User Tag List

Page 431 of 654 FirstFirst ... 331 381 421 429 430 431 432 433 441 481 531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Ouch - so very sorry - hoping it isn't too bad.

My rant is all the ads on the top and side of my screen, tracking the stuff online I have been looking at - yeah, that's really great when we have one computer and my husband and son can see what I've been looking at... Plus, I just get sick of seeing them.
    Still alive but not kicking.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 7 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    You and me both...At least I've stopped getting the Asian Brides and It's my personal puter not a shared one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Ouch - so very sorry - hoping it isn't too bad.

My rant is all the ads on the top and side of my screen, tracking the stuff online I have been looking at - yeah, that's really great when we have one computer and my husband and son can see what I've been looking at... Plus, I just get sick of seeing them.
    All I say is ad block. Nothing beats two white screens lining the forums!

However I did enjoy " Save 30% on HOOKER furniture "
    What a name!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

hallelujah sister! ad block is one of the best things ever downloaded onto my computer
    Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 10 others like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

My Walmart parking lot has almost no lines painted. They are so faded. Annoying to try and park and twice now I have been at the lights to exit in the left hand turning lane turning to a single lane road (you can still faintly see the white left turn arrow, however being first in line the vehicle covers it up. The yellow center line is nonexistent...) and a vehicle pulls up to the red light on the left of me, in the straight lane for the other direction! I have my left blinker on and everything. I look over and give them a glare, make sure they don't pull out and smack into me when the light goes green. The first time this happened, the lady didn't even notice and I let her go first...
    For visualization, there are 4 lanes total. 2 going in one direction into Walmart (right hand land; straight through lane). Then 2 lanes exiting Walmart (left turn lane or straight; right hand lane)
    I thought for sure Walmart would re paint their parking lot in the spring...not yet. I will be making a comment to the manager though in hopes it gets done before snow stays. I think Walmart has a responsibility to properly and safely advance traffic within their property. I would think this is some sort of bylaw even?? No idea... ...
    Ciel, macw1960, DaveP and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Rant at myself. I placed a MASSIVE order at a store and forgot to go through eBates!!! I lost $150.00 by forgetting! Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Rant at myself. I placed a MASSIVE order at a store and forgot to go through eBates!!! I lost $150.00 by forgetting! Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!
    OMG! I would almost cancel the order and reorder it through Ebates....that's a lot of cashback!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Walmart parking lot has almost no lines painted.
    Name:  parking.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  38.6 KB

Serves 'em right if people get creative with their parking, then!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I lost $150.00 by forgetting!
    OUCH! That's gotta hurt! So sorry to hear this for you, Wolfie. I'd be banging my head too. In fact, I have banged my head for the same reason, just not for that high amount of return. Got any chocolate? That might help a little. Condolences.....honestly....we of SmartCanuks understand your pain.

Name:  retail therapy.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  20.6 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    They say the memory goes first. I'm sure there will be another one come by.
    Ciel, macw1960, DaveP and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I agree with the ouch, Wolfie - I feel bad when it's only been a few dollars for me!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Why is so hard to donate stuff?
    I wanted to donate some new toys to a toy drive, the closest toy drive to me is about a 45 min away due to construction and there's nowhere else taking toys. But there's a bin in the mall five minutes away taking used stuffed animals to hand out to kids at Christmas.
    I had some diapers, pull ups and wipes(sealed bags from the big boxes)that we no longer need. Called the local women/children's shelter and they wouldn't take them because they weren't still in the sealed box. I understand not taking them if they were opened but they're still in sealed plastic bags!
    And don't get me started on how long it took me to find a food bank box at the grocery store yesterday, had to ask an employee and it was by the bathrooms(cus you know the first place I'd look for a food bank box is by the bathrooms). Should these things not be by the front doors or checkouts so people can actually find them?
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Lyssia510 -probably because there are donors who stuff donation boxes clearly marked clothing only with non clothing items and what not. Saw this scene at the intersection full of toys and one donation box door wedged open with a toy.
    You may find out if a community group or homeless place would welcome your donations. Fingers crossed...

Agree on the food donation box locations needing to be by checkouts or an entrance/lobby for visibility.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Why is so hard to donate stuff?
    I wanted to donate some new toys to a toy drive, the closest toy drive to me is about a 45 min away due to construction and there's nowhere else taking toys. But there's a bin in the mall five minutes away taking used stuffed animals to hand out to kids at Christmas.
    I had some diapers, pull ups and wipes(sealed bags from the big boxes)that we no longer need. Called the local women/children's shelter and they wouldn't take them because they weren't still in the sealed box. I understand not taking them if they were opened but they're still in sealed plastic bags!
    And don't get me started on how long it took me to find a food bank box at the grocery store yesterday, had to ask an employee and it was by the bathrooms(cus you know the first place I'd look for a food bank box is by the bathrooms). Should these things not be by the front doors or checkouts so people can actually find them?
    that sucks! there's no random set ups to drop things off, they should make it easy for people to donate, and the drop box for foodstuffs should be by the cash registers...so people can drop things in as they are leaving the store.. i always wonder about stores that bury the box in an obscure place
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My oven stopped working, so it's time to buy a new one.

$37 for a simple large vegetarian pizza from Boston Pizza???? Holy smokes, that's expensive. And it wasn't even good.

Can't wait for my new stove to get here on Wednesday. This eating at restaurants is too expensive and really, not all that enjoyable.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Back story to a small rant.
    i was made aware that the most needed items were for teenage girls and boys.. So I went to Dollarama and purchased cosmetic cases and toiletry bags and filled them up with stuff from Dollarama plus from my stockpile. I took them down to the local Police charity checkstop to drop them off along with some more toys and a couple of turkeys.
    The rant part? As I was getting back into my car, I was almost hit by some young idiot speeding through the checkstop. He swerved to miss the 3 officers standing there but almost took me out! And the worse part is that not one of the officers went to stop him! I realize they were performing a charity function but really?
    Just call me Wolfie

Thread Information