User Tag List

Page 631 of 654 FirstFirst ... 131 531 581 621 629 630 631 632 633 641 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyFree View Post
    Use FB to follow some neighborhood groups and stores. Got my NF Free Bologna coupons via FB. It is not that bad. I never post and they have no info. It can be used judiciously and to advantage.
    I found out last week that having a G-mail address (set up last month) allowed me to answer a question someone posted on Facebook for a local place in Hamilton. I don't have Facebook but I finally have a key to participate in replying to posts should I wish to.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sibling was about to say something (two days before visitor arrives) about said visitor and I cut him off. Basically it was my turn to say "talk to the hand." I have another matter on my mind and visitor will get what is offered. Not standing too much on ceremony--have other plans.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Ugh, did my shopping online and the store placed their logo sticker over the date so I can't submit to either checkout51 or caddle.
    barbis9, coupon girl and dededi like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

ok i just have to rant.. this might me a tad long but i just need to rant it out (and not on facebook lol)

Today was my daughter's 11th birthday.. and my sister (her aunt) nearly ruined it!.. my parents came down with her for our annual birthday celebrations (activity and then dinner).. they arrive at our place with my sister and as always she makes back handed comments, which i didn't fully appreciate but i know better then to comment on them.. we go out bowling and my sister has a scowl on her face most of the time and if there wasn't a scowl on her face she was staring right at her cellphone texting or surfing.. she barely talked to my daughter, barely interacted with her.. to be honest i don't know why she even came.. after bowling we go out for dinner, minor convo going on, books get brought up, my daughter asks her aunt (my sister) if she could get her Hairy MacClary books back, books my sister borrowed so she could share them with the kids she was nannying for.. books that my daughter loved.. well my sister got snotty with her.. saying that she can't do that, they are gone that's it.. it nearly broke my daughter's heart (she was visibly upset).. no apology no offer to replace them.. just a "there gone" in a very snotty tone then face back in her phone.. after comforting my child and telling her we'll try and replace them (if i can find them and they don't cost a small fortune)

conversation shifts, small talk what is happening with another family members-uncle listing his house, reasons why, paying for vacations on credit and my sister turns what should be general talking into a debate then into a near hissyfit while sitting in the restaurant because i don't agree with her on a relatively minor topic (vacations/going on holidays being a want vrs need) and then she goes on how she feels my parents favor me and treat her like crap and don't support her and this is why she doesn't want to join the family with christmas and easter and thanksgiving and how she never wants to do anything with the family because she's treated like crap...my sister is nearly 40 years old!... and my poor daughter is just sitting there watching this upset because of the loss of her books and watching her auntie get herself worked up into a fit until my mom stopped my sister from going on a huge tangent (to be honest i'm surprised she didn't stomp out of the restaurant) after we left my daughter said.. i wish auntie didn't come today, she nearly ruined my birthday.. it hurts my heart to hear my daughter say that.. a 39 year old woman should know better
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    ok i just have to rant.. this might me a tad long but i just need to rant it out (and not on facebook lol)

Today was my daughter's 11th birthday.. and my sister (her aunt) nearly ruined it!.. my parents came down with her for our annual birthday celebrations (activity and then dinner).. they arrive at our place with my sister and as always she makes back handed comments, which i didn't fully appreciate but i know better then to comment on them.. we go out bowling and my sister has a scowl on her face most of the time and if there wasn't a scowl on her face she was staring right at her cellphone texting or surfing.. she barely talked to my daughter, barely interacted with her.. to be honest i don't know why she even came.. after bowling we go out for dinner, minor convo going on, books get brought up, my daughter asks her aunt (my sister) if she could get her Hairy MacClary books back, books my sister borrowed so she could share them with the kids she was nannying for.. books that my daughter loved.. well my sister got snotty with her.. saying that she can't do that, they are gone that's it.. it nearly broke my daughter's heart (she was visibly upset).. no apology no offer to replace them.. just a "there gone" in a very snotty tone then face back in her phone.. after comforting my child and telling her we'll try and replace them (if i can find them and they don't cost a small fortune)

conversation shifts, small talk what is happening with another family members-uncle listing his house, reasons why, paying for vacations on credit and my sister turns what should be general talking into a debate then into a near hissyfit while sitting in the restaurant because i don't agree with her on a relatively minor topic (vacations/going on holidays being a want vrs need) and then she goes on how she feels my parents favor me and treat her like crap and don't support her and this is why she doesn't want to join the family with christmas and easter and thanksgiving and how she never wants to do anything with the family because she's treated like crap...my sister is nearly 40 years old!... and my poor daughter is just sitting there watching this upset because of the loss of her books and watching her auntie get herself worked up into a fit until my mom stopped my sister from going on a huge tangent (to be honest i'm surprised she didn't stomp out of the restaurant) after we left my daughter said.. i wish auntie didn't come today, she nearly ruined my birthday.. it hurts my heart to hear my daughter say that.. a 39 year old woman should know better
    Wow. That's awful: an adult borrowed books that belonged to a child and then announced that the child would not get her books back?!?! Wow. It's such a gift that a child likes to read books and a nanny who cares for children does not recognize the significance of the love of reading and the trust a child put on an adult to take care of treasured items and return them when finished.

