User Tag List

Page 227 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 727 1227 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning everyone.
    Gosh @avoncallingu I really enjoyed the humour in your post there, about the liquor and glasses being easily accessible and the phrase your Dad used about " being dragged through a hedge backwards " Loved them both, I might use that last one in future next time I see my SIL's!! ha ha

Nice quiet morning here for me. Had the kitchen all to myself so made up a fresh mean green juice batch.
    Used 3 Honeycrisp apples that I got off the reduced produce rack yesterday.
    Apples are my go-to sweet to take the edge off of the lawn taste. Oh my are Honeycrisps ever sweet and very juicy.
    Only got 1.5 jugs this time probably because I used one bunch of both kale and spinach, the rest was all cucumbers, romaine, celery and basil.....and 1 lemon for good measure.

Home Run Derby is on tonight!! ( 8-11 p.m. ) cannot wait to see if Judge beats Stanton!! Should be very entertaining to watch.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ...Home Run Derby is on tonight!! ( 8-11 p.m. ) cannot wait to see if Judge beats Stanton!! Should be very entertaining to watch.
    Not going to address the Monstrosity of Batting Practice for the Astros last night huh @walkonby ? *headshake & sigh*
    DANGER

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Not going to address the Monstrosity of Batting Practice for the Astros last night huh @walkonby ? *headshake & sigh*
    but @danger_dan look at it this way.....if someone had told me a short whole ago when our Jays were losing over and over again that we would take 2 games from the Yankees and also 2 from the Astros ( best team by 15+ games in the A/L West ) I would have been thrilled!!
    So yeah, they beat us bad last game BUT we also took 2 from them, so it was a draw.
    Besides I could never be upset with Altuve!! he is such a cutie pie!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:03 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Up early again this morning, not sure what's up with Jenny but by 5am she needs to go outside! So at 5am I took her into bed, stuffed her under the covers and I got another hour's sleep. She never did this in the past, I usually had to nudge HER out of bed! I may have to keep an eye on things, but she seems to still be healthy, just needed a piddle, poo, piddle this morning. EARLY this morning. I let DH sleep in until around 8 when he got up...I was happy he slept through his usual tee-off time; I still think he's better off resting.
    @avoncallingu , like @walkonby , I loved that you made certain that your booze and drinking glasses were at the ready for you the night of your moving in!! hahaha!! Love it! I'm so sorry about your friend, though...what an awful thing to have happen, and in the US, too! Keep in touch...did I meet her when I was there?? Keep up the packing, Sweetheart, you're almost there!!!
    @danger_dan , sounds like things are perkolating right along for you and your wife! Goodness...to be in your first home together...I vagely recall that feeling and it was marvelous!! Good luck and I hope your FIL's having a speedy recovery.

I'm off for a mani-pedi this morning, then perhaps I'll cut out another top for myself, depending on my energy. It's so exhausting being pampered, ya know?

Have a lovely day, everyone, stay well, stay safe.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OH! @walkonby , I meant to mention....for the first time, I juiced 3 beets into my usual greens (spinach, celery, fresh ginger, apples, carrots, lettuce) and oh my goodness was it delicious!! DH doesn't seem to appreciate the taste as much as I do, lol, but I just think of how my body is thanking me for all that nutritious goodness its getting and feel very virtuous.
    I have the other half of the beet juice reserved to have with lunch...can't wait!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 yes!! I say whatever works for the individual palette is what is best. me? I never use carrot, just prefer them as food instead....I presently have a nice bag of beets in the fridge that will probably get cooked and eaten as well opposed to juicing.
    Congrats on your juicing adventure!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ That baseball guy is a cutie, for sure!

Thinking even more about my +Mom today, it's her birthday (1926). She was quite the special woman!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Natalka hope you have a good day. I usually think about my mom more on Christmas day since that's when she died. it kinda makes Christmas weird, but I think about good times I had with her.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1. I hope you had an absolutely wonderful w/end.
    Enjoy your day.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow, so much going on here.

The end of your moving adventures are almost here @avoncallinu & @danger_dan. Soon, it'll be relaxing in your new homes. And Avon, your auction ends tonight. I really hope it goes / went well for you.

All that juicing @walkonby & @Lynn49 - you two sure put me to shame.

Me, well I had a very busy, but fantastic w/end.
    Last edited by 22hicks; Mon, Jul 10th, 2017 at 12:52 PM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ That baseball guy is a cutie, for sure!
    I still do not believe the listed height of Altuve on the internet ( they say 5'6" ) but I think he is just a titch shorter.....anyways this pic of Aaron Judge ( listed as 6'7" ) who batted and reached 2nd base, there Altuve of course is defending the bag, so this is quite comical. Amazing athletes come in all sizes.

