User Tag List

Page 605 of 1953 FirstFirst ... 105 505 555 595 603 604 605 606 607 615 655 705 1105 1605 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 29295
Like Tree118399Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Nat, glad you were able to grab some zzzzz' s.
    Lynn, it's kind of you to sew these caps for your friend. My friend is going through a similar situation and she described to me a "saggytoque" that she is getting.

Went shopping but I couldn't find anything I wanted to buy. (Sorry Lynn!)
    I will buy some Excedrine Migraine tomorrow at either Walgreens or CVS. That will be my splurge.

All set for tomorrow. Hopefully they can give me the info I need. If not, I may throw myself on the floor kicking and screaming and then I will never see Canada again!

I will meet with a new couple on Thursday . I will also get my car detailed.

Then Friday, off to Chatham again. I feel like a whirlygig.

But on Saturday, I will get Tootie back. Yippee!

Good night, folks!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi good morning everyone. @Lynn49 that’s very kind and thoughtful of you to make those hats for a friend I am sure she would appreciate your gesture. @avoncallingu good luck over the Border today wishing your trip is successful. @Natalka hope you got some sleep last night and is doing better.. Have a great Wednesday all
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Full vegan diet starts today. Just waiting for my aunt because she offered me a ride. Getting lots of beans, chickpeas, tofu, nuts, tons of veggies and fruits. I have a bunch of recipes and ideas ready to go. I have been working up to this for a while. Hope everyone is doing well.
    @cabmonk I am pretty sure you will do good with this new diet. Good luck
    Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo!! hello early bird @flemeth Hump day has begun.
    I almost gave in last night and cooked something for the guys to take for work today BUT then I got distracted and forgot.
    Worked out fine though, they discovered a container in the freezer with chili in it that they had made weeks ago.
    Good luck @cabmonk on going vegan. You still sound motivated and very eager to reach your goals!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Another busy day.
    Wife and I are worried about her parents up North. They live in the French River area...the area with the evacuation alert on right now due to Parry Sound 33.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Dan, hoping all will be ok for the inlaws.

Good morning all! How the heck is it August already?

It marks a year since all my health troubles began...
    A nurse comes today for a check-up and to change my leg bandages. I'm close to getting back to compression stockings, but not quite there yet.

Had another horrible night, it was just awful. Not just that I couldn't sleep til after three, but I was itchy on all parts of my body, it was crazy! I did take the melatonin, but maybe it needs more nights to work...
    Sciatica was really bad this morning, but husband was able to spend some time to massage away most of the owies.

Hoping I can get a snooze in this morning!
    Take care, everyone! Hope you have a great start to the month!
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Aug 1st, 2018 at 09:27 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

***Back in February...
    Municipality doesn't salt or sand their roads before snowy/freezing rain events...
    I drive home and skid because of black ice...wooden post speed limit sign damages my vehicle as I end up in the ditch, and now I get the outrageously high invoice to replace the sign! Where the F#€& do my tax dollars go!?
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Aug 1st, 2018 at 12:08 PM.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ freaking OUCH @danger_dan . That does sting. Is there any way to fight it??
    I'm still " inner biotching " about the jerk who rear ended me back in 2015, our Insurance Co giving us what they say was the value of our" not worth repairing " vehicle, and then we had to get something to drive by digging into our own savings??
    Fair?? NOT!!!
    Makes me wanna go live in a cave somewhere......lol.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, so much going on around here!!

First of all, thank you for those kind words wrt my sewing those chemo hats, but I know any one of you would do the same if asked. I have one more soft, lined toque/cap to do, so that'll give her 3 of them...I have no idea how long she'll be like this....I guess through her chemo course, and likely if she needs another course it'll continue. They just bought a trailer on our street because they have friends on it...she said to me, "We buy a trailer, then surprise, "You have cancer!" Poor kid.......

@cabmonk, I think I lasted a couple whole days being vegan, so I wish you all the success making this significant change in your way of eating....good luck, Cabbie!!!

@GoJays..loved that seagull pic...I happen to LOVE seagulls and always get teased about that when they're flying overhead and I can't stop looking at them, lol....they're so beautiful!!

@walkonby, whew, that was a close-call wrt having to cook for your boys!!! Thank heavens they found their chili!! Hahahahaha!!! That son of yours is going to be a real catch for some unsuspecting lady!! Gorgeous and he can cook!!! Bonus!!

