User Tag List

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1063Likes

Thread: August 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (summer fun and finds)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just happened to browse a shoe store's Facebook page and saw this backpack-want!
    https://www.facebook.com/susanneshoe...type=3&theater
    In my dreams!

For Friday's Play day, I took a walk at dusk without my eyewear and played what is that object at the curb? I detoured one way because I spotted 3 cans down one road that I was not planning to go but they were worth 30 cents, so happy find. Spotted a Coke bottle across the road but could not tell if it had the gold cap (contest code cap) so I crossed the road. Found the second contest cap of the day. Then 4 more cans to return on Saturday. At night, I made myself go through the new Ikea catalogue in one session, because twice before, I had heavy eyes (sleepy)from just viewing a few pages before bed. This time, I saw all the animals used in various rooms (2 cats, a peacock, a little bird, at least one dog and ...not sure if I missed a creature) and NOTICED THE CANDY price drop for a week in late September. My goal is to visit Ikea that week and buy some of the bulk candies!

About 10 minutes after reading @coupon girl 's post about the rain in Hamilton on Thursday, it began to rain outside of the library. Kind of late for me, but I started for home and was only partially soaked (below the knees).
    @Angela273 -the daycare contract is such happy news this month for you! Congratulations!
    @lizzie bargain -you are the SC forum's Anthony Bourdain of travel. Love reading of your destinations and adventures!

I too missed the Talize sale yesterday (thought it best to finish cutting grass but my goal this weekend is to find the ride mower manual (and key) and read it, so I can use the darn metal next week to speed up grasscutting!). My lower body is absolutely furious with me and recent mowing.

I had no idea that Lysol disinfecting wipes came in Sun Kissed Linen. Need a sniff to see if the product's scent resembles line-dried laundry outdoors in the sun.

Had a good time at lunch yesterday with a relative and was pleased weather was great.

Trying to hold on to the last $30 of grocery money until the next batch of flyers come into effect. Have to make choices about what foods to buy and which to drop when price increases due to tariffs continue to come to stores near us.

Our town has a weekly farmer's market on a greenspace by a church during the summer and early fall. I'd say about half of the vendors are actual farmers. The other half are a mix of wineries, food producers ie. processed meats/food trucks and bakers (sort of local but not necessarily so -within 100km). Burlington has a market on their parking lot about 2-3 days per week. I have not been to that one recently to check the offerings. I know some business improvement areas work to have some kind of food or produce market in a municipal parking lot in the summertime.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ordered free coupons for zebracoupons just now I did -go fast as the melitta coffee and a few others are sold out already

code is : backtoschool2018 for free shipping and paying nothing for them

just paid my larger visa bill in full(house insurance was on it) so that's a great feeling ,feeling pretty drained today emotionally my dear daughter had a very candid talk with me this morning ,so hard when you feel for your grown kids

on a happy note my dear son/wife were married 8 years yesterday ,I called to wish her happy anniversary and she told me they were having swiss chalet with their 2 girls

-my old navy pkg came in took awhile but then again it was 40% off sale
    hubby is keeping one pair of grey shorts 17.40 and the other 2 going back one too small one too big credit of 30.00 on my mastercard so not bad -he said he didn't need shorts but he does ,he hates spending money on himself on clothing -lol and I know for a fact I may never find his size thrift shopping for mens shorts
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Aug 21st, 2018 at 04:39 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I get paid tomorrow woohoo...

my mom bought me some groceries and herself then started kicking herself because she wasn’t going home. I am sitting in the car because I was told not to do strenuous activities in this smoke...I don’t know how I am going to do this when I get home and have to pack it all inside. It’s hot out I don’t know why I decided to wear camo pants and black tshirt?!? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Aug 21st, 2018 at 05:21 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I contacted my drop-in Daycare parent when their kids were late this morning. The dad is sick and forgot to text me to cancel. I was up and in the shower before 6am, but ended up not working. I contacted an older friend and we spent time with her. I picked her up and we headed to a park in her area. That school park recently had two different zip lines installed. I got in quite a workout helping out kids up to the high part on both lines. Our friend surprised us and treated us all to DQ. I made sure we got the receipt and I told her that it has a free survey for a free silky bar at the bottom of it. She gave me the receipt, so I can get a silly bar sometime. I will also submit the receipt to the SnapMyEats app. Twin girl fell to sleep on the drive home. It took me a while to get twin boy down for his nap. Then I spent one-on-one time with our son. He picked two different kids goats games and we played 3 rounds of it.