I really hope you can get the books replaced. Thanks for sharing.
    barbis9 and Rubialoca like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Wow. That's awful: an adult borrowed books that belonged to a child and then announced that the child would not get her books back?!?! Wow. It's such a gift that a child likes to read books and a nanny who cares for children does not recognize the significance of the love of reading and the trust a child put on an adult to take care of treasured items and return them when finished.

I really hope you can get the books replaced. Thanks for sharing.
    my daughter loved the books (and loves to read).. they are about a scruffy dog and his adventures with his friends, she loves anything dog related..even if she is "too old" for the books she will still love them and read them regularly, these were the books she had memorized she had read them so often(heck i nearly had them memorized i read them to her soo often lol)...my sister had originally given them to her and asked to borrow them so she could share them with the kids she was nannying (i think they are a well loved british series and she used to nanny over in england), she did use the word borrow when she asked my daughter and i do remember my daughter saying she did want them back, and i guess my sister thought differently(or didn't bother to think how my daughter would react if she never got them back)... it looks like amazon.ca has them.. it's gonna cost me nearly $50 to replace them.. between the books and my sister's meltdown in the restaurant i'm tired of walking on eggshells around her, i have for years and it's exhausting, how she acted was not ok, to be soo snarky to my daughter was not ok.. i'm done.. and i hope she doesn't come for christmas because i might just end up saying something to her she really doesn't want to hear.. i'm trying very hard not to lay into her in a very long facebook message/text about everything.. though i will make it well known that if she cannot put away her phone and be a positive person we do not want her to come to my daughter's birthday next year (and this is how my daughter feels about it.. she doesn't want auntie there if auntie is going to be grumpy and hide behind her phone)
    barbis9, Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to read those books--and the cat ones too! I think the author--a woman from New Zealand--even signed a couple of mine.

As for your sister, remember that family behaves like family--and on that note: neither facebook nor texts are the place to issue grievances. If your sister doesn't value her family then you value yours (and yourself) and avoid her. Sometimes the best thing you can do is keep away. Self preservation is not selfishness--so be kind to yourself and your family if she can't be.

my daughter loved the books (and loves to read).. they are about a scruffy dog and his adventures with his friends, she loves anything dog related..even if she is "too old" for the books she will still love them and read them regularly, these were the books she had memorized she had read them so often(heck i nearly had them memorized i read them to her soo often lol)...my sister had originally given them to her and asked to borrow them so she could share them with the kids she was nannying (i think they are a well loved british series and she used to nanny over in england), she did use the word borrow when she asked my daughter and i do remember my daughter saying she did want them back, and i guess my sister thought differently(or didn't bother to think how my daughter would react if she never got them back)... it looks like amazon.ca has them.. it's gonna cost me nearly $50 to replace them.. between the books and my sister's meltdown in the restaurant i'm tired of walking on eggshells around her, i have for years and it's exhausting, how she acted was not ok, to be soo snarky to my daughter was not ok.. i'm done.. and i hope she doesn't come for christmas because i might just end up saying something to her she really doesn't want to hear.. i'm trying very hard not to lay into her in a very long facebook message/text about everything.. though i will make it well known that if she cannot put away her phone and be a positive person we do not want her to come to my daughter's birthday next year (and this is how my daughter feels about it.. she doesn't want auntie there if auntie is going to be grumpy and hide behind her phone)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    I used to read those books--and the cat ones too! I think the author--a woman from New Zealand--even signed a couple of mine.

As for your sister, remember that family behaves like family--and on that note: neither facebook nor texts are the place to issue grievances. If your sister doesn't value her family then you value yours (and yourself) and avoid her. Sometimes the best thing you can do is keep away. Self preservation is not selfishness--so be kind to yourself and your family if she can't be.
    Full agreement with what alex78 says... with an addition: People like that do what they do to get attention. Don't give them the satisfaction of giving it to them by text/facebook/etc... In fact I wouldn't even acknowledge it. I've it were me, i'd move on and (as alex78 said) focus more of your efforts to do what YOU do best for your family, even if she won't.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Nov 14th, 2018 at 12:39 AM.
    barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post

i managed to buy the books on amazon for my daughter, and from now on they won't leave the house and she'll keep them for whenever she has kids (i do have a couple books from my childhood and 1-2 from my mom's childhood!)

i did not say or post anything on facebook,and won't via text i would rather not create more family drama (i will admit my mom has even had issues with my sister's drama so this isn't directly with me alone) and i know if i posted anything that she could consider a jab at her (even if i made a post with "grrr" ) she would blow it out of proportions.. sorta why i came here to rant lol it's a neutral area, done by user name, that none of my family uses lol i have always made it known that adult issues are adult issues..and i would never keep my daughter from any family (or friends) if there are issues going on between the adults, and my daughter should not allow adult issues effect her relationship with others... i won't badmouth my sister to my daughter but i did have to have a conversation with her about what happened in an age appropriate way because she wasn't happy with how "auntie nearly ruined" her birthday..

