User Tag List

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    Just dropping in for a minute then off to do some more work. Busy day so when I get home I think Chicken Strips, Baked Potatoes and Cream Corn
    It has been so nice to use up my freezer and pantry items. Amazing what kind of suppers I've invented for everyone. LOL.
    We are doing the same and I was laughing last night saying how we were cleaning out the freezer yet eating like Kings (we had steak and shrimp last night!)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Some may recall I purchased some lighting on Feb. 14th I posted about this the 10% family day discount, airmiles, swag bucks etc. When I was done my order I wasn't able to print my receipt no printer, however, when I place an online order I always copy and paste the information and email to myself.

Well it certainly paid off this time.

I noticed on the email I sent myself which was my order but not the official receipt....blah....blah it said I saved $156.08 but on my receipt it only showed a $51.60 discount.

I thought to myself that's strange...anyways emailed lowes support asking why I only received $51.60 (10% family day discount) and where's the other other discount.

FIRST reply was no there was a glitch and so they can't do anything about it. I kindly asked if they could forward to someone who has authority to make the credit....

drum roll....so anyways I will be putting the credit back in my home reno account

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we consulted with our corporate response team. They have responded and authorized us to go ahead and refund you the $104.48 + applicable taxes. A total of $118.06 was refunded by my supervisor back to your original payment used. You should see this returned to your account in the next 3-5 business days or less.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. You may reach us via email at [email protected], by chat on our website, or by phone at 1-888-985-6937. Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Daniel Ratterree | Customer Service Associate
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Feb 16th, 2016 at 04:32 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow good luck with swagbucks
    @Ciel excellent finds with the coffee stamps
    @coupon girl great news on selling your puzzles
    @Scottishgal feels great using up those items we have on hand, I know I am doing that with the freezers, 2 of this, 2 of that 1 of those and it works
    @MrsSunshine hope all is well

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Thank you for sharing. I didn't know SnapSaves was going under...of sorts. I'll have to check my account balance and decide what to do from there.
    I have $7.00 and no products that look like I will need to buy $13.00 worth - Blick!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I had posted a socket set on kijiji many moons ago - finally someone offered us $10. He's coming tomorrow to pick it up. Another "little something" we don't use turning into something we DO use - $$$$$

I love your "trip-around-the-world" trip to Vegas, Andit! Glad you had a great time!

We got most of our deposit back from the apartment that we had thought we would move to. We weren't really expecting it but the super went to bat for us - he is a really nice guy.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day! Snowing here today. A good day to be at work I guess lol.
    Looking forward to getting stuff done around the house tonight since we were out of town last night for hockey.
    I did put a load in the washer late last night so will toss in the dryer tonight and put it away.
    Dinner tonight- I'm not sure yet. But will figure something out. Thinking bacon and eggs.
    Going to look at an item for sale today that I want for something I am doing at home. Will update if it works out
    Have a great day!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I had posted a socket set on kijiji many moons ago - finally someone offered us $10. He's coming tomorrow to pick it up. Another "little something" we don't use turning into something we DO use - $$$$$

I love your "trip-around-the-world" trip to Vegas, Andit! Glad you had a great time!

We got most of our deposit back from the apartment that we had thought we would move to. We weren't really expecting it but the super went to bat for us - he is a really nice guy.
    great news on all fronts

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @sweet sparrow good luck with swagbucks
    @jasperandchar : Thank you! I received an email saying they're looking into it, but haven't heard back yet.

Yesterday was horrible trying to push LO through the snow. It felt like my body was at a 45 degree angle leaning on it, pushing over 40 pounds uphill (toddler, snow gear, metal stroller frame, etc.). Nine more days in February to make it home in. Last year, it was much easier to get through the snow. What a difference 20 pounds makes! I also couldn't get the stroller hood up as LO is too tall for it to go over her head now. She told me she was cold a few times so I just pulled her scarf higher and told her we were almost home.

On Family Day weekend, we went to see my parents. Their furnace was broken on the coldest day we've had all year. LO thought her grandfather was smoking. I had to tell her everyone was only breathing. Oh my goodness, it was inhumane! They have some space heaters, but it was so cold in their older home that all the water pipes were frozen. The furnace repairman they called was too busy to come out, so we had to call someone to come from over an hour away. The $90/hour fee will be harsh.