I had ds help me harvest tomatoes again. 40 beefsteaks, 30 Roma’s, abd a 6 cup container full of large cherry tomatoes. My regular tomato customer had a standing order for today. He’ll pick up some ripe cherry and beefsteak tomatoes this evening for $8. I think I’ll turn the rest into tomato sauce for the freezer. I’m sure I could sell the ripe tomatoes, but I think it is worth preserving some for the winter. It’d be cheaper than buying regular canned tomatoes for about $1 a can.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 22nd, 2018 at 08:42 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Home after a long rainy drive and son number 1 assisted on the 401 outside of Kingston. DH is still recovering. So while it was nerve wracking at 1st I reminded myself he is fully licensed and I needed a break and he needs 401 experience. I splurged and took the 407 as it was 4pm when I got to Oshawa. Made it to oakville in an hour so it was worth the splurge. But now back to my fruglista ways as it was an expensive vacation. But both kids reported loving it so that's a win in my books. Came home to a garden bursting with treats so dinner was cherry tomatoes great beans and burgers. I think we are at the end of the beans but the peppers are coming on strong. My rosemary plant is not producing like last year so I am going to stop at the garden centre to get another.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

A Smokey sunset!

Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Making a pizza for lunch...

Went out and spent that offer at shoppers 15x points for $30 or more earned 15,300 pts.

Haven’t made it to the grocery store I had to walk all the way across town to my bank because they took out the atm in shoppers drug mart for RBC. It’s really Smokey outside and making it dark outside.

Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had the two drop-in kids today. We spent a good portion of our morning in the back yard. I took pictures of our muddy kids before they got cleaned up in the tub. The daycare kids were just wet from playing in the water table. I washed 3 loads of bedding today. During afternoon nap ds helped me with some mending. I hadn’t done any in quite a while he practised his whip stitch on a pillow, the seam had partially come undone after being washed. I went to dessert and a documentary st the public. Free outing for myself. I feel pretty badly that our kids haven’t been to the paddling pools, although we go to the craft program about once a week. There are always excuses or life getting in the way. I have to trust that our children enjoy the other things that we have been doing. We haven’t gone fishing yet this year...and summer holidays are nearly over.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning-went to the mall yesterday with daughter-in-law and baby cara ,I did a bit of xmas shopping -lol at bath and body works they had their hand soaps on sale and smaller candles were 10.00 I spent 40 something saved 10.00 from using a coupon
    also seen a new store in the mall Nygard for ladies (may have to check that out when I am by myself as cara was fussing a bit )I returned 2 pairs of shorts to old navy $34 back on my credit card
    then treated us to harveys with a coupon

gee all you ladies with small one my daughter-in-law got a pair of expensive runners for Ashlyn for back to school at payless 16.99 reg 48.00 I cant remember the name but they are well made -they have a pretty good sale on

then son treated my hubby to wings back at my house when we got home

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This week, I took out my sewing machine to repair the torn section of the top of the flat sheet that pulled away from the header. Funny, that sheet set has only been laundered like 6 times since I took it out of the package in July. Not made as they used to be.

While I have finished using the Sensodyne mouthwash I bought at 50% off, I recycled the bottle but kept the handy little cup cap to use with another mouthwash in the future. It's a plastic cup and saves me using my cupped hand to slurp up mouthwash. I like Biotene best of mouthwashes. Sensodyne is not as strong as Listerine but the mint flavour is sharper than I want to inhale or swish.