The photo has gone viral with some very cute memes/comments made. Nothing hurtful and besides Jose has the best sense of humour and attitude about his " shortcomings " He plays along with all of it.
    Also interesting ( probably to me only....lol ) is Aaron is younger than Jose by 2 years.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Heidy-Ho!!

Just back from my exhausting mani-pedi.....and @walkonby , I drank that beet juice/veggie mixture so fast I nearly got an ice-cream headache! Man, that was refreshing and filling! It's meatballs and spaghetti squash/sauce for dinner so that's my big meal for the day....not "big"...but a real meal. Oh, I forgot...nope. Instead of my usual banana smoothie this morning I had yogurt and Bran Buds.
    @cabmonk , I feel so badly for you, losing your Mom on Christmas day; it must have been an extremely rough time for you. Difficult enough losing a parent but on that day it must have been excrutiating.
    My Dad passed away on Dec 22nd...on Christmas Eve my DH and I were choosing his..well..it was horrible. Their presents were wrapped, waiting for them.....so terribly sad. How old were you, Cabbie?

But as bad as it was, and is, I have to remember those Christmases when he was with us...he was my Christmas partner to the annoyance of my Mom...we used to sneak Christmas stuff up from the basement far too early for her... I remember those days because I know he wouldn't want me to be sad.
    So in the same way, I hope you, too, can remember the good times, the celebrations...your Mom would want you to be happy, Hon.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 yeah it's been a while now though but I still think about her especially on that day. We knew she was dying though but still was hard. They gave her 6 months to live and a week later changed it to 3 months and then a week after that she died. She was on the palliative care floor of the hospital in Vancouver. She wasn't allowed visitors because she was completely out of it. She kinda was coming around and they said I could see her, so on my way home from work christmas morning I stopped by the hospital and santa visited her in the hospital. Christmas night I woke up about 8pm and thought there was a message for me on the phone but the light wasn't blinking so I took a shower to get ready for work. When I was done with my shower the light on my phone was blinking now and it was the hospital telling me my mom had passed away at 8pm and please call them. The shuttle driver from the hotel picked me up and drove me to the hospital. Then he gave me a ride to the hotel, not to work though. The gm said he was taking my next couple shifts for me but he didn't want me to be alone and said I could stay at the hotel for a few days. Over the next few hours I made arriangements with a funeral service to do my moms cremation and my uncle came from Timmins to help me. My uncle and the funeral home were impressed how well I handled everything.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Mon, Jul 10th, 2017 at 03:32 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    @Lynn49 yeah it's been a while now though but I still think about her especially on that day. We knew she was dying though but still was hard. They gave her 6 months to live and a week later changed it to 3 months and then a week after that she died. She was on the palliative care floor of the hospital in Vancouver. She wasn't allowed visitors because she was completely out of it. She kinda was coming around and they said I could see her, so on my way home from work christmas morning I stopped by the hospital and santa visited her in the hospital. Christmas night I woke up about 8pm and thought there was a message for me on the phone but the light wasn't blinking so I took a shower to get ready for work. When I was done with my shower the light on my phone was blinking now and it was the hospital telling me my mom had passed away at 8pm and please call them. The shuttle driver from the hotel picked me up and drove me to the hospital. Then he gave me a ride to the hotel, not to work though. The gm said he was taking my next couple shifts for me but he didn't want me to be alone and said I could stay at the hotel for a few days. Over the next few hours I made arriangements with a funeral service to do my moms cremation and my uncle came from Timmins to help me. My uncle and the funeral home were impressed how well I handled everything.

Oh, dear heart....so much to ask of a young son and so sorry you had to go through that. Of course, Hon, you're going to think about her and that's what we all do with our loved ones who have passed and it's healthy and right to do so and yes, it's sad for sure.

I have a funny thing that happens to me when I'm making dressing for holidays...my Dad would always hover when Mom was making it and jokingly kept saying, "More sage, Stella!! "..and they laughed and she'd toss more in. So since he passed I'd always stop making it for a moment...ask him if it needed more sage, and strangely enough, it always does! I just know he's there with me when I make it.

It's been 15 years since he passed so time has taken a lot of the pain away...I mostly think of him and smile now...I wish you the same with your Mom, Sweetheart.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jul 10th, 2017 at 05:57 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 I always think I hear my mom cough in a grocery store or other place. After my uncle died in a car crash. My cousins best friend was up for a job and drove past that spot. She had an image of him saying don't worry, you got the job.

Thread Information