's co worker.
    im still in shock tomorrow is christmas eve.
    I share your sentiment about finding it hard to believe it is Christmas eve tonight. I still need to wrap some presents for our little family. Our family pictures just arrived at WM yesterday, so I will also need to organize and address the cards to be mailed out. I knew they would be late because LO was sick and we had to do the pictures at a date later than first planned. Oh well, at least everyone will receive an updated family picture...I'd sure like one from other family members. I haven't done any Christmas baking, but we don't have any confirmed visitors. I might make some non bake treats today. The possibilities are: rice krispie squares, puffed wheat squares, butterscotch marshmallow squares, etc.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    (((hugs))) to all who need them.

I am just going to come out and say Christmas is just stressful and I must admit the older I get the less enjoyable it seems to be at times.

I have been trying to keep myself beyond busy, I must admit over the last few years I find this time of year extremely lonely and it really gets me down. So I am trying to take the approach that if I do not have time to think maybe my mind will shut down. I brought home a huge stack of papers from work and some how managed to get through them all in 2 days so plan foiled. As much as I was looking forward to Shut Down I was worried as work keeps my mind off my personal so I was hoping to use work well off to do the same but I guess I worked a little too fast. The other day when Mom went to work I got extremely anxious and all of a sudden upset (not really sure what set me off) so I made myself super busy. I managed to get our Wii and DVD player both hooked up so I took out my anxiety by boxing and playing tennis on the Wii and it seemed to help.

As well I have been cleaning like a mad woman, it is going well so far but quite frustrating. Mom keeps telling me how the house HAS to be DONE before I go back to work as she can no longer pay for the storage unit but so far her helping has been limited. She has been helping which I am grateful for but after a few hours she went into I do not care just hide it somewhere mode which is not going to help as hiding things just puts these things in areas that will need to be cleaned later especially if she wants everything out of the storage unit. We will see what happens once Christmas it over.

Christmas baking is pretty much done, I did have to cut back my list as time ran out so, so far I will be taking Peanut Butter Cheese Cake Shots, Lime Meringue Cheesecake Mousse Shots, Chocolate Cheesecake Souffle, Candied Cranberries and Chocolate Peanut Butter Melts Away. Mom is supposed to make cookies for me to take as well but so far she is not moving very quickly so we will see what is done before I need to leave.

We also decided to skip the wrapping this year, I know where our wrapping paper is but bringing it upstairs well it would be a challenge so we decided to do Christmas Loot bags again which completely works for me. So I just need to pack up what needs to go to Dad about 90% of the gifts for Dad's are giftcards I will just put in cards.

I feel like I have no Christmas Spirit this year, I was trying to get into the whole Christmas thing but well than my bad mood took over and more than anything I just want it to be over. I know that sound horrible but I am over all of the happy ending Christmas movies and the pressure. Something that happened at our company Christmas Lunch is getting to me because I know it will come up tonight, I was holding my cousin's baby so his wife could eat and I would hear my family (at another table) talking about how natural I looked with a baby and how they always expected me to be married and have kids by now. As well once I got home when I told my Mom about the baby being there the first thing she said is do you not want one of your own. I am feeling a ton of pressure and I am getting really sick of those close to me making it sound and feel like I am choosing to be alone and nicely pointing out if I want to have kids my time is running out. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, me and dating do not mix well (there should be a massive warning label), I would love to find that special someone but it is not that easy. The closest I got was my friend who was in a coma (No idea how he currently is doing as I have no heard from him or his family since September), I won't lie, I would not be against a romantic Christmas movie moment of a message from him over the holiday season but I will not hold my breathe, not really the way things go for me. I kind of feel like right now I either get the pressure from my family or random guys judging how messed up my life is (there words not mine). Sorry for my rant I am just really really really not looking forward tonight. I remember when I used to love Christmas getting together with family just hanging out but now I go in with knots in my stomach and holding my breathe waiting the questions and judging to start. I know my cousin will be the worst (hopefully the baby has left him over tired and off his game) as he LOVES to point out how I am older than him and he is the one who is married and now has a baby. Hopefully my worrying and the knots in my stomach will be for nothing and all will go well.

Wishing everyone a Stress free and Drama Free Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Ashley I hear ya about the baby questions. I used to get them all the time.

I also don`t enjoy Christmas anymore. This year I feel like Scrooge and the Grinch all rolled into one. Last night my nephew and his family dropped in and then our neighbour brought his new lady friend over and all I could think was, the house is a mess, I don`t feel like company and could you please go home.

Hope everyone else enjoys their Christmas.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Andit hope your surgery went well yesterday.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ashley, Try to rise above any comments about cleaning the house or having babies. Ignore them, redirect the conversation to another topic or politely say you would rather not discuss these topics and move on-these things will happen if and when you are ready and on nobody elses schedule. I hope you can have a lower stress time visiting with your relatives!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Ginger Bread House I made for Christmas.

Write me if you want the recipe.

Name:  !cid_X_MA1_1418856199@aol.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  21.3 KB
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Dec 24th, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    The Ginger Bread House I made for Christmas.

Write me if you want the recipe.

Name:  !cid_X_MA1_1418856199@aol.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  21.3 KB
    Made me laugh!! I might just do this!! Merry Christmas !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

lizzie, this is hysterical
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes I thought we all needed a little humour today as we work so hard and rush around trying to get everything just right!! Happy Holidays to all!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Dec 24th, 2014 at 01:37 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just wanted to say -happy holidays to all you ladies the young and the ones my age -lol
    -we have 2 open houses to go to tonight-and hubby and I were up at 5.30 to watch "ashlyn"
    -well at least I am more relaxed on xmas -as we are having it boxing day so all my kids can be here
    -daughter will show up with her hubby on xmas around 12 noon -we may take in a show and she will make pasta and homemade sauce
    -she told me they are not buying canollis now (it is fine by me)-she is bringing tarts -and will finish them at my house lemon curd and blueberry

-Ashley-don't worry about peoples comments -I know its hard my daughter is 33 next year ,she has been married 4 years in jan -and everyone is asking when are you having a baby ,even their friends in the suburbs that have a huge home a one or 2 kids -they are planning a trip to Ireland in may -she said maybe end of next year mom -maybe not -I don't care -I would never ask her don't you want kids -whatever she chooses in life and what makes her happy is fine by me
    -she hears time is running out all the time from people
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Dec 24th, 2014 at 02:50 PM.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

why does the last minute *tick tick* get to us.. stopped into costco to get buns for a dinner..
    two more presents to wrap... gotta love my man.
    so now thats 5 more presents to wrap plus the two i still need to make and then wrap.
    plus whatever hubby has stashed..
    did my baking last night. so just waiting for ingredients of lazy mans cabbage rolls to thaw, throw them together for tomorrow.
    cut and butter 70 buns.
    nothing much but laundry and a kitchen to tidy.

hope everyone has a wonderful christmas. if we dont' chat til after.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Have a wonderful Christmas eve and Christmas everyone, wishing you a peaceful day filled with family and love.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Merry Christmas everyone.
    I hope for a better 2015 for all of us.
    Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

avon your poor dh, wishing you and him a wonderful Chirstmas together
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information