User Tag List

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @thriftygranny some UCCB would be great BUT there is nothing being talked about which I find odd (sigh)
    Just saw a commercial saying sport tax credit now $1k and UCCB with small print saying "UPON PARLMIMENTARY APPROVAL" so I don't think it's a done deal
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh this heat is tiring with a 20 month old took her for a walk today -small one don't want her to get burnt she slept 2 and a half hours in the afternoon-so I did 2 loads for my daughter-in law

-then after she work up gave her a snack and put her in the blow pool-nice and warm cause I filled it on her nap -the papa came by at 430 and we went to mcdonalds for an ice cream-ashlyn had a tiny tiny kiddie one just right for her -well missed shoppers sun/mon specials oh well saving money

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Tuesday Morning, I will admit yes I am counting down to this weekend, although my cold is getting better I am still so tired. Last night's storm did not help woke me up around 11 and for some reason my mind went oh we are awake let's think about 35 different things so I could not get back to sleep. Why is it the one night where all you want is a good night sleep something happens???

Avon no other way to say it other then that sucks. I remember a few years ago my brother was taking one of our company cars to trade it in, part way there a stone flew off a dump truck tire and completely cracked the windshield. So we had to pay to replace the windshield on a car we were trading in, as Dad put it, it is one of those freak things.

I am trying to get back into more of a routine at night as lately not a lot is getting done at home. I am trying to find a balance between doing nothing and becoming an insane woman on a mission. I need to find time to get things done at home but at the same time working a 10 hour day and coming home and working for 4 or 5 hours on the house is not working as I just get worn out and give up for a bit. So I would like to find a happy medium where I can get stuff done but also find a little bit of me time each night. I mean I am 31 single and no kids and cannot seem to find time for me something just seems very off about that. So I think it is time to start setting goals again but keeping in mind not everything has to be done today.

I was so happy to come in $3 under budget last week on groceries but we had to spend it. I few weeks ago we ran out of oats and the best deal without a sale was No Name oats which he picked up but these oats are seriously weird. We eat a TON of granola but it is like the oats do not absorb any of the liquid and even after baking they are just one huge sticky mess. I also make overnight oatmeal all the time and they do not absorb the liquid the same. It almost feels like they have a coating on them, it is really weird. So Mom grabbed a bag of oats the other day as oats in our house are like milk and bread a must have. But that means the $3 is gone. Going to have to price out oats at Costco as no one seems to be putting them on sale not to mention I had to go to multiple stores just find large flake oats all our stores seem to know only be carrying quick and minute oats both of which we keep on hand but you go through almost a bag a week of large flake.

Hope everyone has a great day off to see what today will bring.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I normally purchase the butcher's choice hot Italian sausages but last week I was at FreshCo and they had the compliments hot Italian on sale there 12 large sausages (1.25kg) on for $8.00, well we cooked them on the weekend at the cottage and I will be buying them from Freshco. vs. the butcher's choice. They don't shrink and they are acutally hot. Need to calculate the cost. Also purchased the ground beef tubes on sale at GT this week and well I'm sold, they are so lean that they are extremely delicate to handle in patties, so soft and no grease on my hands when making the patties....winner winner. I believe the sausage are $2.90lbs which seems like a lot but like I said they don't shrink so no fillers, fat etc....anyone want to double check my match @sweet sparrow = .67 each
    @jasperandchar :

The sausages are almost the same price, so if you happen to be closer to one store than the other, or if you're shopping and they look good, go for it! Here's the math, because I know how much you love math:

Compliments Hot Italian:
    1.25 kg/$8 = 1250 g/$8 = 156.25 g per dollar

Butcher's Choice?:
    1 lb = 453.59237 g
    453.59237 g/$2.90 = 156.411162 g per dollar

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasperandchar - The $1K sports credit was allowed for 2014 taxes. I am so curious about this UCCB too. I do think if we get it that the payment in July will include Jan to Jun and July. I did read that somewhere and it makes sense to just make one payment.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A cloudy day here today. Hope it rains and gets it over with. My grass is looking great Watering the grass is not something I have time for so the rain is good for me for this reason. Brought leftovers from dinner for my lunch (my honey made an amazing dinner. Bow tie pasta with chicken, shrimp, asparagus, tomato and peppers. A yummy sauce he whipped up. It was so good!)

