User Tag List

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

It's nice that the temps are warming up (it's still summer! it should be 20+C - ok, hoping for 30+C, but I won't push it ).

Critters are happily napping in the sunshine. I'm sooo tempted to join them, but I have too much to do. Tonight I'm off to see Kinky Boots (postponed 3 times, last time was when I had my little vacation in the isolation ward at the hospital - the only perk to food poisoning is that they always worry I'm a contagion and get a great big room with a view all to myself ).

Better go get started with my day. Or nap.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I am so disappointed with the Walmart Anniversary sale. No idea why I was expecting a better sale. I can honestly say that I hardly buy anything from Walmart anymore. I don't even use the flyer when price matching at RCSS.
    Me too. I'm not sure if I should pick up an extra bowl for LO or not. There isn't really an extra bowl she can use, but I'm trying to evaluate each purchase now that a major clean up effort is upcoming. Her first daycare broke the only extra she had. The other option is to heat another bowl and put it in her melamine bowl. Hm.

In past years, I bought a coffeemaker for DH. I was hoping it would be on sale again this year, but I don't see one. His coffeepot cracked recently and I've heard that the new Keurig pods are printed with security features so only they get accepted in the new models. DH's workplace got around this by cutting the sensory wire, but it seems like an expensive purchase to mess about with.

Does anyone have the traditional coffeemaker and where do you get replacement coffeepots?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My coffee pot broke on mine too awhile back and after buying 2 to see if they fit I gave up. My sister gave me her Keurig so I use the re-useable pod and make it a cup at a time. I only drink one cup myself so it works for me. My coffee addict man needs at least 2 so he makes a cup for him then one for me then another for him lol

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Only thing for me this year at Wal-Mart is Blanket Wool, oh another project. I need a new comforter but don't really want to spend the money so going to make a throw for cold nights.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Sorry for the long hiatus. LO's potty training is difficult with daycare. We've been encouraging her to tell us when she needs to use the washroom. It's been working pretty well and if she stays calm and focused (no TV or DH swinging her around or tossing her in the air), she can tell us maybe 80% of the time.

Unfortunately, daycare takes all the children to the potty routinely so she never has to hold to the danger point and she could stay dry all day, but not ever need to tell anyone. On the weekends, she says nothing until an accident happens. It feels like I have just as much laundry as before.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter3 View Post
    Does anyone have any advice for getting rid of books?
    The KonMari book has a chapter on decluttering books, but be warned. She's ruthless!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Tue, Sep 15th, 2015 at 11:45 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Rainy cold morning here, going to see the positive and catch up around the house. My husband went into atrial fibrillation on Sunday again so 24 hours in emergency, the hospital visits are many these days. they fibrillated him and his heart is back in normal rhythm, fourth time in the past year and the wait list for a surgery is 3-4 years.....this meical stuff just keeps popping out of nowhere.
    Going to be a frugal week, not much to buy so will work my few shifts this week and get by book keeping caught up, I have to finish our company year end and am determined to have it done on the weekend!
    Enjoy the day everyone.

PS
    Cutest bat I have ever seen Granger!!
    Avon, wishing you only good things for today!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight's plan: Heat up homemade mac and cheese that I pulled from the freezer. Sort other leftovers. Feed everyone.
    Empty school bags and lunch bags. Get kids to finish anything that needs doing.
    Prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. (Fry eggs for Egg mcmuffins/pull yogurt and fruit from freezer for smoothies)
    Clean up kitchen and fridge.
    Run dishwasher after 7pm.
    Gather all dirty laundry and toss a load in.
    Clean upstairs washrooms. Put garbage out in can.
    Go in laundry room and box up entire shelf that has odds and ends on it. Put it in the livingroom to go through while watching the late night news (garbage- for sale- take pics and post for sale right away) I need to take back my laundry room and get it organized. So I am going to make it my plan to do a bit every night this week.
    Finish laundry and put away clean dishes.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Any people who use PC Plus should check this out. There are new helpful features on the app.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/352518-...me-canada-396/
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I have it on order from the library and have heard maybe about a quarter of the e-book. I think if you fold the way she does, you actually have more room in your drawers so there looks like there's more space. I know there are a lot of things we need to get rid of, so I'm trying to declutter a teensy bit before I read it. Like read the books I've never read and go through the magazines I never had a chance to while pregnant. You know, the slow way and how you're not supposed to do it.

I'm keeping all our baby things just in case. Two of our friends have had "surprises" this past year and have had to buy back or borrow everything they used to have. Most of our things were borrowed anyways, so what we do have fits into maybe five diaper boxes at most.
    I haven't read any of the book yet. Not feeling very great so been going to be almost as soon as baby does. Hopefully I can start soon. My house needs it! We are in the middle of some renos too so stuff is everywhere. Making me extra crazy!

We have so much baby stuff because we bought everything. Swings, car seats, jumperoos, bouncers, playpens, mini playpens, baby baths, etc, etc, etc. Thankfully my Mom let us store some stuff at her house.

Used my lunch break to take advantage of some great sales at the grocery store. $1.49 a pound for chicken drumsticks and pork butt roast! Totally stocked up on chicken! Also got a SCOP at WalMart this morning. Feeling extra happy today with the savings.

Also been working on my specials for my first Norwex party this Friday. Got the flyers made and sent off. Fingers crossed for approvals!
    Last edited by sotypical; Tue, Sep 15th, 2015 at 03:48 PM.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well tired again -so upset about my car hubby tried new battery still wont start -we may go down to one car - if car cant be fixed cheaply
    -daughter-in-law asked me if I would slice her pepers as she wanted to come in door and make stirfry -she gets in at 6.00 p.m son gets in 6.20 -no problem -it must be hard for working mom's to juggle everything in life
    -well cant wait to be off on Wednesday may try and put protector on the shed as we are having a heatwave here

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Rainy cold morning here, going to see the positive and catch up around the house. My husband went into atrial fibrillation on Sunday again so 24 hours in emergency, the hospital visits are many these days. they fibrillated him and his heart is back in normal rhythm, fourth time in the past year and the wait list for a surgery is 3-4 years.....this meical stuff just keeps popping out of nowhere.
    Going to be a frugal week, not much to buy so will work my few shifts this week and get by book keeping caught up, I have to finish our company year end and am determined to have it done on the weekend!
    Enjoy the day everyone.

PS
    Oh, my - about your husband. Any way he can be put on an urgent/critical list? What about going out of province?

Boring day here, not much to say! Rained all day, so that matched my mood... wish I were like the kitties, sleeping the day/evening away!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Enjoy the day everyone.

PS
    @thriftygranny so sorry to hear about your dh, thoughts & prayers for your family, that is a ridiculous wait time (hugs)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger love the bat costume
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, my - about your husband. Any way he can be put on an urgent/critical list? What about going out of province?

Boring day here, not much to say! Rained all day, so that matched my mood... wish I were like the kitties, sleeping the day/evening away!
    Thanks Natalka, You can live with Afib it just isn't very fun, the meds make him so tired and he has had significant weight gain, they tried taking him off his meds two weeks ago hoping his heart would stay in rhytym but it didn't so back to the meds and a long wait. Poor guy.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@thriftygranny That seems like an awful long wait time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Angela273, Lynn49, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information