i will admit me and my sister have never been all that close.. and as the years progress i think we are less and less close.. it's just too tiring to be around her watching everything i say and do to prevent setting her off
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i managed to buy the books on amazon for my daughter, and from now on they won't leave the house and she'll keep them for whenever she has kids (i do have a couple books from my childhood and 1-2 from my mom's childhood!)

i did not say or post anything on facebook,and won't via text i would rather not create more family drama (i will admit my mom has even had issues with my sister's drama so this isn't directly with me alone) and i know if i posted anything that she could consider a jab at her (even if i made a post with "grrr" ) she would blow it out of proportions.. sorta why i came here to rant lol it's a neutral area, done by user name, that none of my family uses lol i have always made it known that adult issues are adult issues..and i would never keep my daughter from any family (or friends) if there are issues going on between the adults, and my daughter should not allow adult issues effect her relationship with others... i won't badmouth my sister to my daughter but i did have to have a conversation with her about what happened in an age appropriate way because she wasn't happy with how "auntie nearly ruined" her birthday..

i will admit me and my sister have never been all that close.. and as the years progress i think we are less and less close.. it's just too tiring to be around her watching everything i say and do to prevent setting her off
    Its very obvious that your sister has issues and she is toxic. The best thing is to limit contact as much as possible and take the high road. Some people love drama and nothing you say or do can change that. Your priority is your daughter and I am glad you had an age appropriate conversation with her.
    Natalka, coupon girl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Its very obvious that your sister has issues and she is toxic. The best thing is to limit contact as much as possible and take the high road. Some people love drama and nothing you say or do can change that. Your priority is your daughter and I am glad you had an age appropriate conversation with her.

i do fully agree with you.. i do think my sister can be toxic.. i do not want to withhold my daughter from speaking to her auntie (that would just create more drama, and adult issues are adult issues, a kid should never be stuck in the middle of adult issues), if my daughter wants to distance herself from her auntie that is a choice for my daughter to make (and i do think she has made it), they can message each other on Facebook kids messenger.. fortunately she doesn't live local (about a 3hr drive away and in a different town then my parents).. to be honest i don't think my sister is a happy person at the moment.. she is nearly 40 years old and is starting her life over again (divorced, spent a number of years over seas nannying living a minimal life), now back in Canada going back to school for a new career (which should be a positive thing but probably adds stress).. though when i look back i think my sister has always been this way.. distance was a good thing for us, i don't think we'll ever be on good friendly terms with each other it will be neutral or nothing..

as sad as it sounds, i hope she doesn't come for family Christmas (or makes it a quick in and out), i don't think any of us want to deal with the drama or have to walk on egg shells and after the birthday blow out.. i want some distance.. because i'm still angry with her..

(and thanks for letting me rant about this.. it makes my sanity on the whole issue much better lol)
    Last edited by Midnightly; Wed, Nov 14th, 2018 at 05:18 PM.
    barbis9, walkonby and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ugh all this pre Black Friday sales, emails, flyers etc getting confused to the actual date (isn't it around American thanksgivings). I don't see anything great that hasn't been on sale before so I didn't get the big fuss.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

bought a tv last night, just about to set it up & realize our tv stand is too small.....grrrr, now we have to buy a larger one & pray it fits in the car...OR have it delivered & pay the extra fee $$$ & did i mention i HATE waiting?
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bought my mom a new cover for her older iPad at target. All fine until she loses iPad at Toronto airport during security screening. Bought a new iPad and case while she is in Georgia. Now I have to drive across the border to return it or eat the $40.
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Bought my mom a new cover for her older iPad at target. All fine until she loses iPad at Toronto airport during security screening. Bought a new iPad and case while she is in Georgia. Now I have to drive across the border to return it or eat the $40.
    Few questions:

How did you pay for the iPad cover at Target? If you used a credit or debit card, it's going to cost you in exchange rates. (the banks get you coming and going)
    Here's how the math works on that: let's say the MARKET exchange rate is 30% (and it assuming hasnt changed since your purcahse, because it probably hasnt by much if it has).
    The MARKET rate at 30% means your BANK probably calculated it at about 32 or 33% on the dollar on your credit card. Well, they do it in reverse when refunded... meaning you'll be refunded at about 27% you're going to lose a few dollars just in exchange rates. You'll actually lose about 6% in the refund -- My advice? -- ask Target to issue a gift card instead. You wont lose the exchange rate on the refund, and you'll have the money to spend on something in the future.

Of course, if you paid cash... then none of the above matters.

Also, why buy a new case with the new iPad? The last few ipad generations still use the same size cases on them. You likely could have kept the Target one. Assuming you didnt change models drastically (ie: switched to an iPad mini, or jumped from an iPad 3 to the ipad 6, for example) why not return the new case you just bought, and hang on to the Target one?

Lastly, if the case isnt a match, maybe you can sell it locally, and perhaps (at the very worst) break even on what you paid in CDN$ for it? -- just a thought.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Thu, Nov 29th, 2018 at 06:41 AM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Page 631 of 654 FirstFirst ... 131 531 581 621 629 630 631 632 633 641 ... LastLast

Thread Information