User Tag List

Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So Jaden has a lung infection as a result of that nasty cold, the doc prescribed a pump so dh paid the difference which we will submit to my prescription coverage. So I guess technically I am at 4 days no spend??? as yesterday did cost us something until the check comes back (lol)

Lunch was dry soup from the pantry and added some noodles I had lying around to thicken it up and we used up 2 opened packages of soda crackers so the pantry is looking good.

Dinner tonight is pizza for the kiddos and deer meat for dh and I as dh is not fussy for pizza and kiddos are not fussy for deer plus there will be enough pizza leftover for Jaden's lunch tomorrow (so win win).

Wishing everyone a great that, stay warm.

Update - dh went back downstairs this am and is almost finished going through his rubbermaids, I think there are 2 left for him to sort.....yippee.....it may have taken 2 years (yes 2 years) but he had to do it in his own time AND YES with a little suggestion from me HOWEVER it doesn't hurt that he needed some rubbermaids....winner winner chicken dinner (smile).
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Found $1 off Crest Toothpaste coupons at RCSS today. Which is good as we are getting low. Now for a sale and tax free day (bought 2 kid ones today for .98 cents after coupon. On sale for $1.98 reg was $2.49 I think)
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah Nancy! I'm hoping to start the storage room tonight and keep at it till its done and organized (with as much junk going out as possible!!)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

If anyone comes across $1.00 McCain coupons good on various products, I am unsure if there are any out BUT please let me know and hopefully we can work something out. thxs

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yeah Nancy! I'm hoping to start the storage room tonight and keep at it till its done and organized (with as much junk going out as possible!!)
    You always amaze me with all your energy & determination, can I clone you???? - keep up the great work FBM but do relax a bit.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

lol thanks. I feel like I'm spinning in circles

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

And this weekend is a write off- Leave Friday at noon for a hockey tournament for the weekend. But I'm looking at it as a fun weekend with my hockey player and pool

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Nancy, Hope Jaden is feeling better soon, what is a pump for a lung infection? Never heard of that before .

IGA had pepperoni sticks on sale for 50 cents each so bought 12 to make pepperoni cheese sticks for Lunches for my high schooler.
    I hate feeding him nitrates and I do not buy lunch meat but I will make an exception for these, he has been begging for them!!I am hoping to cancel out the unhealthiness of the nitrates by making them with whole wheat dough, it is rising now.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

With your organization efforts, Frugalbigmama, can the rule of a new item in, an old item out (they have to deal with it) apply to everyone's stuff so you can see your space year-round? I still remember your victory in getting the garage back to where you wanted it! Perhaps you can add some pampering during your hotel stay as a reward for getting 2014 packed up!
    @jasperandchar - miracles do work swiftly when your organization wish lined up with DH's tote container needs-and you saved money! EXCELLENT!
    @MrsSunshine -like your Michael's spree post! Congratulations on the new job and see where it takes you!

Took Mom out grocery shopping with the car-can you believe that the only frozen turkeys at the grocery store are turduckens ($99.99-thought it was a misprint) or halal turkeys ($24.99)? Mom got one of the turkeys (2 in the freezer) so she can have roast turkey for tomorrow. Reduced bakery-my eyes spied a raspberry almond crostata (large sugar tart) with the 50% off sticker, so it went into the cart.
    Could not get the Dark Ginger Ale-empty rack. At least there is a shelf price sticker in place.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow I am so impressed with all the sorters/organizers this month!! Did we all jinx the weather with the name of our Jan thread?-lol. Great minds think alike Angela and TG. I went to Safeway this a.m. for 10% Tues-I prefer them as you only have to spend $35 vs $50 to get the discount. I headed staight to the 50% off clearance items( which then instantly became 60% off).

Ended up buying some top sirloin steaks at 10.60 kg, pork loin cutlets for 6.95 per kg, bread for .85 per loaf-shortdated so popped them in the freezer. Also cashed in $20 of Airmiles so only spent $17 for quite a few items-to top it off the receipt is good for 5 cents per litre off gas and I won a free chocolate bar in their current seepstakes. That is my kind of shop as Safeway is usually kind of expensive I think.

Oh dear J and C-I don't know that I have had any no spend days this month! Our property tax assessment arrived in the mail this a.m.-looks like, according to the city, our house value went up about 9% this year-which would be good if we were planning to sell it but in the short term I am sure our property taxes will be going up once the bill arrives in June-oh well they have been cheaper here than many other folks I know-c'est le vie.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Tue, Jan 6th, 2015 at 03:00 PM.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my word JC.. a pump for a lung infection. is that for medication. or to increase the air flow?... LOL @ winner winner chicken dinner.. too funny.

thanks Ciel for the good wishes. unfortunately dont' have the job yet.. only applied. going to email them tonite to thank them for the opportunity.
    hope to hear back soon from them.

so far im at day 6 with no spending (out of the bank anyway) out of wallet doesnt' count.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's just the matter of getting rid of stuff that we don't need. And as the kids grow older and not needed for hand me downs so out it goes. I am getting better at it
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

FPC for Pepperidge Farm crisps available on both save.ca and Walmart site. They had disappeared earlier in the day, but I just got both.

http://save.ca/coupons

http://www.walmart.ca/en/coupons
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Jan 6th, 2015 at 06:21 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner done. Dishes washed and drying on the counter. Lunch bags cleaned out and dishes washed. Waiting for boys to empty dishwasher. Working on homework with ds. Went to storage room and cleaned up one shelf ( oldest DS was watching tv and asked if I could come back later lol) cleaned 1 bathroom a bit. Gather dirty laundry to drop at grandmas for washing tomorrow night . Took chicken out to defrost for tomorrow nights dinner. Now off to get more done!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

With my long daycare work hours and DH back on afternoon shift I've been doing a lot of batch cooking on the wknds. On Sunday I made 24 pumpkin muffins, 12 oatmeal cranberry breakfast bars, 1 large 9 x 12 crustless broccoli quiche and 1 large fruit salad for breakfasts for the week. Then I made a meatloaf (1lb ground beef + 1lb ground pork) and a roasted butternut squash (made enough for lunches yesterday and dinner tonight) and then a large pkg of chicken thighs plus sides (sweet potatoes and broccoli and then stir fry veggies and rice) This made enough for dinner Sun and Mon night and lunch today). Now the fridge is all cleared out and I have to go back to cooking tomorrow lol (except breakfasts - still have lots of muffins etc... left lol).

Since I shouldn't be too busy tomorrow (and DH will be home at lunch to help me) it looks like we'll have time to make: a tuna noodle casserole, turkey burgers with a salad and then a beef roast in the crockpot. Should make enough meals to get us through til the wknd lol.
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Tue, Jan 6th, 2015 at 07:17 PM.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information