Interestingly enough, we went into their washroom and I saw what looked like candles, the small tealights. On closer inspection, they were old toothpaste tubes. My mother had cut off the ends and sliced them up to the cap to use up every last bit. I think she could teach a course in frugality....

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Supper tonight is chicken drumsticks, I may cook 2 different ways as I am cooking 2 packs because I want leftovers for lunches, kiddos, etc.

I'm anxiously awaiting my Marks order which is showing delivery today, hoodies for ds1 (Christmas gift) , Columbia coat for my dad (combined Father's Day/Birthday), socks for my dad & dh and a coat for ds1 if he likes it. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have order ds1 the same coat as my dad (haha), however, if he likes my dad's coat better they still have his size in stock....time will tell.

Another snow day here, 2 in a row which is very rare.

This past weekend we sold our antique desk $75, our elliptical trainer $45 and some mason jars $18 which all went into our reno account

Wishing everyone a wonderful day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Supper tonight is chicken drumsticks, I may cook 2 different ways as I am cooking 2 packs because I want leftovers for lunches, kiddos, etc.

I'm anxiously awaiting my Marks order which is showing delivery today, hoodies for ds1 (Christmas gift) , Columbia coat for my dad (combined Father's Day/Birthday), socks for my dad & dh and a coat for ds1 if he likes it. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have order ds1 the same coat as my dad (haha), however, if he likes my dad's coat better they still have his size in stock....time will tell.

Another snow day here, 2 in a row which is very rare.

This past weekend we sold our antique desk $75, our elliptical trainer $45 and some mason jars $18 which all went into our reno account

Wishing everyone a wonderful day
    Great job on the sales! And big stuff that will be out of your space now!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Child wise we had a great day. Spent 1.5hrs at the family centre this morning. This afternoon I took the baby monitor outside & spent time with big brother in the front yard while the twins continued napping for an hour. Shoveled/chipped most of the ice off the driveway. Then built half a snowman before picking Dh up from work. The two of them are outside right now working on the snowman, which is near the snow castle. We have been getting some snow at night, melting during the day, then freezing again at night.

Many favourite belt broke this morning just before leaving the house. I've tried to replace it before but haven't been able to find anything like it.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The cold finally got me. I have been fighting it for a week. But now I feel blech. It's such a busy time at work so fingers crossed it passes quickly.
    Another frugal day. I am holding strong with not buying lunches or coffee so now I am going to try to make it through February without buying lunch.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Yes, it is 7 sample cans of powder. Once the can is open it is good for a month. We would not be able to use the amount sold in stores within that time. So the sample cans are perfect. Like prepared formula, once prepared it can be kept in the fridge for 24 hours and once fed up to 2 hours. Since Josie is 6 months and healthy, I think a lot of the "precautions" are probably over kill but we abide by them just in case. We chose to go from breast to cup with the other two and are doing the same with her. It makes for interesting and messier feedings than with a bottle (not that she would know what to do with that either!) Right now we are trying a small sippy without the suction insert so the formula free flows. I had these perfect TEENY TINY cups without suction with my other two. I can't find them now. They were great for babies. They looked like doll cups and I had bought at a Dollar store. Thanks for your tips, I know you must be pro with all the twin help you give.

We drove from gorgeous sun and clear roads into snowmageddon and squalls. It was insane how different the weather gradient was 15-30min apart in our travels.

"snowmageddon" !!! ha ha ha! i love it. syndi

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well dyed my hair -my roots anyway
    -son is coming over with ashlyn this afternoon then his wife is coming later for supper decided to ask them as I have a small roast

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Almost Friday for us working folk For you lucky retired ones everyday is like a Friday right? (My mom never knows what day it is lol)
    Tonight I hope to get tons done. I am on a mission. Picked up a beautiful like new Futon last night!! So I can set up the spare room as tv room for youngest DS. So excited. And I am not telling him till I am finished. Can't wait to have it all set up. So tonight I will be moving all the Rubbermaid bins out and hopefully posting tons for sale as I do so and get cleaning in there so I can set it up on the weekend.
    Dinner last night- We wanted Chinese food lol but settled for KD and ceaser salad with real bacon. It was just youngest and myself and we are easy to please. Besides, tomorrow is report card day and he has been doing fantastic so I'm thinking a celebration at the Chinese restaurant will be in order! (His last few French Tests he received more then perfect! 11/10 etc )

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information