@danger_dan...you had ice there?! How awful for you and now a bill for that sign?!! You're right....so terribly unfair to double-up your frustration! I hope your in-laws are spared from having to evacuate. When our 'kids' were driving down to Barrie for that golf tournament on Thursday, they said for about 20 minutes, it was like driving through a smoking campfire! So difficult to breathe, so I hope that's not affecting them, either.

@avoncallingu, this has GOT to be IT for that paperwork!! I wouldn't blame you if you had a break-down right there on the floor in that office!! It's been far too long with far too much of giving you the run-around! Are you sure trump's not behind all of this?!

@Natalka....I also have sciatica, and it's particularly horrible after I've done a lot of sewing, like yesterday, so I use that 'nubby' hard ball that my physiotherapist suggested I purchase, and it's a real godsend! It was $40, but honestly? I've seen similar things in pet stores, in the dog-toy department! A cheap $6 nubby ball, hard as a "Kong"...I put it between my back pain and my computer chair and yep, it hurts for a time, but the pain slowly releases itself, and I'm able to rock side to side a little until I get even more relief. It's not perfect, but I'm not screaming every time I move from then on! Maybe that'll work for you, too? I hope you're having a better day by now, Hon.

@dededi, @flemeth, lol......it's always nice to see your posts, pics here...you're both so supportive of anyone here under less than ideal conditions and are great cheerleaders whenever we are. Love seeing you on here!

Ok!!! Almost time for my shellac nail appointment...then back here to sew that other cap, then back at camp on Friday to give them to her.

Enjoy your day, everyone!!

Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi from Buffalo. Got an answer -not the one I was hoping for but now we can move on. Maybe I will go buy myself something!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@cabmonk ...I couldn't resist! Sorry!!

Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

@walkonby and @Lynn49
    I edited my post, I realized I should have started by saying, 'back in febraury...'

The incident happened in February, and now the Municipality decides it's time to call me up and hand me an invoice...

...an invoice that just shows 'total' costs for Labour, Equipment, and Materials, but no break down of how those totals were achieved. So to answer your question Walks, yes, I am 'fighting' it by putting it back on them to get me the breakdown of costs.

I work in Construction. Everyday I review Progress Claims by Contractors. I double and triple check the claims so that I'm not handing out money for work that wasn't done. What gives the Municipality the right to hand me an invoice without backing up the totals with a breakdown!?
    Who in there right mind would just hand over money because a number was tossed out at them!?
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    @walkonby and @Lynn49
    I edited my post, I realized I should have started by saying, 'back in febraury...'

The incident happened in February, and now the Municipality decides it's time to call me up and hand me an invoice...

...an invoice that just shows 'total' costs for Labour, Equipment, and Materials, but no break down of how those totals were achieved. So to answer your question Walks, yes, I am 'fighting' it by putting it back on them to get me the breakdown of costs.

I work in Construction. Everyday I review Progress Claims by Contractors. I double and triple check the claims so that I'm not handing out money for work that wasn't done. What gives the Municipality the right to hand me an invoice without backing up the totals with a breakdown!?
    Who in there right mind would just hand over money because a number was tossed out at them!?
    Okay, lol...all cleared up! I couldn't fathom where that ice came from...a tipped over ice-truck??
    And you're SO right to demand a breakdown in those figures, THEN have them checked out with someone independent of the city!
    That's absolutely a ridiculous money-grab!!

Well, we don't have ice here, but we sure do have SMOKE coming north from that Parry Sound district fire! Seems it's heading north, and threatening a highway closure and more evacuation notices. It smells like we're sitting too close to a smoky campfire here and I'm not doing too well with my asthma in this stuff....it's on the island also, so that'll be an interesting weekend!
    I was looking for a radar map of the smoke trail, but couldn't fine one on the weather network or the MNR....

{{{{cough, cough}}}....hope all's well with everyone in SC land!!
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nurse just left. BP is great, lungs clear.
    However, heart rate is 47. But, hey, like the nurse said, that's better than 32.

Breathing is better, so that is encouraging. I didn't even have much trouble laying down when she cleaned and rebandaged my legs.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Gosh, Nat, how are they going to get your heart-rate up? Does that make you tired? I mean...it's got to, right? Yet you can't sleep. What weirdness, huh? But whew on your BP and lungs, and getting your legs all cleaned up...must feel so much better each time that's done.

Keep on track towards recovery, Hon...we're all rootin' for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Nurse just left. BP is great, lungs clear.
    However, heart rate is 47. But, hey, like the nurse said, that's better than 32.

Breathing is better, so that is encouraging. I didn't even have much trouble laying down when she cleaned and rebandaged my legs.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!
    Natalka, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information