Managed to look over the flyers as our weekly paper came after 9am today. Part of the street on one side of the bridge was affected by the Alectra Utitilies power outage impacting Wilson St W last night. Our section of the street is with Hydro One-the street lights were working when I got home but there was no paper. For some reason, the Walmart flyer is not in the bundle. Will get one at the store later.

Need to spend a few cents to get my Longos total over $25 for the week to earn 50 TYR points. Another task to tend to.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lilo0003 - what a memorable trip to Quebec! Love your idea of giving your son some road time on the 401 highway. At least he won't get ideas about wanting to drive it anytime soon near Toronto (potholes galore). I don't miss driving on the 401 at all-tight grip on the steering wheel while trying to keep eyes around me as to which lane drivers were going to overtake me in middle or left lanes.

Drummondville, QC has its poutine festival on this weekend. Stoney Creek ON has its Winona Peach fest (btw, I posted some Peach recipes in Cakes plus a salsa recipe in Dips and a no-bake cheesecake in I'm Too Hot thread) starting tomorrow.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Wearing a holter monitor... they had buy 3 (591ml)Pepsi products for $5 at 7-11 so I bought 2 Pepsi’s and a blue raspberry crush. I met up with a guy I met at my neighbours place on Tuesday for lunch at a pizza place and he bought a slice of pizza, I wasn’t expecting that. Then we talked about everything under the sun then learned we went to the same high school together he’s 2 years younger than me. I sure hope he wasn’t expecting something more then just getting lunch.

This thing is so uncomfortable the monitor it’s sitting around my neck with glue pads on my chest. It only got uncomfortable when I got home from being out all day and wanted to sit around my house. I don’t think I noticed being out with it from 11am to 2:45pm in public.

I didn’t pick up anything for my aunt for her birthday other than some “brownie brittle” I saw at shoppers drug mart. And we see each other tomorrow for the birthday celebration I thought I had more time to pick up something i guess not.

Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok, please excuse the potentially lengthy update. The first part has the more important info.
    Earlier this evening a new potential daycare family arranged a daycare visit next week for their young daughter.
    One of my daycare kids left due to her family’s situation this spring. The mom messaged me tonight to say she will be attending the community college in September and her daughter will be returning to my care very soon. I’m waiting for the details, but I’ve continued to be in touch with this mom over the summer.
    Yesterday I had drop-in daycare kids that have been coming occasionally since June. The family chose not to sign a contract. It looks like I might not have room for this age of drop-in daycare kids come September.

This morning I made chocolate drop cookies with our children. It is dh’s favourite. Yesterday morning and this morning our children played in the water table and their garden area each morning. They were so muddy that I took pictures and stuck them in the tub when they were done. This afternoon I took our 3 children to a free family event for 3hrs. The kids had fun, but unfortunately they didn’t win any of the big prizes. At supper ds lost his first tooth while eating his bun. He didn’t even notice until he had swallowed the tooth and discovered the little hole at the bottom. His mouth felt much better afterwards. He had been complaining about it hurting when he bit food for a while, but I think he was a bit scraed that it’d hurt when the tooth came out. Good thing he doesn’t believe in the tooth fairy, since he doesn’t have the tooth to put under his pillow.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:06 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have scheduled 5 days of drop-in daycare kids for next week. I have had 2 of her 3 children in the past. It’ll help make up for my lack of daycare contracts over the summer. I have 2 daycare families on contract, both starting September 4.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

good afternoon -went out to 3 stores this morning first rona-had 20% off on a long handled garden tool I needed,then on to locococs I spent 47.31 on fruit and veggies 0they had corn on for .10 for 3 days only so I got 20 cobs -the kids can take some home ,then on to zarkys a local butcher/frozen foods shop I spent 24.59

just relaxing and hung a load out ,as on Saturday having both my kids and all my grandkids over for a bbq to celebrate my daughter's 36th birthday then we watch Sebastian overnight til Monday afternoon so they can go away to Niagara-on-the lake

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information