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Brats are fighting over the sunshine again, so things are back to normal around here.

Off to have lunch with a friend - Thai food again. Yummmm. Too bad there won't be a doggy bag for the roommates.

Better get going - noon will be here before I know it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@lilo0003 : Happy belated anniversary!
    @Granger : Is that your DH's math beside him with the sidewalk chalk? I'm glad he found the source of the plug and hope the job is easier than it looks!

What a horrible storm yesterday. We had lightning, hail, thunder, pounding rain, and possibly worst of all, a power surge. Lightning struck near our house and caused a power surge that set off the carbon monoxide detector at 1 AM and fried DH's cell phone. I hope it only needs the battery to be reset, but if not, replacing the entire phone will be expensive. It has to be a certain type of phone to match all the others at work to have the same data capacity, capabilities, etc.

Not to mention a lot of LO's videos and photos are on there. I'd be very upset if we lost all those baby videos.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So far a lazy day but I should get moving. DD is off to work and DH will be at noon( his last day before summer break). I will be picking my Mum up and going to the audiologist, dropping off the band uniforms that I got dry cleaned for the lazy parents who dropped them off dirty( don't get me started) and going for blood work this aft. I found my Mum a great deal on hearing aides-they were on sale, plus the govt kicked in 2400 as she is low income so only cost her $590 for the set with free batteries for 3 years etc. I suggested she get them quick before she moves to Ontario next month as I don't know if/when she might get some govt assistance there-and since she has lived here for 24 years I felt she should get them now. As a bonus they were giving 1,000 free airmiles and my Mum does not have a card so I guess I will have $100 of free gas or groceries for chauffering her to her apts as she has already sold her car. Yippee.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow yes I love math but doubt myself way too often - thanks for taking the time to help me out (kiss)

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Pipe work finished just before rain last night. Still have to let dirt and new work all settle before filling in. Also make sure it is all functioning!!!

Bowling and movie with school kids today. Super day. My class threw me a surprise shower at the bowling alley. Balloons and a card with a $50 Toys r us gift card. Feeling totally blessed. Inside Out was great movie and I would recommend to families with preteens. Rich themes to talk about at the dinner table. I cried, will blame pregnancy.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @jasperandchar - The $1K sports credit was allowed for 2014 taxes. I am so curious about this UCCB too. I do think if we get it that the payment in July will include Jan to Jun and July. I did read that somewhere and it makes sense to just make one payment.
    The back pay will be deposited in July. You can google it and read the government website.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    The back pay will be deposited in July. You can google it and read the government website.
    I thought the January to June payments were to be mailed out in July but as I mentioned the commercial is stating upon gov't approval and well I've not heard anyting on the news. As well while on the CRA yesterday they did not state when the cheques / payments would officially be mailed only stated when the July payment was to be direct deposited. Thanks for your input

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger what a wonderful surprise, you are very blessed

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So I had no luck with getting the roast beef, but then we tend to not eat roast in the summer so I will just wait for another sale.
    I did pick up two packs of the honey garlic sausage at no frills, I bought them last time they were on sale based on a recommedation here I think and DH loved them. he even split them up and put them into the freezer in smaller sizes. I also take back my complaints about my PCplus offers. I had 400 points for each Dianas BBQ sauce,this is our favourite and so I picked up 8 bottles at NF on sale for 1.97. We use a bottle a wek in the summer as I drown the chicken in this and add Montreal chicken spice, slow cook on the BBQ. We do this 2-3 times a week and the kids never complain. If there are leftovers it is yummy on salad, but with boys leftovers are rare.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information